NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

30 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.  Bluepoint have been developing it ever since they released Shadow of the Colossus PS4 in February 2018.  They've had plenty of time to work on this and even though they haven't had a lot of time to port it from PS4 to PS5; they're pretty efficient at what they do (plus at the end of the day, it's a remaster and not a new game).  It should make the launch day date.

I doubt that they'd let a mildly upgraded Bloodborne port stop them from releasing DS Remastered on launch day (Bloodborne itself will be used as an example of how the PS5 can be used to upgrade existing PS4 games for free anyway).

My understanding of the Bloodborne rumour is that it's more than just the free upgrade that most games get. It's basically an updated edition that's had gameplay and structural changes. Assuming it's true, I guess they could just release it next year.

Either way...I'm stoked. As I've said before I'm there day one either way. My expectations are Demon Souls, Ratchet and Clank and Gran Turismo, but I'm hoping we get a proper look at the 2021 line up and some exclusive Japanese support. Resident Evil 8 would be most welcome. 

21 minutes ago, Cookyman said:

Can you hear it?

It's coming....

The rumble of the Hype Train!

flat_550x550_075_f.u6_300x300.jpg?fit=300%2C213

Well that confirms that they've already seen the video in advance...

I bet DF already have a hardware breakdown video ready to go :p 

Don't forget Tom is a filthy liar. It's why I hired him to write news.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I bet DF already have a hardware breakdown video ready to go

They've probably had it for a week.  

The PS5 is stealth launching tonight with a special edition Pokemon Sword/Shield port.

• Haha 1

Shame you won't be able to hear the presentation with the PS4 getting ready to take off ::shrug::p

• Haha 3

Hmm tempted to do that instead of watching on my laptop. Dat HD goodness.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Shame you won't be able to hear the presentation with the PS4 getting ready to take off ::shrug::p

Ah maybe that's why they suggested you listen to it with headphones on.  

nEgmYCW.gif

Edited by Cookyman

Just realised it is probably about time to hear from Fumito Ueda and genDesign and my expectations for this have gone through the roof. I know their next game is going to be multi platform but it would make sense for it to be revealed in a Sony show.

I know we're all excited, and in the heat of the moment we can all type things that we didn't really mean, but can we all just be careful what we're writing in this thread please.

There's no need to say 'price point'. The 'point' is superfluous; you can just say 'price'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

The PS5 is stealth launching tonight with a special edition Pokemon Sword/Shield port.

Or the 3rd entry in the series; Pokémon Sheath. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, bob said:

I know we're all excited, and in the heat of the moment we can all type things that we didn't really mean, but can we all just be careful what we're writing in this thread please.

There's no need to say 'price point'. The 'point' is superfluous; you can just say 'price'.

The price point will be higher because of the new backcompat features. 

Right, off to watch the pre-show for Bosman's PS5 take and then the main event itself. That hour long Knack 3 presentation. 

See you all in a couple of hours! :bouncy:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Julius said:

Right, off to watch the pre-show for Bosman's PS5 take

Bosman's do's and don'ts were hilarious.   

All set up for watching, headphones ready as they've suggested wearing them for some of the audio stuff they're doing. Listening to this music they've picked for the stay tuned screen and it sounds like a cross between Solar Fields and Mac Quayle's work from Mr. Robot.

All aboard the hype train though!

• Like 1

Just now, Ganepark32 said:

All set up for watching, headphones ready as they've suggested wearing them for some of the audio stuff they're doing. Listening to this music they've picked for the stay tuned screen and it sounds like a cross between Solar Fields and Mac Quayle's work from Mr. Robot.

All aboard the hype train though!

Quite enjoying the music.

HERE WE GO!

IT'S A BOX!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Oooohhhkkaaayyy.... PS4 footage for some reason? Playing up BC?

Edit2: Ahh, GTA5 port.

Edited by Dcubed

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

IT'S A BOX!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Oooohhhkkaaayyy.... PS4 footage for some reason? Playing up BC?

Weirder is then a video for GTAV on PS4. I get maybe a highlight reel of the console but what's this about?

Oh it's coming to PS5 but no footage of that. 

Really? Leading off with GTA 5? I get it's the biggest selling modern game but do they really need to start with that out the gate. Weird choice.

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Weirder is then a video for GTAV on PS4. I get maybe a highlight reel of the console but what's this about?

Oh it's coming to PS5 but no footage of that. 

Not even coming out at launch? Doesn't bode well if they can't get a basic PS4 to PS5 port out by launch...

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Not even coming out at launch? Doesn't bode well if they can't get a basic PS4 to PS5 port out by launch...

PS5 doomed.

That's more like it. Spiderman 2 and playing as Miles. And this year? Knew they were pushing it for launch but really didnt expect it to be coming this holiday season.