NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

Looks great. Biggest area is twice the size of what Bungie have done in Destiny.

Solid presentation improvements. Looks like they will stagger sub classes etc.

Stuff for people who are less time flexible to enjoy parts of the game(raiding etc.)

Am excited.

Then there's Lost Sectors, which are like dungeons where, occasionally, as you're wandering around the world, you see a symbol etched on some wall and you know you're close to an entrance of some kind. Then you get to go – no matter what activity you're on – you can just go into this Lost Sector and go find a boss, kill it, and get some sweet treasure.

That's the philosophy with the Lost Sectors – you're going to see this symbol and you're going to be like, "Oh no, I know that there's something cool here to do." Now, it's not going to be a raid behind that symbol. It's a dungeon and it's meant to be done pretty quickly. It's meant to be done as you're out in the world.

I like Nessus the best. You're not going to get to it until later in the campaign, but it's probably my favorite. European Dead Zone is really good. It has more to do. It's the biggest by far. It's got lots of Lost Sectors, lots of dungeons, lots of just hidden little nooks and things to find.

From this link, basically there are "loot caves" spreading across the 4 maps waiting for us to discover.

Adventures - 10+ mins missions with narrative and dialogue and they take you to new places and they do new things – new mechanics.

Lost Sector - Dungeon with new stuffs for our rebuilt Vault.

No sprint cooldown confirmed. Also someone said our guardian automatically climb a ledge after a fail jump.

Edited by DriftKaiser

Ugggggggggh. Preordered even though I know I shouldn't.

Just switched on Destiny for the first time this year, boy the group i used to play with have turned into right twits. Been trying to get my groove back ready for the beta access and release in September.

Ugggggggggh. Preordered even though I know I shouldn't.

Yeah, me too. :|

I will do soon, I'm sure. Even though it's not everything I dreamed it could be, I'll still love it all over again.

Think I just saw a new exotic shotgun that kinda look Gjallarhorn in this video at 2m 45s. Lion head at the muzzle and wings alongside it.

Destiny 2 livestream is up and geez I'm sold. The additions look fantastic. Even the girlfriend is so so interested, she wants a PS4 of her own so she can play with me. Do yourselves a favour and watch the whole thing

Glad you're staying on PS4! Still can't believe you never joined us on Overwatch. The party bants never ended, it just migrated. And it'll be back for D2.

18th July for PS4 Beta

19th July for Xbox One Beta

Late August for PC Beta

Also the release date moved forward to 6th Sept from 8th Sept. Maybe the new reset day?

Also PS Exclusive get a cool exotic sniper that change elements per a shoot, a blue and white ship, gears and a taken strike.

Edited by DriftKaiser

This is going to be huge.

Really excited got my collectors pre order ready :awesome:

Probably the best panel I've seen so far from this E3. Big Show has some mic issues early on but it's well worth a watch. He's clearly a big fan of the game.

I just noticed something interesting with the Warlock's character menu, the light orb in their hand changed from Solar to Arc to Void.

Oh Titan and Hunter also do this with their left fists. Dunno if this confirmed that the TTK subclasses are also back.

Edited by DriftKaiser

Beta trailer

What you should expect:

Homecoming: The opening mission and cinematics from Destiny 2’s Campaign.

Countdown: Enter the Crucible to battle other Guardians in a brand new mode. Attack or Defend the base on a new map custom-built to support this new game type.

Control: The original standard for Crucible combat is back, with some impactful changes. Control the zones on another new map built with this objective in mind.

The Inverted Spire: Strike at the heart of a Vex stronghold. Bring two willing allies, or let Matchmaking introduce you to a Fireteam of Guardians.

New Subclasses: The new fighting style for each Class will be at the ready. Choose from the Dawnblade Warlock, Arcstrider Hunter, or Sentinel Titan.

The Farm: For one hour, on Sunday, July 23, we’re inviting you to tour the new social space in Destiny 2. Starting at 10AM Pacific, you’re welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. Our goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.

What you should not expect:

Clan Support: It’s true that Clans will be supported in Destiny 2, but those features are not a part of this test.

Character Progression: You’ll receive rewards for defeating your enemies – be they Cabal, Vex, or other Guardians – but the Beta does not represent how your characters will evolve in Destiny 2.

Character Continuity: Destiny 2 is a fresh start. Nothing we do in the Beta will carry over to the final version of the game on September 6. Of course, for every rule, there is an exception…

Beta emblem

07062017_beta_emblem_1.jpg?cv=3983621215

Edited by Map
  • Like 1

Sentinel Titan basically got 2 in 1 super. Pressing your super casts the shield or holding your super casts the Ward of Dawn. Even you can generate a forward mini-bubble using your shield.  Armour of Light is back as well. Is it just me or the bubble look bigger this time.

Well I've got the beta downloaded and ready to try out tomorrow. Looking forward to delving back in.

• Like 1

I'm very torn on the beta. I loved a lot about it and was very meh at times too. As suspected, it really just feels like I've gone back to Destiny but they've nerfed my character, it doesn't feel like much of a departure from D1 at all. It doesn't really look any better and it doesn't feel any better because it's only 30fps and I've been playing so much Overwatch. The strike boss is another uninspiring bullet sponge.

But, it was great to be back to chatting with N-E folks and the co-op gameplay is still great fun. I actually enjoyed the PvP, love the new Titan and Warlock supers (although they feel a bit samey), I like the new weapon loadout a whole lot. I just hope there's a tonne more to do and the game generally feels busier and more alive. Looking forward to the social space being added because it's missing a lot without patrol or social.

• Like 1

I've found the beta very underwhelming to be honest. Maybe a bit more time on it will make me like it in a Stockholm syndrome kind of way. I thought the strike was pretty basic and the boss was just a boring bullet sponge.

I feel that Overwatch has somewhat spoiled things for me in terms of the crucible side of things. It just didn't feel that fun to me.

I downloaded the beta but I honestly don't know if I'll get around to playing it. Maybe towards the end of the week if I have friends on it. The comments in here aren't exactly inspiring. 

I wanted to try this out. Is it only available to those that have preordered?

35 minutes ago, Blade said:

I wanted to try this out. Is it only available to those that have preordered?

Becomes an open beta tomorrow at 6pm. Not sure if you can pre load it or if it becomes available to download at 6pm, might be worth checking on the store.

• Like 1

My drops are terrible. Seems alright though but I need to see higher level stuff.

Seems quite promising.

Played the opening. Sure is more destiny, and definitely a total nerfing. 

But goddamn has bungie created a pretty and vibrant game.