NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

The toys you loved as children

Transformers and Ninja Turtles mostly. Transformers really ruled. Power rangers and motormice from mars at some point too.

Like many during the late 80's early 90's the toys i loved were:

Star Wars toys

MASK (i loved the petrol station base thingy and the red car)

Transformers

Thundercats

Ghostbusters

Turtles

Basic matchstick cars (had loads of those)

Lego (i still love lego now!)

Thats about it really, was never really into He-man.

I never paid that much attention to toy crazes. I remember My Little Pony and Polly Pocket being huge in the 80's or early 90's tho, and the pogs fad when I was at high school. As I was leaving college, I think the whole "skateboard" thing was just on the horizon.

lego seems quite to be a runner. /me was also a big lego fan. i never liked action figures, they were not the fun lego was :P

I always wanted the latest action figure, the best scaelectrics track. i remember being mesmorized by hotweels and also the power ranger cars that form together to make a huge boss dude.

come to think of it my batmobile was a huge favourite. whats also funny is that i learnt to spell all the thomas the tank engine trains names before my own name! (matt if you didnt know)

Transformers, Turtles, Batman and some spaceship type collection called Manta Force - was brilliant playing that with my brother.

[edit] how could I forget thundercats? :D and ghostbusters too :P

ps - lego is great, as is mechano.

Street sharks.

and I had a really cool umbrella that I played with the whole time. :)

Firemen Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse. I used to sit in the bath and compose songs for them.

Also, a cheap little Tetris handheld, which I was good at. And an Amiga.

Like many during the late 80's early 90's the toys i loved were:

Star Wars toys

MASK (i loved the petrol station base thingy and the red car)

Transformers

Thundercats

Ghostbusters

Turtles

Basic matchstick cars (had loads of those)

Lego (i still love lego now!)

Thats about it really, was never really into He-man.

I was very similar except unlike most others here I didn't like Lego very much. Sticklebricks on the other hand were often lying around on my bedroom floor. Mainly I was into Star wars, Transformers, Thundercats, GoBots (Transformer rip-off) and Visionaries.

My favourites were:

power rangers and there magazords, i also had white rangers sword :)

Action man, i'll always remember the one with the skates because he could slide down ropes :) And the one with the parachute because he was indestructable! He survived being thrown out of many a second story window.

Toy story, buzz and woody action men (buzz was the best he had wings)

My favorites were Lego, more Lego, Lego Tecnics, car (matchbox and such) and Transformers.

I used to collect Trolls - that figures with colourful long hair. They're still sitting neatly in my room.

Same as most here - lego, turtles, transformers, scalextric, etc. Heavy into WWF wrestlers too, had the ring and everything.

I was really big into Mighty Max though, I had all of the big sets, most of the big "head" playsets and most of the little shrunken heads which I bought from Woolworths every weekend with my pocket money. I remember I was the envy of my friends because my parents bought me Magus from America, ages before it was released in the UK:

mm_magnus_1_crop.jpg

I used to pretend that he was the guardian of Skull Mountain:

mm_mnt_3_crop.jpg

That picture doesn't have the orange cannonball which acts as one of the mountain's "eyes". Lame.

I played Mighty Max aswell, I had a lot of the little heads and one big head which was a dragon :D

edit: as shown by eevilmurray below :)

I want to buy some Mighty Max stuff now...

I had dragon Island

mm_isld_1_crop.jpg

The Magnus and This

mm_skl_base_1_crop.jpg

As well as a few smaller shizzles.

I had mostly Mighty Max and Thundercat stuff. I had that cool tank the 'Cats rode round in and everything. It had arms that'd lift up and fire shit at people. It was ace.

The only use for Action Man that I had was:

actionman.jpg

Yo yos became cool when I was 10(ish). Does anyone remember Yohanz and his infamous bumble bee yo yo? I have a Pro Yo and an X-Brain. I could do loads of tricks, walk the dog, the scottish flag, the 'cradle', around the world. I'm going to make yo yos popular again.

Everybody my age seemed to have a Fisher Price garage with a handle you could turn to make the cars go up in a lift then *ting* it rolled around the ramp and to the bottom again.

Had loads of he-man stuff, snake mountain, eternia with a monorail that went round it, Hordak's lair (yeah, he was from She-Ra but he was a much better baddy than camp skeletor)

Everybody my age seemed to have a Fisher Price garage with a handle you could turn to make the cars go up in a lift then *ting* it rolled around the ramp and to the bottom again.

I had that :D lol. Toys are great :D

Lego, the best toy i ever had and i still have 3 box loadsin the attic.

Same here, all mines if jumlbed up in a huge storage box, not sure what i will do with it, it's been shut away for years now.

Mighty Max and Power Rangers were defiantly some of my favourite toys when i was a kid, and my good old tractor i used to ride on...

Damn those where the days...

I had a spider version.

I believe I had that one. Was it a big spider and you open it up and the legs were from a smaller spider with space for Mighty Max's feet. and there was a fly man creature thing inside. Also i loved Johnny (Jonny?) Quest. Good times.

Sign in to follow this