N-Europe

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Dcubed

6 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Hour or so wait in a queue, but i also managed to get myself a 30th Anniversary DualSense.

Have noticed the usual scalpers trying their luck on eBay with some quite extraordinary pricing strategies.  Boy, i hate scalpers.

Just reading now how PS1 style Pros are selling for £4000. It's insane. 

I don't understand the logic behind limiting the release of these. There are many gamers who are willing to give Sony their money but can't because they've made it super limited. I suppose it's the same as any limited edition item but in the age of Bots and scalpers, the whole thing becomes a mess.

I pray that Nintendo have enough stock for the Switch 2. I really don't want to be jumping through online hoops just to get one.

On 9/26/2024 at 7:13 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Just reading now how PS1 style Pros are selling for £4000. It's insane. 

I don't understand the logic behind limiting the release of these. There are many gamers who are willing to give Sony their money but can't because they've made it super limited. I suppose it's the same as any limited edition item but in the age of Bots and scalpers, the whole thing becomes a mess.

I pray that Nintendo have enough stock for the Switch 2. I really don't want to be jumping through online hoops just to get one.

Same here.  Worst case scenario, i'll wait until they're readily available before purchasing.  I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that Nintendo are literally mass producing to prevent such an occurrence.

But going back to the topic, the logic Sony had with getting pre-orders live for the 30th Anniversary collection on the same day as pre-orders went live for the PS5 Pro is bizarre.  Could have alleviated traffic a bit by doing the Pro last week and the 30th Collection this week

So, what's tickling everyone's fancy to pick up for their PlayStation this October? 

For me, I think this might be the first month in a little while where I don't pick anything up at release.

Metaphor ReFantazio I'm saving for Christmas as my big time sink during my time off, whereas for Silent Hill 2 I'm waiting to see how the reviews turn out – and even then I'm weighing up whether I want to play the remake or the original. Maybe Neva? But then there are other indies I want to catch up on which are on sale, too :p

Yeah, between my planned Halloween games and potential going back to indies or making use of PS+, probably a quiet month for me on the pick-ups front! 

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Something similar should have been implemented over here. People with the most platinum trophies should have been first in the queue. :D

Platinums might be a little tough for some people (i know there's some easy as pie plats out there), but certainly number of hours played or a minimum length of time the PSN account has been active might have helped.

• 2 weeks later...