NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

I had a go at this with @lostmario yesterday evening.

The game looks very pretty and impressive. We had a go at the strike and ended up immediately tackling the boss. It was a pretty standard Destiny style bullet sponge. We then had a go at the strike again and this time we managed to start from the beginning.

There was one big LOL moment - those cogs! 

My opinion is that its just Destiny. Nothing really further to say. After spending 100s of hours on the first one I am unsure whether to spend the time on what is essentially the same game. 

I am on the fence with this one. As its an online multiplayer, I would need to be in a group and play regularly to fully appreciate what the game will have to offer. After the effort of trying to create a regualar second group last time I may not bother.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Blade said:

I had a go at this with @lostmario yesterday evening.

The game looks very pretty and impressive. We had a go at the strike and ended up immediately tackling the boss. It was a pretty standard Destiny style bullet sponge. We then had a go at the strike again and this time we managed to start from the beginning.

There was one big LOL moment - those cogs! 

My opinion is that its just Destiny. Nothing really further to say. After spending 100s of hours on the first one I am unsure whether to spend the time on what is essentially the same game. 

I am on the fence with this one. As its an online multiplayer, I would need to be in a group and play regularly to fully appreciate what the game will have to offer. After the effort of trying to create a regualar second group last time I may not bother.

Kinda my sentiments atm tbh. I didn't fancy the PvP much and I need to play the strike a few more times. Kinda like yourself - I didn't dislike anything particularly but it did feel somewhat Destiny 1.5 and I'm not sure I like some of the changes.

Sadly the real crack in the game is the social - I realise I'll be all over this with everyone when it comes out for that alone. I think also there's going to be so many more people playing this time (plus added social options) that you won't struggle to find fireteams. Still nonetheless - I'm not sure which/what version of this I'll get. I may even wait a bit before delving in...just not sure yet. Originally was gonna get an edition with the first two expansions but not even sure I will now.

@Jimbob Are you still around here? The Clan Migration for Destiny 2 is gonna happening later on today on bungie.net site and I'm not sure if it requires the founder or clan admins. 

Edited by DriftKaiser

2 hours ago, DriftKaiser said:

@Jimbob Are you still around here? The Clan Migration for Destiny 2 is gonna happening later on today on bungie.net site and I'm not sure if it requires the founder or clan admins. 

I'm keeping an eye on it, i think anyone with admin controls can change it.  So that's me, Sheikah, Cookyman, Flameboy and Shorty who can make changes.

• Like 1

Look like Coldheart Exotic Tracer rifle is available to everyone who pre-ordered the game and eventually unlocked to everyone this December. Also the Digital stores updated their page which revealed they also will get a new emote called Salute and a "Kill Tracker" ghost shell. Dunno if it's tracking kills or something else and I have no idea if the Physical counterpart will get them as well. 

Even if I enjoy D2, I don't think I'm going to have the same completionist drive I had in D1. That's because the mystery has gone, and nothing has changed from Destiny 1. You understand how the weapons drop from the outset, there's a fixed set of weapons and a fixed set of exotics. Unlocking the majority of them is going to be at the whim of RNG, and only a set few are going to be fun/worth having/worth using in PvE. Within a few months you will be scorned for using an exotic weapon you like on a raid boss because it's less efficient than a sniper rifle or whatever.

I was kinda hoping they would change things up a bit and that playing would feel more like Diablo, where any purple drop gets you excited, but lets be honest, that stopped being the case for most people a long time ago with D1, and if they're not changing that, the feeling will simply continue.

• Like 4

Group has been upgraded to Year 2.  Anyone not a Clan member will be automatically removed (this is outside of mine and the admins hands as this is a Bungie decision).  So if anyone wants to remain in the N-Europe Clan, become a Clan member by August 23rd.  This way, the benefits of the clan will pay off for everyone.  If it remained a group, we'd lose all the benefits that Bungie have said are coming.

As a curious question, how many are looking to get Destiny 2?

Edited by Jimbob
  • Like 1

Still can't have a hyphen in the Clan Name. #literallyunplayable #justareskin #destiny1.5

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shorty said:

Even if I enjoy D2, I don't think I'm going to have the same completionist drive I had in D1. That's because the mystery has gone, and nothing has changed from Destiny 1. You understand how the weapons drop from the outset, there's a fixed set of weapons and a fixed set of exotics. Unlocking the majority of them is going to be at the whim of RNG, and only a set few are going to be fun/worth having/worth using in PvE. Within a few months you will be scorned for using an exotic weapon you like on a raid boss because it's less efficient than a sniper rifle or whatever.

I was kinda hoping they would change things up a bit and that playing would feel more like Diablo, where any purple drop gets you excited, but lets be honest, that stopped being the case for most people a long time ago with D1, and if they're not changing that, the feeling will simply continue.

Completely agree. Nothing will beat the initial experience in D1 though. Obtaining purple drops, experiencing the first ever raid.

I wish they revamped D2 more so it feels fresh.

• Like 1

I'm still not even sure if I'll bother picking it up at all, haven't played the any of the beta!

I quit the first Destiny hard back at the end of November and don't really have any urge to dive back in :/

8 hours ago, Eddage said:

I'm still not even sure if I'll bother picking it up at all, haven't played the any of the beta!

I quit the first Destiny hard back at the end of November and don't really have any urge to dive back in :/

We pretty much all did, but I think most of us will be back, too! All "Destiny 1.5" grievances aside, the strikes and raids and social aspect are still going to be top tier for me I'm sure.

• Like 2

Yes dont get that sucked in that you feel compelled to buy all the little dlc etc.

Near 25 mins of gameplay:

Edited by Kav

Spoiler

Look like you can reclaim the lost powers aka TTK subclasses through a quest. It was in the EDZ gameplay lmao.

I should point out that the open beta for pc is now running with full access at 6pm. 

It runs well on most modern gpu. Highest settings and resolution of course are tricky but dialing it down a bit as always helps with minimal differences. 

1080ti doesnt manage 4K 60 fps as per Nvidia's/Bungie's/Activision advertising but is the only card above 30fps. No idea how it handles the most strenuous situations. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Destiny_2_Beta/4.html

1080.png

2160.png

Will test my 1050 ti soonish. Will only de doing 1920 x 1200... 

Edited by Choze

So I am actually really excited for this now. I'm moving house on Sunday so was gonna take a couple of days off work to get settled, then realised this was out on Wednesday so decided to take the whole week off :D

• Like 1

lol. Enjoy.

Its fun so far. Trying it at a different angle to the console beta. Same content it seems.

It runs great on gpu like the 1050. The game is also clearly multicore friendly. Will upload screens with stats sowing how the Ryzen 7 handles this. 

With a 1050 ti, I am running it high settings, it uses over 2GB VRAM often. Some max settings. MSAA off(SMAA) and depth of field turned down one notch. It runs well. Above 30 fps pretty much. A 1060/570/580 should do very well this game.

Edited by Choze
Added screenshots with hardware monitoring stats.

In case anyone is wondering.

They removed OSD support quietly through a hotfix. Not sure why? Maybe there is some cheating going on? I still think removing OSD is heavy handed. 

5 hours ago, Choze said:

In case anyone is wondering.

They removed OSD support quietly through a hotfix. Not sure why? Maybe there is some cheating going on? I still think removing OSD is heavy handed. 

Pretty sure I remember reading that they were planning on shipping with no OSD support, and an I'm game FPS counter. 

Yeah I tried to use afterburner during my session earlier and the overlay wouldn't come up. The only thing I can think of as a reason is that they don't want people looking too closely at an unfinished game and maybe finding performance inadequacies or fluctuations.

Which is weird considering I was running it at what seemed like way higher than 60 frames at 1440p with 120% DSR and full settings and SMAA. It runs extremely well on PC. Which I guess I would expect since it isn't anything special graphically. But found the lack of OSD super bizarre.

Played this on my PC yesterday. Runs super smooth on my 1070, and the game seems great. Music is amazing, I really love Michael Salvatori's work on the old Halo series, and it seems he's doing just as good a job on Destiny 2. My girlfriend, who doesn't care about video games actually came over and wanted to know what I was listening to :P. 

I get a lot of Halo vibes for this. Not sure if I care about the multiplayer aspect, but if the Single player is as good as the Halo series, I might get the game just because of that. I have no idea what I'm doing though, seeing as the beta don't give you any tutorial on how to use your powers or anything. I went as a warlock, but I should probably just go as a soldier, seeing as I'm better at shooting stuff than using powers I can't figure out :P. 

Great fun!

Was playing the beta on my 1080 earlier, just out of curiosity. Shouldn't have done it. Going back to console to play with friends will be a big step back in the visuals department!

@ArtMediocre when you say single and multiplayer are you actually referring to PvE and PvP? Because if you think the actual campaign content will be Halo level I reckon you might be disappointed. Destiny really shone when playing co-op strikes and raids with friends, really that's where all its longevity lay. I know a few people who tried to just play it solo and they had fun, but then found there wasn't enough to keep their interest and dropped out.

Of course D2 may be different but I'm willing to bet its replayability still comes from that MMO style challenge with friends, hunting loot and solving then rinsing raids.

There are no "soldier" classes per se btw, they're all based around an ability, a grenade and a super ability basically. It's loosely attack, support and defense but you can pretty much take any role with any class. Remember it's a beta not a demo, the final game will walk you through your class and unlock abilities gradually.

• Like 1