Londragon

N-E Café Podcast

Some great ideas for revivals of older games.  It brought back memories of playing 2-player Super Kick Off and being thrashed at Sensibie Soccer too (great game but I was no competition for my friends!).

I agree that seeing Sensible Soccer or Cannon Fodder revived would be great.  Good shout about Command & Conquer @Vileplume2000 I only really played Red Alert but it was excellent!

There were some good (& surprisingly difficult) Disney games back in the 8 / 16-bit era. I haven’t bought the recent Aladdin / Lion King ones, but remember playing them, and enjoyed the ‘Did You Know Gaming’ episode where they explained just why level 2 (the frustrating monkey puzzle) was so tough.

Spoiler

Of course Jonnas is right. I actually had the Master System version as a child, but the film’s soundtrack is so good that even the video game tunes are catchy & instantly recognisable! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 17/03/2021 at 8:00 AM, Vileplume2000 said:

Another genre that I loved when I was younger but haven't played in a while as I feel that there have been no good releases in it is the point & click. Although you could argue that maybe the walking simulator is kind of filling in this gap.

Almost forgot to respond to this, but... Have you checked the games that Daedalic tends to publish? Seems like that company is fully determined to bring the Point&Click genre back into relevancy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

N-E Café [069] Nothing For Free is now live at all good podcast providers.

It's a bitter sweet episode this week.  Great, fun Nintendo discussion with a nice quiz about the Top 50 Grossing Video Game Franchises, but as we state at the end of the podcast, we are taking a break.  This most certainly isn't the end of the N-E Cafe Podcast, but we'll be shying away from the airwaves for about 2 months. It's an incredibly hard thing to do when you enjoy spending your time talking about Nintendo with 2 blinding co-hosts.  Extra time commitments outside of the internet sphere have made us hard pressed to produce anything of late, so it's best if we settle the real world details before heading back online.

Enjoy our latest podcast, and until the next one, where we'll keep you informed of our imminent return right here.  Thanks for listening and supporting us.  Any new listeners can catch up with all 69 episodes at the N-Europe YouTube Channel, and at Old Nintendo Gamer & Son YouTube Channel where we split the podcasts up into topics of discussion.

Thanks again.

Recorded on the 21st of March, 2021.  

Episode 69 of the N-E Café has regular hosts Lee Davies, Gregory Moffett and Nick Lone discussing the most noteworthy Nintendo News of the week, their Recent Games, and Lee quizzes the boys on their knowledge of the top 50 grossing video game franchises ever. Join us for the fun!

This is episode 69 of the N-E Café Podcast, an N-Europe Podcast. Enjoy!

⦁ Intro Music: Super Mario Bros.3: Athletic Theme

⦁ Introductions: 0:00:26

⦁ Nintendo News: 0:02:47

⦁ Download Delights: 00:27:40

⦁ Turok 2 & Pro Evo: 00:35:58

⦁ Bowser’s Fury: 00:40:08

⦁ Borderlands 2 Final Thoughts & Apex Legends: 00:51:08

⦁ Top 50 Highest Grossing Gaming Franchises Quiz: 00:56:48

⦁ Closing: 01:20:39

⦁ Podcast Extras: 01:22:24

Can you guess what game the Transition Tunes come from?  If they ring a bell, get in touch with us, or if you have a Listener's Question you’d like us to discuss, contact us right here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Londragon said:

N-E Café [069] Nothing For Free is now live at all good podcast providers.

It's a bitter sweet episode this week.  Great, fun Nintendo discussion with a nice quiz about the Top 50 Grossing Video Game Franchises, but as we state at the end of the podcast, we are taking a break.  This most certainly isn't the end of the N-E Cafe Podcast, but we'll be shying away from the airwaves for about 2 months. It's an incredibly hard thing to do when you enjoy spending your time talking about Nintendo with 2 blinding co-hosts.  Extra time commitments outside of the internet sphere have made us hard pressed to produce anything of late, so it's best if we settle the real world details before heading back online.

Enjoy our latest podcast, and until the next one, where we'll keep you informed of our imminent return right here.  Thanks for listening and supporting us.  Any new listeners can catch up with all 69 episodes at the N-Europe YouTube Channel, and at Old Nintendo Gamer & Son YouTube Channel where we split the podcasts up into topics of discussion.

Thanks again.

Recorded on the 21st of March, 2021.  

Episode 69 of the N-E Café has regular hosts Lee Davies, Gregory Moffett and Nick Lone discussing the most noteworthy Nintendo News of the week, their Recent Games, and Lee quizzes the boys on their knowledge of the top 50 grossing video game franchises ever. Join us for the fun!

This is episode 69 of the N-E Café Podcast, an N-Europe Podcast. Enjoy!

⦁ Intro Music: Super Mario Bros.3: Athletic Theme

⦁ Introductions: 0:00:26

⦁ Nintendo News: 0:02:47

⦁ Download Delights: 00:27:40

⦁ Turok 2 & Pro Evo: 00:35:58

⦁ Bowser’s Fury: 00:40:08

⦁ Borderlands 2 Final Thoughts & Apex Legends: 00:51:08

⦁ Top 50 Highest Grossing Gaming Franchises Quiz: 00:56:48

⦁ Closing: 01:20:39

⦁ Podcast Extras: 01:22:24

Can you guess what game the Transition Tunes come from?  If they ring a bell, get in touch with us, or if you have a Listener's Question you’d like us to discuss, contact us right here.

Extra kudos for anyone who can decipher the music tracks behind the big topic this week!

I'm afraid I don't have much to add this week (other than that Aladdin on Mega Drive was actually pretty dang cool). I really liked hearing the main topic's quiz, and all of the surprises it revealed (how the heck was PUBG more profitable than Fortnite? Baffling).

Regarding the pause, I hope you enjoy the break. We all need some rest from time to time, and hopefully it'll do you all some good. See you soon :smile:

And just for the heck of it...

Spoiler

Turok 2

Haven't played those games, but this is the soundtrack I expect that series to have

7 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Extra kudos for anyone who can decipher the music tracks behind the big topic this week!

I don't think I can! I think I recognized Onett in there... and maybe the Wii Fit results screen? But it's quite hard to recognize the specific tunes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

content-4-36468-necafe69banner.jpg

N-E Café Episode 69 now available!

Now up on the main page. :D

- - - - -

Another excellent episode. and again, it has seemed to be a slow news week, so there's a lot of news in there, which is great to hear. There's always a decent amount of news each week, even if it's more general stuff, such as new editions of joy-con controllers, but when all of the Nintendo sales figures etc come in, it's all broken down in a way which makes it easy to understand, and interesting as well, in a way which is challenging to convey in a written article.

I haven't got much to say about the games played this week, except for Turok 2 Seed of Evil, of course, as that's another fantastic title, and one where you can really start to see where the developers were going, in terms of design similarities between Turok and Metroid Prime. Also, the banner this week is like last week's except with the 'target' logo from the second game, as it was challenging to find any other decent Turok .png images which scale well.

The quiz had a few surpising aswers in there, it's interesting to find out which of the franchises are still popular in terms of sales, as it's not always the series which you might naturally assume, though there were a few familiar franchises in there, and when I heard them I was already thinking them in my head, indeed, there was a nice synchronicity between Nick and Greg on one of those answers. :D

It's going to be odd not promoting the podcast for a while, but it is good to hear that you're all taking a break from it, this is a good time to refocus generally I think, because as grateful as we are for the podcast, it surely takes a lot of time and energy to put together every week, sometimes it's best to take a break, as I know we all have commitments in life, plus the most important commitments, are the ones you make to yourself and those around you, family, friends etc... also, it's good to take some time doing other things which you enjoy in life, be it learning new things, or just taking some time to reflect. :smile:

Thanks once again to @Londragon @Nicktendo and @nekunando for the podcast, and thanks to @Vileplume2000 for uploading each episode to YouTube. :peace:

In the meantime, I'll see what I can do on the news front, as I have been finding a few articles each week, and I expect there may well be some sales stuff for Nintendo, being that it's coming up to the end of March, but I'll see what I can do to put that info across in article form, though I think generally, aside from maybe a Nintendo Direct or a Smash character reveal, I don't think we'll see too much Nintendo news in the next month or two... probably, and even if we do, that'll just be more for you all to talk about for Episode 70. :)

Oh and one last thing...

Spoiler

It is of course... Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes ;)

• Like 4

Another good episode, and a cool Topic of the Week! Enjoy your well-deserved rest, and thanks for all the time and work that went into the podcast. :bowdown:

And episode 69 is finally on YouTube as well, I completely forgot to upload it over the weekend (blame MH Rise). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy your break everyone. I can imagine the effort involved by yourselves, along with all the editing, uploading, etc. and it’s appreciated by everyone that listens I’ve no doubt.

• Thanks 2