NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2017-18

BBC have updated their article, it previously said that they wouldn't be able to buy or sell which would make more sense. I don't really see a big problem with it. If a player wants to move from England they'll just need to make sure they do it in advance as it will be unlikely that their club will want to sell after the English window has closed.

Other leagues will go the same way eventually. Germany seem keen.

Edited by Charlie

What is the incentive for the other leagues to do the same thing? 

Liverpool would be in no better position under this new rule. Coutinho will still have his head turned by Barcelona and the bigger clubs will still throw massive amounts of money to get deals done. The only way that this will work is if you have all European leagues starting at the same time, ending at the same time and with the transfer window the same throughout Europe. This just hinders clubs buying, not selling. 

That Man City v Liverpool match was ridiculous. It was obvious Liverpool should have won it, anyone can see it! I'm pretty certain City sloped their pitch so that the balls would all just roll in. They also paid off the officials, spiked Liverpool's water bottles and had Derren Brown in the crowd hypnotising the whole Liverpool squad.

......only explanations

Hmm, United could (and probably should) have won that game. It was a great game up until 2-2 and then Stoke clearly decided to settle for a point. They defended really well, so it was a point well earned for them. Didn't quite have it in them to break them down and get the third goal. A point away at Stoke is a good point, but it could have been a better result. Lukaku had a great chance to score a second goal and didn't make a good connection. Kinda knew at that point that it was going to be "just" a draw. 

17 hours ago, Happenstance said:

That Man City v Liverpool match was ridiculous. It was obvious Liverpool should have won it, anyone can see it! I'm pretty certain City sloped their pitch so that the balls would all just roll in. They also paid off the officials, spiked Liverpool's water bottles and had Derren Brown in the crowd hypnotising the whole Liverpool squad.

......only explanations

Strangely, I didn't feel overly upset by the margin of the defeat.. I kinda just accepted it!

I wonder if it was enough of a beating to highlight that we do, in fact, need new defenders...... :blank:

Champions league! How I've missed you. Good performance tonight, especially from Fellaini! :D

How did Lovren miss that block for Sevilla's first goal.....I think it was actually impossible. Right under his foot. 

What the fuck? Apparently, 20,000 Cologne fans turned up at the Emirates when there was only an allocation for 2,900 away tickets. How has that happened? Apparently there are loads of Cologne fans in the stadium and can be found in the home sections. Crazy. Will be amazed if this doesn't get called off.

Surprised dazzy hasn't posted in here yet after Spurs' good showing last night. Obviously Dortmund's defence was a bit all over the place but Spurs still looked good and may have laid some ghosts to rest with that victory. 

I'm assuming @Ramar is at the Emirates tonight, will be interesting to hear his thoughts on the mess thats going on there right now. Seems ridiculous that so many Cologne fans could get into the home sections.

It's a pretty insane story. How did the fans get hold of the tickets? I'm assuming (based on some reports) that a large number of Arsenal fans have sold their tickets. If that's the case, that's pretty terrible. From a fan's perspective, if you have the opportunity to get a ticket to a big game, you'd go for it. 

Yeah, seems crazy to me that you'd sell a ticket for a European game. The crowd problems seem to have worked in favour of FC Koln, Arsenal have looked a bit startled and Koln have created a few good opportunities as well as scoring a decent goal 

20k turning up is just mental. That's 2% of the population of cologne... Mind you Iceland did a fair feat in teh euros, didn't they?

On 14/09/2017 at 8:54 PM, killthenet said:

Surprised dazzy hasn't posted in here yet after Spurs' good showing last night. Obviously Dortmund's defence was a bit all over the place but Spurs still looked good and may have laid some ghosts to rest with that victory. 

I'm assuming @Ramar is at the Emirates tonight, will be interesting to hear his thoughts on the mess thats going on there right now. Seems ridiculous that so many Cologne fans could get into the home sections.

Unfortunately I wasn't there. I gave my ticket to my brothers friend because I couldn't make it.

My brother did say it was crazy there. Although he didn't see any fighting personally. He was even speaking to some Cologne fans who asked if it was ok to wear their scarf in the home end. So they weren't all bad.

I am however off to Chelsea today. Hopefully put away form this year changes... we're going to get battered.

Ousmane Dembele is out for 4 months with a thigh injury; I can't help but feel sorry for Barça. 

Julian Nagelsmann is also being lined up to replace Ancelotti next summer at Bayern after the continuous reports of unsettled players at the club, which I find an extremely intriguing prospect, considering how well he's done with Hoffenheim to date, given the size and financial resources of that team, and of course his age: he just turned 30 a few years back. A lot of talk over in Germany that Bayern are willing to get him at any cost, as they view him as a once-in-a-generation managerial opportunity, and are probably still embarrassed about how they never got Klopp and instead got Klinsmann nearly a decade ago.

12 hours ago, Ramar said:

Unfortunately I wasn't there. I gave my ticket to my brothers friend because I couldn't make it.

My brother did say it was crazy there. Although he didn't see any fighting personally. He was even speaking to some Cologne fans who asked if it was ok to wear their scarf in the home end. So they weren't all bad.

I am however off to Chelsea today. Hopefully put away form this year changes... we're going to get battered.

I was there in the stand opposite the dugout. Completely surrounded by F.C. Koln fans but it was fine. Absolutely electric atmosphere and I thought their fans were brilliant. 

When i I turned up at the stadium we didn’t even know it had been delayed by an hour so the trouble must’ve happened before I arrive. I think it was just a small sub section of the fans causing trouble. 

Mark Sampson has, finally, been sacked as England Women's manager. This scandal has shown the differences that still exist between the men's and women's game, if the same concerns had been raised over Gareth Southgate (or any other national men's senior team manager) then they would have been dismissed from their post immediately. Instead the story has been allowed to roll on and on while Sampson has stayed in the job. It's a shame in a way as he was clearly a good motivator despite his tactical flaws but his behaviour is not something that should be tolerated on an elite level.

• Like 1

I'm feeling nervous about Sunday. At least we are not expected to win after only just being promoted.

I will feel sick by Sunday morning.

I will feel worse sitting in that ground.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Musonda starting and getting a goal last night was great!

Christensen is fitting in nicely and it was great Dujon Sterling got a run-out too!

Even though we’ve drawn Everton I hope he still favours youth, they deserve the game-time!

I’m glad Luiz got sent off the other week, Christensen is getting played and he’s showing how good he is - he was brilliant today!

13 hours ago, Kav said:

I’m glad Luiz got sent off the other week, Christensen is getting played and he’s showing how good he is - he was brilliant today!

Mmmmm sideways... 

• Haha 1

Weird start to the season, felt like Spurs have been average but still 4th... Need to sort our blasted "home" results though, getting extremely worrying!!!

As for Koln, in some ways it's a nice story, but I can't help but think that if it was English fans who turned up and over run a home end somewhere, would it be met with such laughter.

Lukaku with another goal. He got 26 goals last season for Everton and it looks like he'll surpass that this season if he keeps going at this rate. Just what we needed!

Sign in to follow this