Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Cartoons of the prophet muhummed, muslims have now gone "LIAR KILLER DEMON".

dabookerman

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just like to say that there is no such thing as liberal islam. either you follow islam or you don't. there seem to be people out there that like to split islam in two groups.

moderate or extreme! honestly there is no such thing. anyone who follows islamic laws will be called an extremist. i see some people on here are wondering where are the liberal muslims? can someone describe what this is please?

is a liberal muslim a woman who doesnt wear the hijab? a muslim man who likes to drink?

what is an extremist? a muslim who supports resistance in palestine, iraq, kashmir?

also to the defenders of freedom of speech/expression etc. what happened to them freedoms in france when they banned muslim school girls wearing thre hijab?

I would say all my muslim friends are good muslims...... They however don't go around calling for deaths over these cartoons..... They aren't extremeists...... The distinction is quite easy to make. :-/

the ban was on large crosses. when do you see christians wearing large crosses. also wearing the cross or the jewish skullcap is not a religious obligation. wearing the hijab is an obligation for all muslim women.

that is the huge difference!

It is forbidden to walk four cubits without a head covering.

Anyway, everyone should move away from France ... or something.

the ban was on large crosses. when do you see christians wearing large crosses. also wearing the cross or the jewish skullcap is not a religious obligation. wearing the hijab is an obligation for all muslim women.

that is the huge difference!

Well...

I do belive the actual quotation from the Koran is something along the lines of 'Women must dress modestly', am I right?

I know many Muslim women who don't cover their hair, I know many who do. It's all relative and it depends on how you interpret it. That does mean that for those Muslim women who belive covering their hair is anundisputable obligation of the religion it must be terrible.

Similarly, you get Sikhs who don't wear turbans, Catholics who have pre-marital sex, and Jews who shave their heads and wear wigs.

I do agree with you, it was stupid for the French to ban religious items. I understand they did it to encourage secularism and reduce discrimination, but I think it will increase intolerance if anything. Children will grow up thinking it's abnormal to be religious or wear religious items. It's also plain stupid not to let people wear whatever they want.

ok i only read the first page (wasn't gonna go through the whole lot), so this might have been asked before but why exactly is it against their religon to draw pics of Muhammed? I thought they worshiped the guy, don't you think they would then want to have pics for there houses and stuff, like how christians might have pics of jesus in some form.

me i just don't get why they take it so seriously, imagine is christians acted like this when things like "The Da Vinci Code" first came out, or nurmerous TV shows (South Park, Simpsons for example...only ones i can think of but i sure there more) that take the piss out of Jesus and God?

ok i only read the first page (wasn't gonna go through the whole lot), so this might have been asked before but why exactly is it against their religon to draw pics of Muhammed? I thought they worshiped the guy, don't you think they would then want to have pics for there houses and stuff, like how christians might have pics of jesus in some form.

me i just don't get why they take it so seriously, imagine is christians acted like this when things like "The Da Vinci Code" first came out, or nurmerous TV shows (South Park, Simpsons for example...only ones i can think of but i sure there more) that take the piss out of Jesus and God?

Well, there is an interpretation in Islam that says people shouldn't paint/sculpt living things as it's trying to immitate God. That's why, if you ever look at Islamic art, it doesn't normally have living things in it. It's mainly patterns and writing (usually big tile mosaics and the like). I belive there's a similar interpretation of this in Christianity somewhere that isn't really followed by anyone.

Also, the cartoons were insulting towards the prophet, just drawing him was a breach of Islamic law, but them being insulting is even worse, of course.

so your saying that drawing anyone or living creature of any kind is against their religion

Thats just not right, if everyone did that we wouldn't have any artwork or statues, we wouldn't have museums prolly, hell we prolly wouldn't even have tv shows or movies, or at least animated ones anyway. or even video games. That would be a very boring world indeed

so your saying that drawing anyone or living creature of any kind is against their religion

Thats just not right, if everyone did that we wouldn't have any artwork or statues, we wouldn't have museums prolly, hell we prolly wouldn't even have tv shows or movies, or at least animated ones anyway. or even video games. That would be a very boring world indeed

It's not exactly against their religion. Some belive it is, some belive it isn't. There are LOADS of comic books, cartoons etc in the Middle East. However, in Afganistan the Taliban went around destroying any books with images in them. In Iran in the revolution, many museums were raded and their artworks were destroyed.

Also, there would be museums, they just wouldn't have any paintings of living things in them. The Islamic section of the Louvre in France was about 90% paintings/images of patterns and tiles when I went.

As an Art fan, I'm pleased I wasn't born a Muslim with this perticular belief. haha ;)

Also, if they want to do it then it's really none of our business. Personally I belive that all religious practice is a waste of time, but I don't have a problem with other people doing it.

Well, there is an interpretation in Islam that says people shouldn't paint/sculpt living things as it's trying to immitate God. That's why, if you ever look at Islamic art, it doesn't normally have living things in it. It's mainly patterns and writing (usually big tile mosaics and the like). I belive there's a similar interpretation of this in Christianity somewhere that isn't really followed by anyone.

Also, the cartoons were insulting towards the prophet, just drawing him was a breach of Islamic law, but them being insulting is even worse, of course.

So shouldn't they get made every time they see a photo or cartoon or drawing anywere of any living thing? And also muhunned isn't even a god to muslims he was just a profit, right?

So shouldn't they get made every time they see a photo or cartoon or drawing anywere of any living thing? And also muhunned isn't even a god to muslims he was just a profit, right?

yes muhammed was the last prophet sent from God. i think non muslims find it hard to see just how important muhammed is to muslims.

we place him above all are friends and families.

i think it is sad that christians generally don't have a problem with seeing jesus made fun of. it just shows how christianity has let itself become diluted.

yes muhammed was the last prophet sent from God. i think non muslims find it hard to see just how important muhammed is to muslims.

i think it is sad that christians generally don't have a problem with seeing jesus made fun of. it just shows how christianity has let itself become diluted.

Not diluted just forgiving and open minded.

Sorry, but religion and open minded don't go together.

In my opinion, they can go together. It just depends on how strictly you base your life around that specific religion. I was saying earlier how me and my girlfriend would compare similar things about our religions, and then talk about things not so similar. You can be both religious and open minded. :)

Sorry, but religion and open minded don't go together.

Thats true to the extent that any major belief system including atheism denotes the rejection of all other belief systems. However the manner in which you respect other beliefs and approach and choose your own can involve open mindedness. So unless your protesting from a postmodern agnostics point of view, you just sound like a nasty Stalinist.

As for the cartoons probably not the best thing to publish, but Europe's character has dissapated for a long time. However the reaction was unacceptable. Muslims could have gained a lot of sympthay by acting calmly and calling for debate but they showed the effects of still having a medieval mentalitly.

Not be made angry, just belive that it's the wrong thing to do. In the same way that they don't get angry with people for not following anything else in the Koran. (From not drinking to not praying to not following Mahummed)

Yes i agree it is sad how so called Christians can allow Jesus to be mocked and not be bothered, I myself find it offensive when Jesus is made fun of, we (in western) countrys have allowed God to be mocked for the benifits of so called freedom of speech.

Also has the newspaper apologised yet? -I would have though they would have been forced to for political reasons.

Im pretty sure Jesus can fend for himself, he has the strength of 6 leprechauns. He doesnt need Christians rioting and burning buildings. I have a new found respect for once-a-week Christians. Even though theyre hypocrites, at least they know how to get on with their lives.

People doing good things and bad things, being open minded, liberal, closed minded, conservative or extreme has in my view got no excusivity as to with wether or not they are religious. There are many devout Christians, Muslims, Seiks, ect. who are little short of tree hugging free-loving hippies, and many atheists who are just violent dickwads. The opposite of both is also true. All people are individuals, and remain so regardless of if they are part of a religious community. Believe it or not.

As for the newspaper that started all this, they did apologise, but not until it was far, far too late.