NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

L.A. Noire (14th Nov 2017)

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I always thought it seemed like a pretty even split. Very much a marmite game.

Well, I like it, and in my experience, when there's a controversial game I like, chances are, it's not liked very much. (Metroid: Other M, Star Fox Zero, stuff like that)

So apparently the game is 29GB retail download. And if you have the game card you need an update of 14GB to play it.

Rockstar statement:

“If using the physical cartridge version of LA Noire, the game will require a 14GB digital download containing required gameplay data as well as general bug fixes and improvements. “This file can be downloaded to either the Nintendo Switch console’s internal storage or a microSD card.”

“The Nintendo eShop digital version of LA Noire, including all bug fixes and improvements, requires 29GB of available storage. Because this exceeds the available internal storage on the console, the eShop version of the game must be installed to a microSD card (sold separately) that is inserted prior beginning the download.”

I think they're doing the right thing aiming the marketing for the Switch version at the fact it's portable.

So in the space of a week it's doom, la noire, rocket league and Skyim? Mental!

Will pick this up when it's a bargain I think!

16 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

So in the space of a week it's doom, la noire, rocket league and Skyim? Mental!

Will pick this up when it's a bargain I think!

+ Rime, Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, Batman Telltale, VVVVVV, Rive and a few more indie games all coming within the next 7 days.

November is third party month for Nintendo, December is Xenoblade and Zelda Champions Ballad.

Edited by Ronnie

While I'm kinda sad that they've changed Truth, Doubt, Lie to Good Cop, Bad Cop, Accuse; it is definitely a big change for the better.  The dialogue choices may make sense now! (even if the responses aren't going to be as ridiculous and laugh out loud funny as in the original...).

I enjoyed this the first time around and I'm certainly up for another go around!

Edited by Dcubed

14 hours ago, Ronnie said:

+ Rime, Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, Batman Telltale, VVVVVV, Rive and a few more indie games all coming within the next 7 days.

November is third party month for Nintendo, December is Xenoblade and Zelda Champions Ballad.

Is batman telltale coming to Switch?! 

1 minute ago, Aneres11 said:

Is batman telltale coming to Switch?! 

Yup. 17th Nov. Just the first series so far, though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. 17th Nov. Just the first series so far, though.

Amazing. I played it already on PS4 but when it gets really cheap I’ll definitely go through it again and make all different decisions. :heh:

Might be a bastard to Alfred this time round, just coz. 

Edited by Aneres11
  • Like 1

Just now, Aneres11 said:

Amazing. I played it already on PS4 but when it gets really cheap I’ll definitely go through it again and make all different decisions. :heh:

Might be a bastard to Alfred this time round, just coz. 

I think you'll be waiting for a while.. The initial price is twice (!) as much as on PC. 

• Sad 1

I think I'll buy both this and Batman when they get cheaper. Never played any of them, and to have it portable is just perfect!

So ordering directly from Rockstar was a mistake.. But I'm getting the game today. In the meantime, this is hilarious:

Spoiler

A bit of dialogue from an interrogation but without the context. Also a showcase for their famous facial expressions.. Both faces at the end are priceless. It's going to be tempting to accuse every single person you talk to now..

• Haha 1

I picked this up for Switch the other day. I adored this game on release all those years ago. Getting all the achievements was also great fun. 

Sadly... I kinda wish I’d left this one in the past as my opinion now doesn’t quite reach the same heights... 

It’s a good game but it is showing its age a bit. Graphically it’s good still, but the draw distance thing whilst driving with all the buildings and trees just popping up as you drive by is jarring. I also find the controls and shooting sections to be pretty shoddy. I think these were complaints the original had, but like I say I absolutely loved the game when it first came out. 

I find myself playing it and getting bored. I wonder how it runs on an Xbox One X in comparison or a Pro.

i will persevere, but I don’t find myself wanting to as much as I’d have hoped. 

I picked this up for Switch the other day. I adored this game on release all those years ago. Getting all the achievements was also great fun. 
Sadly... I kinda wish I’d left this one in the past as my opinion now doesn’t quite reach the same heights... 
It’s a good game but it is showing its age a bit. Graphically it’s good still, but the draw distance thing whilst driving with all the buildings and trees just popping up as you drive by is jarring. I also find the controls and shooting sections to be pretty shoddy. I think these were complaints the original had, but like I say I absolutely loved the game when it first came out. 
I find myself playing it and getting bored. I wonder how it runs on an Xbox One X in comparison or a Pro.
i will persevere, but I don’t find myself wanting to as much as I’d have hoped. 

Are you playing in handheld mode or docked? Numerous sites were saying the game ran better in handheld with less frame drops than in docked where optimization favored an up-res that allowed more pop-in, etc.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, londragon said:

Are you playing in handheld mode or docked? Numerous sites were saying the game ran better in handheld with less frame drops than in docked where optimization favored an up-res that allowed more pop-in, etc.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I’ve only played 5 mins docked the rest has been handheld. 

Its still a good game don’t get me wrong, it’s just showing it’s age a bit now. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this