NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2017-18

Poor corners really annoy the hell out of me. It's a stationary ball! It should at least clear the defenders.

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Poor corners really annoy the hell out of me. It's a stationary ball! It should at least clear the defenders.

The downside of the dominance of tiki-taka football is that, imo, it's led to the degradation of the quality of crossing. You see so many corners that don't make it past the first man or too many crosses that are over-hit or under-hit. So much emphasis is placed on short passing that crossing and longer passing has suffered.

Tough game. Knew only one goal would settle it and luckily Martial put his chance away whilst Alli buggered his up. Great result. Chelsea away next weekend...

4 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Tough game. Knew only one goal would settle it and luckily Martial put his chance away whilst Alli buggered his up. Great result. Chelsea away next weekend...

Disappointed when I got home to see that Man Utd had scored a late winner. A draw would've been good for Arsenal.

Gave up trying to find a stream for Arsenal vs Swansea as they kept going down. Back into the top 4 and only a point behind Spurs. Red Star Belgrade on Thursday at the Emirates and I'll be there! 

Two huge games today. City vs. Arsenal first and then Chelsea vs. United. 

I'm going to predict 3-1 for City and...think we'll nick a draw against Chelsea. 1-1.

Not sure how we're going to approach our game. The smart money would be on United going mega-defensive, but maybe Mourinho will be there to prove a point? I dunno. We're not in good enough form to go there and make a statement with attacking football, imo.

Also, is there a name that is more butchered in football than Kevin de Bruyne's name?

Also, is there a name that is more butchered in football than Kevin de Bruyne's name?

It's pronounced Kevan De Braw-ing right?

When Mkhitaryan plays, it feels like we are playing with only 10 players and the link between midfield and attack is poor. Needs to work harder!

It was good hearing Conte refer to Christensen as the present & future of Chelsea.

He’s a class act and will only get better!

Looking at Loftus-Cheek at Palace, even though they’ve been shite, he’s been their outstanding player so far this season. He could easily get into our team given how our firm has been - he’s been playing better than Bakayoko!

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:32 PM, James said:

How do people say it, isn't what he said how everyone says it. 

It's usually mispronounced as Kevin da Broy-nuh or B-roy-n. Unbelievably irritating.

So, I see that Bilic has been sacked and Moyes is now West Ham manager. Hope it goes well for him. Although, I do wonder if he's made the right decision here. Going from Everton to United seemed like a no-brainer as it was a big opportunity for him. But, the other jobs that he has taken after that have been difficult. Language/culture barrier being one and then taking on a team that have been struggling at the bottom for some time in Sunderland. Now, he's got another sort of situation like that with West Ham. I just wonder if he would be better off waiting for a steady mid-table club, e.g. a club like Southampton. I guess that West Ham are in a similar sort of bracket, but I just think the expectations there are not realistic at the moment and he'll be expected to keep them up and transform them into a club that plays good football at the same time, with the resources at his disposal. Not really the right sort of appointment for him or the club, imo.

2 minutes ago, nekunando said:

GREEN AND WHITE ARMY :yay:

Do us proud!

Thanks for the reminder. Let's see if they can turn the tie around after being royally screwed over in the first round.

41 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Thanks for the reminder. Let's see if they can turn the tie around after being royally screwed over in the first round.

It's frustrating that it isn't even on BBC NI. I don't have Sky :hmm:

7 minutes ago, nekunando said:

It's frustrating that it isn't even on BBC NI. I don't have Sky :hmm:

You guys played really well in the first 20 mins but were under a lot of pressure the rest of the half.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You guys played really well in the first 20 mins but were under a lot of pressure the rest of the half.

That's what I gather from the 5live commentary. The main thing at this stage is that we're still in it :smile:

17 minutes ago, nekunando said:

That's what I gather from the 5live commentary. The main thing at this stage is that we're still in it :smile:

You guys should really be 1-0 up. You're throwing chances away.

2 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Off the line :sad:

All over.

Disgusting way to get knocked out. Why in the blue hell they STILL dont use video technology for big games is beyond me.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

All over.

Disgusting way to get knocked out. Why in the blue hell they STILL dont use video technology for big games is beyond me.

Switzerland had plenty of chances over the two legs but ultimately it was an awful decision that has cost us :hmm:

Northern Ireland last qualified the year before I was born so I've never got to see us in the biggest tournament. It could be a long time before we ever get another chance again :sad:

Really proud of the team, though. A great effort throughout the campaign and a level of passion and pride that's largely unrivalled.

So, no Italy in the World Cup. Not that shocking really as they've been a bit poor for a while now. The match was pretty garbage.

It's a shame for Buffon, it would have been the sixth World Cup he'd gone to and the fifth that he'd actually played at, it's a sad end to a glittering international career.

Was gutted for Northern Ireland last night, that penalty decision in the first leg was atrocious and despite a few openings that Switzerland made in the second leg Northern Ireland were clearly the better side, especially in the second half. Hopefully the Republic can do it tomorrow night, would be a shame if England were the only home nation at the tournament. 

Sign in to follow this