NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

L.A. Noire (14th Nov 2017)

9777b74c903fdcad28f05b165c65879548711642

Rockstar Games Announces 4 New Versions of L.A. Noire coming November 14, 2017

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 7, 2017-- Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO), is proud to announce new versions of the blockbuster detective thriller, L.A. Noire, are scheduled to release on November 14, 2017 for the Nintendo Switch™ system, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems and for Xbox One games and entertainment systems.

Alongside these three new console versions comes LA Noire: The VR Case Files, featuring seven select cases from the original game rebuilt specifically for a virtual reality experience on the HTC VIVE™ system.

L.A. Noire takes place in the seedy and violent underbelly of 1940’s Los Angeles as decorated veteran and newly minted detective, Cole Phelps investigates an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes. Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A. The game was an Official Selection of the Tribeca Film Festival for its cinematic approach to gameplay and narrative.

Utilizing a unique type of facial capture technology called MotionScan, L.A. Noire breathes unprecedented life into character performances, creating brand new gameplay out of the art of interrogation.

“We’re excited to bring L.A. Noire’s unique mix of real detective work, classic Hollywood atmosphere and thrilling action to these new platforms,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “Now with a choice of spectacular virtual reality, stunning 4K, or the freedom of portable play, these enhanced versions are a perfect opportunity for players to experience this richly detailed world in a whole new way."

L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files for HTC Vive delivers seven of the original engrossing, self-contained cases from LA Noire rebuilt specifically for virtual reality, blending breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience.

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch features the complete original game and all additional downloadable content, with specific enhancements including a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles, plus contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work.

L.A. Noire for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One delivers the complete original game and all additional downloadable content with a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, including enhanced lighting and clouds, new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more. L.A. Noire plays natively in 1080p for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, and stunning 4K for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X, capturing the grit and grime of the City of Angels like never before.

Wow! The rumours were true.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Woah! That's big! Rockstar providing Switch Support, wasn't the DS the last time that happened?

I quite liked L.A Noire, when it wasn't a shooter.

EDIT: I giggled a bit at the PS4/XBONE version's "enhanced clouds" What an odd thing to point out.

Edited by Glen-i

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

A Rockstar game on Nintendo, wow

How soon people forget.

ed0002574b30d92969b4a3093d14b08920c8a208

November huh? I've always wanted LA Noir for PC (boxed), but never got around to it. I think I'll get this one for support, with a good chance of getting it day 1.

Edit:  And then still get the PC version as well for keyboard & mouse controls en upgraded visuals ;).

Edited by Sméagol

I only played through the PS3 version last December so it might still be a bit too fresh in the memory to play through it again but I'm happy it's coming to Switch. I might not buy it right away but kind of feel like I need to buy it fairly early on to show support for Rockstar games on the platform.

I just posted this in other consoles didn't think it was out for Switch til I read it properly.

Oh. My. Days.

This is one of my favourite ever games it is absolutely sublime I every way. I can't wait to play it again. Yasssss. 

Wow! The rumour was actually true! I can't believe it!

... They're actually bothering with a remaster of LA Noire!

(Oh, and it coming to Switch is a nice surprise too I suppose...)

I actually quite liked this game though, despite it's many flaws.  Sure it's not very deep and it's pretty easy to figure out how the interrogation works, behind the scenes, and cheese it completely, but it nails the 1950s film noir atmos perfectly.

Wouldnt mind picking it up for cheap on Switch :)

As someone who doesn’t like Garnd Theft Auto games but loves mourner mystery, how does this fit in!

As someone who doesn’t like Garnd Theft Auto games but loves mourner mystery, how does this fit in!
Probably closer to a mourner mystery than Garnd Theft Auto, so you're golden.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Wow, those typos. Spectactular.

Seriously though, I hate GTA, but I very much enjoyed L.A. Noire. Like I mentioned above when I wasn't in the shoot-out sections (There's a few), I was having a good time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Wow, those typos. Spectactular.

Seriously though, I hate GTA, but I very much enjoyed L.A. Noire. Like I mentioned above when I wasn't in the shoot-out sections (There's a few), I was having a good time.

Kinda funny that they big up the addition of motion controls for shooting when the shoot out sections are easily the worst part of the game :laughing:

Still, at least they won't be AS bad as before, now that they might actually control decently.

• Like 1

Wrong hand Rockstar. We want GTAV

LA Noire sux

Prices :

$40 for XBO/PS4 $50 for Switch

Good luck with that. 

Game have switch version at £45 while others £35

Edited by liger05

10 hours ago, liger05 said:

Wrong hand Rockstar. We want GTAV

I'm baffled as to why they chose this game. Surely releasing Red Dead Redemption would have been a better move. It's thought very highly of ( LA is very much a marmite game ) and it would have been a great way to drum up excitement for the sequel hitting next year. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dazzybee said:

The "open world" aspect is pretty meaningless and pointless - there's even a skip button for the driving sections. 

• Thanks 1

A test possibly to see if there is a demand for LA Noire 2?

Edited by liger05

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm baffled as to why they chose this game. Surely releasing Red Dead Redemption would have been a better move. It's thought very highly of ( LA is very much a marmite game ) and it would have been a great way to drum up excitement for the sequel hitting next year. 

They’re re-releasing it on the Xbox and PS4 anyway so makes sense to do it all at once. 

27 minutes ago, Charlie said:

They’re re-releasing it on the Xbox and PS4 anyway so makes sense to do it all at once. 

Yeah, I know they are also releasing it on those platforms, I just question why they chose this game instead of something like Red Dead which no doubt would have sold a hell of a lot better.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I had it on Pc (Steam sale it was less than £10) and played up to the first interrogation, messed it up and switched it off - then something big came out called Destiny and I never went back, but I'm tempted by this a lot

On 08/09/2017 at 11:39 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I know they are also releasing it on those platforms, I just question why they chose this game instead of something like Red Dead which no doubt would have sold a hell of a lot better.

Yeah it's baffling, especially with RDR 2 incoming, you'd think that a remaster of RDR would be a no brainer.  LA Noire was easily their least popular game last gen (not counting Table Tennis, obviously).

Still, I'm not complaining.  I actually like LA Noire, so I'm happy at least :) 

Edited by Dcubed

4 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I wasn't particularly taken with this game.

Nah man, you're the majority in this case.

N-Europe is the minority.

Sign in to follow this