NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Golf Story (Switch)

Any help?

I'm on Cheeky Peak, and I need to help 5 people being plagued by the birds. One of them requires you to get the ball in the hole in 1 shot (forgive my golf terms). I can not get anywhere close to the hole. Am I missing something, or is there some out-of-the-box solution required?

Edited by Sméagol

Well, this might be the most chill game I've played all year. And one of the best commute games on the Switch so far. I recommend this to everyone!

• Like 1

Started playing this today, really enjoying it. :smile: They’ve perfectly captured the vibe of old-school Mario Golf, and it plays fantastically well too.

This also has some truly superb HD rumble going on, really cool. :cool: Slightly overused (especially during dialogue) but a nice showcase of the feature all the same. 

Funny coincidence, I 100%'d it about thirty minutes ago.

Laugh out loud funny at times, great humour, nice music, fantastic gameplay. I also love how the animate the speech bubbles to suit the delivery.

Awesome game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

Started playing this today, really enjoying it. :smile: They’ve perfectly captured the vibe of old-school Mario Golf, and it plays fantastically well too.

This also has some truly superb HD rumble going on, really cool. :cool: Slightly overused (especially during dialogue) but a nice showcase of the feature all the same. 

I saw you jumping into it while I was playing FIFA :grin:

I'm glad to hear more positivity from you and @Ronnie as it's giving me even more encouragement to purchase the game when I get some time!

Had to put this on hold when Mario Odyssey released, but I went back to it today and finished the story:

e9jOut8.jpg

Not 100% complete mind you, still missing 3 items (as you can see in the pic above) but I get the feeling they're obtained by playing GALF. And seeing as every time I try to play that the game ends up crashing, I'm probably going to have to forget about collecting those. :blank:

Nice pic from the ending:

Spoiler

7w4FKjw.jpg

Funny pic from the ending:

Spoiler

gvxARSv.jpg

Game has some really great humour throughout. :laughing:

Yeah the missing three things are Galf manuals you get from the guy after you give him the cartridges

11 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yeah the missing three things are Galf manuals you get from the guy after you give him the cartridges

Do you actually have to play the mini-game though? I’ve tried several times but it always breaks the game. ::shrug: Did it never crash for you then?

Just now, RedShell said:

Do you actually have to play the mini-game though? I’ve tried several times but it always breaks the game. ::shrug: Did it never crash for you then?

It never crashed for me. I don't think you need to play the games but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure if you highlight the Galf bit on the quest screen, it describes them as the instruction manuals, which you get from the guy before playing.

• Thanks 1

No you don’t have to play it at all.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Cheers for the info, only took a minute to get the GALF manuals: :hehe:

DO5laeOUIAA_BiN.jpg

Still can't believe how broken GALF is though (unless it's done on purpose as a joke :heh:) after getting the manuals I tried it from the quick play menu out of curiosity, and although it worked a bit longer than it does in story mode, it still locked up after a while, requiring me to close the software.

Oh well, still very happy with Golf Story overall. :)

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this