NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

I haven't managed to unlock the W25 Silver Arrow yet, but according to the Wiki it shares the same stats as the standard bike in MK8 deluxe. I'll use that instead if there's no objections.

• Like 1

BTW, don't try and be clever and pick Gold Mario. Keep it Standard Monopoly, thank you.

Standard bike? Doesn't that handle much differently? i don't like bikes..

Good night foe me. Got a gold. That last GP could have been so much better for me had I not had a terrible first and second race. 

A few highlights coming later. 

Oh right, that one time I was (for once) about to take 3rd place, then getting blue shelled (???????). I fucking hate this game.

Don’t think I’ve ever raced so badly, yet still done as well as I did tonight. :heh: Was driving like a complete and utter fool on pretty much every race (especially during 200cc, some serious “pinball” action going on there! :laughing:)

My mind is hardwired for Mario Odyssey at the moment. :D

Decent night for me, two bronzes! It's good to be back. Tonight's theme was mega, even if I HATE 200cc ;)

Here was me at the end of Rainbow Road, hunting down @Vileplume2000 for first place. He blocked a blue shell with the horn, then I red-shelled him. Victory! I thought, before remembering that this is 200cc, and in 200cc, no-one is safe.

Bonus video: I tried to throw a bob-omb at the leaders, the result was something I've never seen on MK8 before! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Decent night for me, two bronzes! It's good to be back. Tonight's theme was mega, even if I HATE 200cc ;)

Here was me at the end of Rainbow Road, hunting down @Vileplume2000 for first place. He blocked a blue shell with the horn, then I red-shelled him. Victory! I thought, before remembering that this is 200cc, and in 200cc, no-one is safe.

Haha I clearly remember this moment! I honked away that Blue Shell and thought "I need to capture this! But I'm racing at 200CC through a Rainbow Road and I can't find the button!" Seriously at those speeds that capture button is too far away to long-press.

Had some good moments placing in the front ranks, and some shitty moments where I got blasted losing all my coins/finishing last. So yeah your typical night of MK :grin: And great theme!

Here are the results.

rUCnM5a.png     T3XLsYm.png     o7yDHj9.png

And here's the results table.

ZJq84Vj.png

The table is starting to stabilise now that we're two months in to this mini league. Not much to say really, other than @Sméagol overtaking @Blade

Oh, and @RedShell had absolutely no change in his average score. A week too late though. @BowserBasher was doing it before it was cool.

We're halfway through the league now, so I want to take this opportunity to remind y'all that if your attendance is too low, your score won't count in the final results. Normally, this would be around the 50% mark, but due to the shortness of this mini League, I feel 33% would be more reasonable.

So if your attendance is below 33% by the end of the year, your score won't count. Currently, only @Blade is below this threshold, but @Vileplume2000 and @Nicktendo should be made aware of this. There's still time for a newcomer to come in and still qualify to be in the final table if they attend enough nights. So if you're on the fence about joining, do it now.

That's all, here's the next theme.

Next League Night: 9th November 8pm

xYuBw0a.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@punio75

@viceview51

With Animal Crossing being the latest franchise to bleed money out of poor, unfortunate mobile players, I don't think the N-E League has had a night for Isabelle. Villager has shown up, but not the poor dog that has to run all the towns you lot have left behind. That said, it wouldn't be Animal Crossing if there wasn't gross violence against Balloons. Frantic Items will ensure that maximum Balloon damage is achieved. Because Balloons are evil and have to die.

So, a nice simple Character theme night. Am I easing you in to something awful? Maybe...

Oh, and don't worry. I haven't forgotten. Here's this week's highlghts I witnessed.

Thanks to @martinist, @BowserBasher, @Vileplume2000 and @Nicktendo for making me laugh/ruining my race. Delete as appropriate

Spoiler
@BowserBasher, you wondering why that Twisted Mansion mishap happened? That's why. Karma is a cruel mistress.

Edited by Glen-i
Today, I learned that the Tab Key posts whatever you wrote.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Hide contents

Seriously, what kind of deranged, reckless psychopath fires a Red Shell backwards? :nono:

Spoiler

:laughing:

In for next week BTW. :cheeky:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't have the paper glider. Whats the coin requirement for it? I'll just play online for the week and see if i unlock it before Thursday

57 minutes ago, martinist said:

I don't have the paper glider. Whats the coin requirement for it? I'll just play online for the week and see if i unlock it before Thursday

All of the glider part unlocks are random, apart from the Gold Glider.

• Like 1

OH, I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!

It had all of the bloody trademarks as well! Last stretch of the track, Red Shell thrown backwards shenanigans, me getting hit.

1 hour ago, martinist said:

That reminds me...

Alternate Parts

City Tripper - Available from the start

Leaf Tyres - Button Wheels have the same stats. (Not available from the start, if you don't have either, let me know)

Paper Glider - Parachute has the same stats.

Really gotta get into the habit of doing that.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OH, I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!

It had all of the bloody trademarks as well! Last stretch of the track, Red Shell thrown backwards shenanigans, me getting hit.

3cb8Ak9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

No idea where else to stick this but figured @RedShell may be interested in it, due to his love of Mario Kart and the Christmas season slowly approaching.

Mario Kart Christmas

I saw that last night along with a free t-shirt and thought it was a good deal :smile:

I almost went for the Donkey Kong sweater and a Luigi t-shirt but I'm not sure I want to buy a jumper that I won't get much use out of in the year (though that particular want isn't overly festive :grin: )

Next League Night: Tonight 8pm

xYuBw0a.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@punio75

@viceview51

@S.C.G

@RedShell

Still to Declare

@Nicktendo

@Sméagol

@Vileplume2000

@Blade

Alternate Parts

City Tripper - Available from the start

Leaf Tyres - Button Wheels have the same stats. (Not available from the start, if you don't have either, let me know)

Paper Glider - Parachute has the same stats.