NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Leak was fake! Best Sun/Moon starter gets in! RIP Isaac and Shadow.

Fucking Piranha Plant though! I love everything about it. Bit cheeky making it a pre-order bonus. But with 74 characters, can't really complain.

Spirits Mode is an awesome evolution of custom equipment. Will happily sacrifice trophies for that.

World of Light looks totally dope! Bosses are back too! Yay!

Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome!

• Like 2

As much I enjoy the Treehouse segment, without fail, every single transition into them from a hype trailer brings the pace CRASHING back down to Earth :blank::laughing:

• Haha 1

That song was awesome.

World of Light looks awesome. 

I was laughing so hard at Piranha Plant. As @Glen-i said, it feels a bit weird with it being a pre-order bonus, but with everything that’s already in this game, I don’t think anyone (here, at least) will be complaining. 

Edited by Julius Caesar

2 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

So.. Piranha Plant is post-launch characeter - but is it one of the five confirmed DLC packs? 

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think so?

It doesn't sound like it was. But I can't be sure.

• Like 1

I got the impression Pirahna Plant wasn't one of the DLC packs, but it's not very clear. They said they would start working on the DLC after release, so it probably isn't.

3 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

That song was awesome.

World of Light looks awesome. 

:D 

Amazing visuals in that cutscene. I know Sakurai said it wasn't as story heavy as Subspace Emissary but I really hope there'll be a few more cutscenes throughout that mode.

Just a shame the world maps look ugly a f

Edited by Ronnie

English trailer

So.. the Event-like battles from Spirits are the stages of this World of Light adventure mode?

Edited by MindFreak

The site has updated with all sorts of new items, assist trophies and the like.

Gonna trawl through all of it and then update the Roster Competition thread tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

English trailer

So.. the Event-like battles from Spirits are the stages of this World of Light adventure mode?

Separate mode. I guess it's more accurate to say that they're two modes that are connected through the collectable spirits.

Spirits Mode is a quick way of playing matches to collect spirits. Kinda like Master Orders in WiiU.

Adventure Mode is the World of Light thing. You start with Kirby and progress through stages in order to rescue everyone else.

The main bad guy in that is called Galeem.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Kirby as the most powerful being in gaming, confirmed.

Well, Duhhhh. That's common knowledge.

@MindFreak I found this on the website.

Please note: the Piranha Plant fighter will be available as paid downloadable content around February 2019. Piranha Plant is not one of the fighters included in the Fighters Pass bundle.

YAY! 6 characters for DLC! Here's some deets on how to get it with a physical copy of Smash.

How to get the early purchase bonus

Claim the My Nintendo Gold Points for your purchase of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate by January 31st 2019 to receive this early purchase bonus.

If you claim your Gold Points, a download code for the Piranha Plant fighter will be sent to the email address associated with your Nintendo Account from mid-November.

After the send-out period begins, the download code will be sent within 72 hours after claiming the respective Gold Points. The download code will expire on June 30th 2019.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Kirby as the most powerful being in gaming, confirmed.

If you’d like an idea of just how insanely powerful Kirby is...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The way Snake hid from the beams cracked me up :laughing:. There's so much content in this game I have trouble processing it. I'm preordering it for sure. Need that Piranha Plant, it's gonna be so stupid playing as that one.

And holy hell, these cutscenes. I had shivers all through that final trailer! I really feel the need to rescue all those characters :hug:

I regret getting Mario Kart physically so going digital with Smash for sure. Also preordering it.

• Like 1

So, a few things I gleamed from the site.

Spoiler

- Using non-Smash amiibos gets you spirits depending on which one you use.

- Some extra Spirit features, such as the dojo and the ruins require unlocking by playing through Adventure Mode.

- The Movie option makes a return, it lets you rewatch in-game videos. Interpret that as you will.

- There's some unannounced items, including the Healing Sprout, which slowly heals whoever it's thrown at. Like the sticky bomb, it can be transferred to another player through contact.

- Another new item is the Beastball, a normal looking baseball that disappears when thrown, only to reappear near an opponent a moment later, covered in flames.

- The items page on the site has been updated with a bunch of items, Pokémon and Assist Trophies from previous games that were previously unconfirmed. (Including Dillon, dream crushed)

- Tapu Koko has been stealthily added to the site as a Poké Ball Pokémon.

- The main character from Eternal Darkness is one of the spirits, which is very surprising.

Spoiler

The main theme is called "Lifelight" You've probably heard it already. But here's the English version.

Japanese version as well.

Don't worry though, we've got a remix to listen to as well. As expected, it's "Battle! (Wild Pokémon)" from Pokémon Sun/Moon. It's arranged by Hiroyuki Kawada.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Gourmetsalt said:

The song!!111!!1!

My girlfriend asked if I was watching a Disney movie...

33 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I regret getting Mario Kart physically so going digital with Smash for sure. Also preordering it.

It's up for pre-order on the eShop but you have to search for it.

16 minutes ago, Glen-i said:
Spoiler

The Movie option makes a return, it lets you rewatch in-game videos. Interpret that as you will.

Spoiler

As someone who isn't a Smash expert, what did it do in previous games? Let you watch Subspace Emissary type cutscenes?

The quality of the cutscenes and character intros so far have been insanely good. Not far off animated film quality.

This may be the first full Nintendo title I get digitally. Loved the World of Light trailer/cutscene. Love Piranha Plant as a character. I really didn’t get into Smash 4 but I think having this digitally would mean I’d be more inclined to play, especially with you guys too. I’ll have to see if there’s any physical release bonus gifts.