NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

The toys you loved as children

Action man... I was horrible with them. I think how a child plays with action men and the violence he expresses with them tells you how screwed up his mind is...

But more pleasant ones include Lego and Mighty Max.

Street sharks.

Is that the program where the sharks could walk around and they were really muscly and shit. and there was a hammerhead.

Is that the program where the sharks could walk around and they were really muscly and shit. and there was a hammerhead.

yeah - and they had motor bikes. and swam under the pavement with their fins sticking out of the ground.

I believe I had that one. Was it a big spider and you open it up and the legs were from a smaller spider with space for Mighty Max's feet. and there was a fly man creature thing inside. Also i loved Johnny (Jonny?) Quest. Good times.
This one?

mm_spider_1_crop.jpg

That was one of my favourites.

Lego - me and my bro used to build small cars and then smash them into each other. the one with the most pieces intact won. I also used to build massive towers, and sometimes a windmill. I had this great wee stuffed purple doll which I became hugely attached to. I also loved Scalextric and Power Rangers dolls. Man I LOVED the Power Rangers. I liked the blue one, partially because he never truly got the oppertunity to whomp ass, unlike that stupid red idiot. Who made him leader? Go Stegasauras!

This one?

mm_spider_1_crop.jpg

My God! I had that! Mighty Max doesn't even ring a bell.

I deem it impossible for a child to live without lego. :P

Also, sticklebrix (sp?) were pretty damn funky as well, but paled into comparison with lego.

Another one for me is Ghostbusters! I had the HQ, ECTO-1, and various ghostbusters and ghouls. :)

Lego: me and some friends build entire economical empires revolving around trade (mostly diamonds and power crystals), transport, services and resources, no joke. We each had our own HQ and ship. We were all competitors untill one day we combined our funds and pieces to make one huge megaship and to have a massive capital to rule the market. It soon collapsed.

More lego: at home i had everything ranging from aquastations to knights and dragons to spaceshuttles etc. Then i made all their worlds collide to create the battle of the universe and time. I actually had my room full of entire armies and ships and whatnot. Millions died.

Power Rangers. And i thought i was the only megafan :) . Had some action figures of them and lotsa bots like the red dragon, white tiger and the ninjazord or something. I was insane for the Power Rangers, i would've died for them. Once some guy told me they had no tv and power rangers in heaven. I then made a promise to myself to never die.

Dinosaurs. Yup. I was a sucker for dinosaur figurines.

Cars: little ones, models, the whole thing.

Batman: i had some kind of a batman with special armor and a hot wich/chick with a claw and a gun. I also had the joker whoh would always set up cunning traps for batman. Batman never won...

Action Man: i liked the possession of them more than to actually play with them

Boxes, ordinairy boxes

Mighty Max: had a dozen of them 'heads'. Nice

Ninja swords and futuristic guns

My mind

Ah, hell yeah, Mighty Max was one of my favorites as kid as well. Loved the a snake one and had the huge fold out skull mountain.

Also had a bit of a obsession with Mini Boglins and Pogz for a while, until some bastard went and nicked my collection, I still have nightmares about it to this day.

Also had a bit of a obsession with Mini Boglins and Pogz for a while
Boglins, good lord. I used to love those things.

I used to have a glow in the dark one, which my brother ripped out of the box and freaked me out in the night with.

I also seem to remember having a crab-like one with a claw on one hand.

Edit - I love the internet.

flobster.jpg

I remember Street Sharkz well, I was actually looking on Wikipedia about it about two weeks ago. I had the Great Slammu toy. I can fondly the "SEISMIC SLAM!" from the cartoon. Legendary.

Oh and action man, i had loads of them, and loads of vehivles, the original stuff kicks the new stuff's ass.

This one?

mm_spider_1_crop.jpg

Yeah that's the one. I used to spend hours making max and the fly dude fight.

I used to pretend that he was the guardian of Skull Mountain:

mm_mnt_3_crop.jpg

That picture doesn't have the orange cannonball which acts as one of the mountain's "eyes". Lame.

I had that! That was one kewl toy... dont remember any of the other stuff you posted though..

It's really amazing to see them Mighty Max toys, I had all four of them.

Ah... I'm so going into the atic to dig out my old Mighty Max...

I use to play wih lego all the time,I use to make hideouts and mini fortresses.Some more stuff I played was Power Ranger,I use to get all the machine thingys(zords or something) to make it into the huge mega one just about had every toy that was about power rangers,I remember one time my mum order me the red dragon one and I played it for hours cause it could transform.

All of the above Toys much MUCH <3 for them especially Mighty Max, Used to have all my Wrestling, Thundercats, heman and other ones fight him to the death >>

But ust read all through this...no ones Mentioned Monster in my Pocket..For Shame ;_; I used to have crap loads od MIMP

mimp31.jpgmimp47.jpg

Cartoon for it was Pretty cool as well.

As was Visionaries and Centurions

http://www.loqtech.com/figs/visionaries.jpg

http://www.kryptonsite.com/powerxtreme.jpg

Jesus! How could I forget them! I had hundreds of them!

Much to the annoyance of my Mother I set them up everywhere in the house and had little wars with them.

All of the above Toys much MUCH <3 for them especially Mighty Max, Used to have all my Wrestling, Thundercats, heman and other ones fight him to the death >>

But ust read all through this...no ones Mentioned Monster in my Pocket..For Shame ;_; I used to have crap loads od MIMP

mimp31.jpgmimp47.jpg

I never had them. I dont think ive ever heard of them.

mimp31.jpgmimp47.jpg

eep! I remember those - My two favourite ones were the purple skeleton with the top hat - and the wierd yellow old man thing.

My brothers chewed them to small and minute pieces though...

Me and my brother were constantly having fights with monster in my pockets, we had a little wrestling ring for them too :P

km88.jpg

most of ours were monster wrestlers in my pocket like this one though. But we still had quite a few monsters.

Man, Monster in my Pocket. How could I forget those things.

I like this thread, it's like an electronic trip down memory lane.

I was ecstatic when i got my plastic mechano kit(not as good as metal but..), it was hard to make things that werent in the instructions book but it was fun to experiment with all the diferent kogs etc. i once made a really cool jeep thing but my sister mst have destroyed it.

Did anyone play flips with Muscle Men?

They were quite cool. Unless you stood on them.

Sign in to follow this