NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Direct | E3 2021 + Treehouse Live (15th June 2021 @ 17:00 BST)

25 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

What I wish for:

• Skies of Arcadia remaster;

No. :weep: Let's not start this again.

I'd make Vyse, Aika and Fina my first amiibo. :cry: 

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

2 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

No. :weep: Let's not start this again.

I'd make Vyse, Aika and Fina my first amiibo. :cry: 

I don't think a remaster would warrant amiibos... Maybe in the case of a remake, but even I wouldn't dream so high. That'd be impossible.

7e5075a2fc718b3fbfff5425ccd38fce.jpg

...Never say never, I suppose

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I never did defeat their imposters! Loved the game, but from a technical perspective it was slow as fuck. It could really do with a proper remake, though I'd take a direct simple remaster and a direct sequel as well.

• Like 2

Man, E3 2019 was probably the best Switch-Era E3 for me so far!

Super.Smash.Bros..full.2618121.jpg

I'm not expecting this year's to reach that lofty height, but I wouldn't be upset!

What I'm expecting

Next Smash Character (That's a gimme)

Something on BotW 2 (No matter how small)

Some kind of update news for Animal Crossing

Kirby game (I've got a good feeling that it's time for something there)

My Crazy Stupid Dream Land!

Second Smash Character. And it's Toxtricity! I do believe that we're gonna get a Gen 8 Pokémon in there. Sword/Shield was crazy popular, but there's over 100 less awesome Pokémon as competition, so... Either way, I think they're gonna prolong the agony of speculation, seeing as it's the end of Ultimate's DLC, actually speaking of...

A third Fighter's Pass! We're 4 characters short from having a perfect rectangle on the character select screen! That needs to be fixed!

PMD: Explorers Remake. Don't get me wrong, it's defo happening, but probably not this year.

Metroid Prime 4 footage. Not got a good feeling that's in a showable state.

A Zelda game that isn't open-world tripe. And now I've made myself sad...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jonnas said:

I don't think a remaster would warrant amiibos... Maybe in the case of a remake, but even I wouldn't dream so high. That'd be impossible.

With so many out there I wasn't clear on what does and doesn't warrant the amiibo treatment. :blush: I'm sure they'd do a Fifa amiibo range if EA cosied up and offered footy players for Smash. And maybe they will with the Euros looming!

Expectations
Zelda SS, BotW, anniversary stuff
Mario Golf: Super Rush blow-out as it releases this month
Game Builder Garage demo in the Treehouse

Asking For Too Much
Link to the Past rerelease with updated/ modernised 2D pixel graphics
Ocarina of Time rerelease with graphics in the ilk of the Spaceworld '00 tech demo or the Wii U Zelda tech demo
The fabled and sought after Animal Crossing QoL update
F-Zero Ultimate (rather than Mario Kart) with the inclusion of non-F-Zero characters from their own planets with their own ships and race tracks. Not to be confused with Star Fox GP.
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon follow-up announced thanks to the close relationship between Nintendo and Namco
Blue Dragon coming to Switch is the only news from Nintendo x Microsoft
A new Mario & Luigi RPG is announced followed by Sonic & Tales RPG

I could keep going. Would like to see more Atlus on Switch, more Square-Enix stuff, Sports Story info, Cris Tales info... but I'll leave that up to those companies rather than Nintendo.

As with all Directs, I'll just be glad to watch the presentation no matter what is in it, and the less I see that I want, the better. :laughing:

• Like 1

What was the last new IP we got?

Edited by LazyBoy

5 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

What was the last new IP we got?

This gen, off the top of my head:

Game Builder > Ring Fit > Labo > ARMS > Snipperclips > 1-2 Switch

So mostly the weirder, more experimental games

Edited by Ronnie
  • Thanks 1

What I'm expecting:

- Breath of the Wild 2 teaser trailer, with gameplay
- DK
- 2D Metroid
- Metroid Prime 4 tease
- Smash character reveal

What I'd love to see:

- Pilotwings
- Mario Odyssey 2
- Brand new 2D Zelda, new world to explore. Fed up with ports and remakes

I can't see them going too heavy on Zelda until after Skyward Sword is out though, so maybe a 35th anniversary thing to come in August or something.

Edited by Ronnie

So ARMS is really the only one that fits into the 'proper series' category of games I've just arbitrarily invented.

I would love one year for Ninty to rock up, throw out all running series and just announce a slate of new IPs. Would never happen.

• Like 1

And give me Rabbids on Switch. Let Ubisoft announce it in their slot, no problem to me.
Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle The 2nd
Raving Rabbids mini-game collection
Raving Rabbids platformer
Raving Rabbids RPG
Raving Rabbids Racer
Raving Rabbids point-and-click adventure
Raving Rabbids NFC cards for Animal Crossing

11 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

I would love one year for Ninty to rock up, throw out all running series and just announce a slate of new IPs. Would never happen.

Dude, I would take this. Imagine if once all these anniversaries are out of the way they do it...

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

This gen, off the top of my head:

Game Builder > Ring Fit > Labo > ARMS > Snipperclips > 1-2 Switch

So mostly the weirder, more experimental games

We also got Good Job, Sushi Striker (3DS port, but it still counts) and Part-Time-UFO.

Guess you can also kinda count Miitopia since the original 3DS version came out after the Switch console itself did.

Edited by Dcubed

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

We also got Good Job, Sushi Striker (3DS port, but it still counts) and Part-Time-UFO.

Keep meaning to try Part Time UFO, looked a lot of fun when they first revealed it.

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

You and @Ronnie forgot GOTY 2020: Jump Rope Challenge!

:p 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Is Snipperclips a Nintendo IP? I know they published it but I figured that was just to help get it out. Do they actually own that IP?

The copyright for the game is down as being solely Nintendo, which I assume means they own the IP now. 

Watch Snip and Clip be a Smash character reveal in a couple of weeks...

• Like 2

Would love to see F-Zero, Advance Wars, Golden Sun or Pilotwings get new games. Even just a low budget retro style 2D F-Zero would be very welcome, track editor and online would make it worth it.

Maybe a bit more likely, Mario Odyssey 2 or Mario + Rabbids 2 would be nice too.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The copyright for the game is down as being solely Nintendo, which I assume means they own the IP now. 

Watch Snip and Clip be a Smash character reveal in a couple of weeks...

Would make sense, just never looked into it personally. Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Mandalore said:

Would love to see F-Zero, Advance Wars, Golden Sun or Pilotwings get new games. Even just a low budget retro style 2D F-Zero would be very welcome, track editor and online would make it worth it.

Quick, wake up before you hurt yourself and potentially others.

• Confused 1

Fair warning! There's a pretty credible leak of something that is probably gonna show up here.

Credible as in the official Japanese website was accidentally updated early with a release date of November this year. So it's quite likely it was gonna be shown here. And it's a game that was revealed quite a way back.

I'm not gonna mention the title here, but if you really want to know, then I guess I'll put it on my wall? So you can click my name and find out.

And that's all I'm gonna say on the matter. Might be time to start avoiding ResetEra... apart from the usual reasons.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Fair warning! There's a pretty credible leak of something that is probably gonna show up here.

Credible as in the official Japanese website was accidentally updated early with a release date of November this year. So it's quite likely it was gonna be shown here. And it's a game that was revealed quite a way back.

I'm not gonna mention the title here, but if you really want to know, then I guess I'll put it on my wall? So you can click my name and find out.

And that's all I'm gonna say on the matter. Might be time to start avoiding ResetEra... apart from the usual reasons.

OMG!!  I can’t believe that they’re bringing back Raven Blade!! Can’t wait! :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I can confirm it's hard to avoid. I actually checked your wall @Glen-i, but I've seen the news on twitter right afterwards, and now on Nintendo Everything. And now @Dcubed spoiled it right here in the thread. What a doofus. 

• Haha 3

I know going in blind is a virtue to some, but knowing a release date of a game that may or may not show up is at least not that much of a spoiler. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I know going in blind is a virtue to some, but knowing a release date of a game that may or may not show up is at least not that much of a spoiler. 

Yeah I agree. I think the game in question was due an update anyways as it was meant to be releasing this year and we hadn't heard anything for a good while, so I kind of expected to see it at E3 and to get this update there. 

I get why @Glen-i wouldn't outright share it though, as some people online (not necessarily here) are sensitive to anything and everything, and it feels like absolutely everything is "spoiling" something these days, which is...silly. 

I know there have been times where I throw things in spoiler tags and I genuinely have to question whether it's necessary or not, but there are other times where I enjoy the discussion here that comes with discussing a potential leak (such as that apparent recent Final Fantasy-related leak), or there are instances where the game is so big that as much as I hate seeing it leak, it's everywhere and so would feel weird to not talk about it (ahem, Elden Ring). A lot of these spread so quickly (and there are so many that aren't true as it is!) that even if you stop diverting your eyes for a moment you might come across one. 

Personally, in this instance, I don't think it's that big of a deal as it's a slip up on the publisher's side (so not really a leak as such), and would be the kind of thing I think is worth discussing. But I don't know, it's possible that someone else here will strongly disagree with me on that. 

It might seem silly, but I don't know, maybe it would be worth having a discussion at some point about what we're comfortable having out wide in the open in threads. I feel like it's generally handled well and people know when something might be bigger and worth throwing behind some spoiler tags (for instance, the actually massive and legitimate E3 leaks like the ones we got in 2017), but there are times where it seems like a select audience is interested and foaming at the mouth for news and that discussion, and if you're a fan of a series then you're probably there with your ear to the ground anyways (such as with Final Fantasy or Elden Ring). 

I think the biggest ones which we probably should throw behind spoiler tags are things like leaks that actually seem legitimate going into big events such as E3 or The Game Awards, mainly for the bigger publishers, and especially Nintendo, just seeing as that is where most of the conversation here naturally drifts towards anyways and how they have events throughout the year. 

I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it a bit, but I also don't want to set a precedent where I myself am going too far, throw anything and everything behind a spoiler tag, and others feel like they need to do the same, so we end up missing out on worthwhile discussion (or we do have a worthwhile discussion, but it's all hidden behind spoiler tags anyways for something that isn't that big of a deal). 

I get that this on the low end, but I don't think it takes that much effort just to just spoiler tag anything that leaks in the build up to E3, it takes 2 seconds and is helpful for people who want to go in spoiler free :peace:

• Like 1

Yeah personally I don't really care much about spoilers but at this time of year until it comes out of Nintendo's mouth then put it in a spoiler just in case.