NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Sorry guys, I’m a bit under the weather at the moment so that’s going to do it for me.

Cheers for the games.

:bowdown:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (01/06/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

Stamina matches tonight from 7:30pm.

3 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Good for you for sticking to your guns and not organising stock matches any more. ;) 

Close, but no cookie. Stamina matches still run on a life system.

If only you waited 2 more weeks...

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Close, but no cookie. Stamina matches still run on a life system.

If only you waited 2 more weeks...

Thwarted once again. Have no idea how a stamina match works in Smash Bros.—I always just left it on five minute scraps. :geek: 

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (08/06/2024)

- - - - -

9 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Thwarted once again. Have no idea how a stamina match works in Smash Bros.—I always just left it on five minute scraps. :geek: 

It's pretty neat, previous games had Stamina Mode as a seperate thing where players were immediately out when they were reduced to 0 HP. Ultimate merges the option into the main Smash mode, and lets you choose the number of lifes everyone has, like a normal stock match.

You should give it a go, it makes for an interesting dynamic shift. Because the knockback of attacks remains mostly conisistent, no matter how much damage you take. For example, our usual voice chat group universally agree that Sheik is pretty mediocre normally, but if one of us get her as our random pick during Stamina night, she actually tends to do pretty well, due to her "Death of a thousand cuts" style of gameplay.

• Thanks 2

That was a great night. Most close matches so far I think. 
Anyway I urge anyone who want to die of laughter to go was the stream and skip to the match that starts at the 50 minute mark (it’s like 49:50) them just enjoy the hilarity at the 51:10 mark. I think we all died of laughter on chat right there. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Anyway I urge anyone who want to die of laughter to go was the stream and skip to the match that starts at the 50 minute mark (it’s like 49:50) them just enjoy the hilarity at the 51:10 mark. I think we all died of laughter on chat right there. 

At around 51:17 to be precise. :p

I was playing as Wii Fit Trainer, who clearly had crate expectations.

Also, let's not forget the 01:12:00 mark in the stream, where I lost an entire stock as Zelda, right at the end of the match because I warped at precisely the right/wrong? moment. :indeed:

Oh, also... also... at the 02:00:53 mark, it was all going pretty well, it was a close match with me playing as Terry, and well... let's just say it had an explosive finish.

You're welcome. ::shrug:

Join us next week for more Smash-tastic shenanigans. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

God bless whoever came up with that modification for the crate!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Right, bit of a different tact for this theme.

No OSHA Compliance

Unlike all the other themes, there are no character restrictions this time. This theme is more focused on the stages.

Last month, I stumbled upon this video.

This video looks at all the stages and the many, many OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) violations they commit.
If you remember some of the stupid threads I've made in the past, you'd know that this is the kind of stupid stuff I live for! So apart from the custom stage opener (Which I trust RedShell will choose appropiately), we're only playing on the 30 stages with the most OSHA violations. (The DLC wasn't out when this video was made, unfortunately)

GQFbfjRWkAAp_MY?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

75m

Castle Siege
Brinstar Depths

Brinstar

Kalos Pokémon League
Norfair

Pictochat 2
Flat Zone X
Mushroomy Kingdom
The Great Cave Offensive
Rainbow Cruise

Super Mario Maker
Fourside
Spear Pillar
Reset Bomb Forest

Midgar
Saffron City

Pokémon Stadium
Pokémon Stadium 2
Frigate Orpheon
Bridge of Eldin
Wrecking Crew

Coliseum
Duck Hunt
Pilotwings
Venom
Gerudo Valley
Arena Ferox
Unova Pokémon League
Luigi's Mansion

Items will also be the standard fare. (Everything except the S Flag, set to Low frequency)

Format: 3 Stock, 10 Minutes
FS Meter: On

See you at 7:30!

Also, if random happens to give you Mario in the Builder outfit, congrats! You automatically win every match tonight!

Edited by Glen-i

Nice vid, Shouldn't boxing Ring get a violation for the fact that the lighting rig isn't secure? Everytime we are there @S.C.G manages to send it falling down. :D

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Nice vid, Shouldn't boxing Ring get a violation for the fact that the lighting rig isn't secure? Everytime we are there @S.C.G manages to send it falling down. :D

Tell you what, you climb up on similar lighting, and start kicking it as hard as you can, see if it falls.

I think that falls more under employee misbehaviour, rather then construction failure.

• Haha 2

I think we can all agree that @Ike got coolest finish tonight with Richter on Pokémon Stadium.

Because, damn! That must have been satisfying!

• Thanks 2

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (15/06/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

Some really great games last night. Some close 1v1's a the end.

I got totally bullied at a few points, but then I think we all do at certain points. 

17 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I think we can all agree that @Ike got coolest finish tonight with Richter on Pokémon Stadium.

Because, damn! That must have been satisfying!

Just checked it out on Sam's stream, very cool indeed. :cool:

Guessing this was pretty satisfying too though: :heh:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2173025375?t=0h16m0s

:laughing:

Nice to finally have a situation on that stage where only one of the side platforms collapsed, even though it might have saved me from getting KO'd there had it not. :grin:

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Me, after getting Wolf, on voice chat: "Don't side B, don't side B, don't side B"

*Proceeds to immediately Side B to try and catch someone off-guard, only for them to jump, and watch me plummet off the edge because I miscalculated the distance*

Not my finest moment there...
EDIT: Here it is, for those who want a cheap laugh.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 3

@RedShell one of us had to forfeit that first match or it would never have ended. We’d still be there now. Great matches after that though. I think the first match with @S.C.G on custom I won through Falcon Drunk Driving. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (22/06/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Me, after getting Wolf, on voice chat: "Don't side B, don't side B, don't side B"

*Proceeds to immediately Side B to try and catch someone off-guard, only for them to jump, and watch me plummet off the edge because I miscalculated the distance*

Not my finest moment there...

Well at least it wasn’t me this time. Think it’s a requirement if you get Wolf.

Time makes it hard to guess who won sometimes.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Ike said:

Well at least it wasn’t me this time. Think it’s a requirement if you get Wolf.

Time makes it hard to guess who won sometimes.

Well, Little Mac doesn't have that problem in Ultimate, so someone has to do it.

It's kinda subtle, but if someone's winning in Time, they'll give a brief flash every now and again.

Edited by Glen-i