NEurope
Charlie

SSBM - Who do you go?

Jigglypuff, pikachu or Donkey Kong.......Ness also, but thats only to stand in the middle of the screen and constantly go 'Okaaay' to irritate people.

It was Pikachu for me on the N64, but for the GC;

either Pikachu, Mario, Samus or Link, it depends who i'm fighting!!

it depends who i'm fighting!!

Well when you were fighting me the last time it didn't really matter, I whooped your ass no matter who you were!

Ganondorf can just about destroy any of the other characters in the game. His charged kicks can send all comers flying.

I like you. Ganondorf is my favourite too, by a country mile. He may not be as fast as some of the other characters, but he's got tremendous power and strength. My favourite attack would have to be his kick (down and B) closely followed by his super dooper punch :heh:

His smash attack is pretty good too, and has buggerloads of power.

My second favourite character would probably be Bowser. Mainly for the power again. My brother used to go as Bowser when we played this game together, so i've experience playing as bowser and against bowser.

Third favourite would be Captain Falcon. Mainly because i love him in the F ZERO games, but also because he's a watered down version of ganondorf. His speed is brilliant.

Favourite stage: Kirby's fountain of dreams. :)

Well when you were fighting me the last time it didn't really matter, I whooped your ass no matter who you were!

LOL, :grin:

Ok, that last match was EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY close, and i now consider Pikachu to be at a disadvantage against Young Link, so i reckon i fought really well (well i would wouldn't I!!)

Samus is too slow against Young Link and Marios moves too short range (though great if you can get them in and keep them going);

Hmmmm, me thinks a rethink and then some training are in order; then.......

REMATCH!!

I would say Captain Falcon - he's powerful, pretty quick and his "show me your moves!" taunt pisses off all.

When I unlock more characters (just re-bought the game a week ago) it would probably be Ganon but I'm not sure if he's as good as I remember.

Luigi is the man to use and you all know it :grin:

How can you resist that moustache?!?!?!?!?!

LOL

Marth, because of the sole reason I rock with him.

I used Jigglypuff to kill Giga bowser and stuff though, that was awesome.

I always use Gannon! He's a bit slow qand requires some skill to keep him on the platforms on the moving level, but he sure packs one hell of a punch. He's basically Captain Falcon on steroids...

I use either Young Link or Fox. I'm a speed character player. If i'm in danger just run off and do a crazy backflip. Then run straight back at them... fun :)

Despite clearly being inferior to Roy I went Marth.

And Captain Falcon does say "Show your boots" when you taunt, doesn't he.......?

"Show me your moves" isn't it.....or something like that. I never hear it clearly through all the "Pikachu being burnt alive" shrieks.

I'm a Falcon sort of person as well. I'm surprised there aren't more of us.

I'm at a level now though that I can use any character fairly competently, since my core fighting style transcends characters.

I've gone off SSBM, after 300+ hrs of play, playing with similarly skilled friends just isn't satisfying anymore. Sure, for comedic value it's great. But once the background features give way to serious fighting, it is decidedly unfulfilling.

Fighting against my friend (who uses Fox), our 10 life Stock battles involved tense encounters with both of us rolling around on the ground like one legged chimps. We would regularly go over a minute before inflicting minor damage.

I ask you, now that the furore surrounding SSBM has worn off, does anyone believe it really is all *that*?

While it is great for multiplayer romps, is it as CUBE say; is it ultimately shallow? I say yes. Now that I've devoted so much time into it, I really have very little room for continued improvement. It seems to lack a certain longevity.

Forgive this essay, I felt the need the write a substantial response.

And Captain Falcon does say "Show your boots" when you taunt, doesn't he.......?

LOL,

"Show your moves"!!

As for taunts;

I like Links casual flick of the hair,

For annoying taunts; Ganondorfs mocking "ha ha ha haa"

I've gone off SSBM, after 300+ hrs of play,

does anyone believe it really is all *that*?

is it ultimately shallow? I say yes.

Are you kidding?

It gave you 300+ hours of gameplay, can't have been that shallow!!! I'll bet you haven't mananged anything close to that with other games!

I believe the game to be more than "all that";

For the ammount of single and multiplayer enjoyment i've got from the game I hold it in extremely high regard! and easisly as one of the best games and one of the best games this generation!

Believe me, give it a month or so and you'll go back to it!

Are you kidding?

It gave you 300+ hours of gameplay, can't have been that shallow!!! I'll bet you haven't mananged anything close to that with other games!

Not kidding at all. I've racked up 110hrs in Soul Calibur 2 which I got a lot later than SSBM. Then there's my 230 hrs in Pokemon Silver. My Perfect Dark time is also substantial.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the Power Time. I'm not the only one who plays it. And it's air time was boosted a lot with it being one of my two games for several months.

I'm not denying it's capability to provide players with enjoyment. Heck, the game persuaded two of my friends to get a GCN. (Not easy in Australia.)

I'm saying that in the long term, the game reveals itself to be inherently shallow with the same players/scenario.

Hopefully, with the online Rev. version I'll be able to prolong the game's lastability by playing with some of you guys/gals and showing you my fabled Discipline of the One-Legged Chimp.

Will the online game prove as amusing though, without four people nearby yelling at each other. Who knows.

Any other long time players with confirm that in the long term the game lacks the depth of something like Soul Calibur 2.

I'm not going to write much more. I'm just trying to say that my seeming hypocrisy has a reason behind it. My initial thrill with the game only lasted so long before I realised it's various weaknesses.

people that use Link have yet to see the true power of ganon. :) just so fun knocking your oponent out of the area when their on 80 damage with ganon. im more off slow powerful character then one that flies jump all day.

love his taut lol

I like you. Ganondorf is my favourite too, by a country mile. He may not be as fast as some of the other characters, but he's got tremendous power and strength. My favourite attack would have to be his kick (down and B) closely followed by his super dooper punch :heh:

His smash attack is pretty good too, and has buggerloads of power.

Hehe; that's the kick I'm on about. Such an awesome character, be it in the Zelda series or SSBM. I'd like to see his pig form make an appearance in the next SSB as that would bring with it his trident of doom!!

Hmmmm, me thinks a rethink and then some training are in order; then.......

REMATCH!!

Okay, you practice all you like, I'll sit around and do not much, maybe play some Skies, then still kick your ass!

*begins to regret saying this as the floor will probably now be wiped with Young Links testicles :eer: *

Adult Link is awesome and his attacks send people flying :yes:. When I use fox, I play better though, because it takes slightly longer for Link to react to what I press.