Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

ARMS Nintendo Direct 17th May

Hero-of-Time

Lots of modes, plenty of unlockables and what looks to be a decent online setup. I'm happy with what I saw.

I'm also pleased to see they are continuing with free updates, much like they done with Splatoon. I was afraid they may ditch this model and start adding season passes left and right. This bodes well for Splatoon 2.

Arms looks fun, even though I've never been really into fighting games, but the different game modes should keep things fun :smile: I'm so glad they're offering a 'global testpunch' to allow everyone to try it out first!

As for Splatoon 2, I'm really happy to see the single player mode and find that it seems to have expanded on what was present in the first game :hehe:

Amazing direct.

I was on the fence about ARMS but will now be buying day one. Looks mega, mega fun and seems to have tons of content. Free DLC is just the icing on a very tasty looking cake.

Splatoon 2 single player mode looks like Mario Galaxy levels of epic.

2017 man, feels good to have Nintendo back.

Splatoon 2 single player mode looks like Mario Galaxy levels of epic..

Ha.. it's funny you should say that! My first thought when I saw the trailer was that it looks like Splatoon 2 compared to the original Splatoon will feel like how Super Mario Galaxy 2 was to the first Super Mario Galaxy :grin:

Testpunch is up, I'm downloading it now.

I wasn't really interested in Arms at first, but I must admit it looks better and better with each Direct. I'm still not going to buy it launch, but at this point I'd get it sooner rather than later. I'd like to wait for a sale, but I suspect this is going to be a game that's not getting a significant discount anything soon.

But damn, I want both a left and right pink joy-con. Don't care for the other existing and announced colours. I don't even need joy-cons as I practically only use the pro nowadays, except for Snipperclips. The Splatoon pro on the other hand, does nothing for me, even though I'd actually like another pro at some point most likely.

And I want scale figures (no not amiibos) of (especially) Min Min and Twintelle please.

Fantastic Direct! Loads of modes, a seemingly great online set-up and what looks like plenty of depth to the gameplay itself. They seem to be going all out on this new IP.

Smart move to have testfire type thing too and thumbs up for the free pose-release content updates.

It looks like the times for our Testpunch sessions are 01:00, 13:00 and 19:00. Bit miffed that the US gets an extra 2 sessions for some reason. ::shrug:

Lots of previews are doing the rounds and there seems to be a lot of positive buzz around the motion controls. I probably won't be using them myself but it's nice to hear that they work well.

I think this looks like it could be really good.

I'm not so sure about the "seemingly great online setup" though. It looks incredibly basic to me, a single ranked 1 v 1 mode with no way to communicate. I'm guessing the couldn't get it to work smoothly without lag when looking at the other modes online as more would be going on. That or it just got no focus.

If the core game is good though, it won't matter as much. I'm really looking forward to the Testpunch.

Yup, they're pulling another Splatoon it seems. Saw the Testfire Testpunch coming a mile off.

Nice to see a variety of different modes on offer here, that's what I wanted to see. A shame that the single player modes aren't more substantial, but what's there looks decent enough.

Looks rad! Roll on the release date!