Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Arcade Club N-E mini meet?

Eenuh

After seeing Rummy's Loading bar thread, it reminded me of something!

@Fierce_LiNk and I will be spending a weekend in Manchester from April 14 until the 17th to go watch Manchester United play. As we have a full Saturday with nothing planned, we thought of going to Bury to check out the Arcade Club, as we loved the look of it after seeing it in the Maddog Marathon!

So I was wondering if any people living nearby would be interested in maybe meeting up on Saturday April 15? Our hotel is near Old Trafford, but I'm sure we can find a way to get to Bury somehow. :)

Would anyone be up for meeting up, possibly at the Arcade Club? :D

@Kav

Do you know of this club?

I'm sure a tram can be caught from Manchester to Bury. I certainly went on one to Bury away.

Tram goes from pretty much anywhere in Greater Manchester to the centre. Bury is on the north branch and there's a stop about 5 mins walk from the Arcade Club. Getting to Bury from Stretford (Man United stadium) will require a change, but it's much easier than travelling by road thanks to Greater Manchester enjoying the most congested roads IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

Driving to Arcade Club is pretty easy in my experience. There's plenty of free parking at the venue, although it does seem to fill up later in the day. There's a paid car park near the shopping centre though and it's not a long walk to the club.

Well worth going. It's an amazing place and they've just opened up the second floor, making it even better. I'll try and make it, but I can't promise anything as it's a very long drive for me.

I recorded some video last time I was there, with the plan to use it to promote the Maddog Marathon, but never really did anything with it. I figured I may as well upload it at least, so here it is, although it really doesn't do the place justice:

Edited by Goafer

We are flying to Manchester, so will have to use public transport to get to Bury (and from the airport to Manchester city, still need to figure all this out).

The Arcade Club is open from 11am until 11pm on Saturdays though, so plenty of time to play games there. And @Rummy, not sure if you meant prices of the club or prices of getting there, but the entry fee is £10 for adults, which then lets you play the machines for free.

I think they may have changed their prices now that the second floor is open. I think it's still £10 for the top floor, but I think there's an extra fee for both floors. Best to check their Facebook page for more info.

Ah, it still says £10 on their website and Facebook, but we'll see if that changes then. Didn't know they opened an extra floor. Looking forward to seeing what machines they have. :)

We are flying to Manchester, so will have to use public transport to get to Bury (and from the airport to Manchester city, still need to figure all this out).

The Arcade Club is open from 11am until 11pm on Saturdays though, so plenty of time to play games there. And @Rummy, not sure if you meant prices of the club or prices of getting there, but the entry fee is £10 for adults, which then lets you play the machines for free.

You'd get the F tram from the Airport into the city and then swap depending where you need to go.

Bury is the end of the A or C line.

http://www.metrolink.co.uk/stationinfo/Documents/Route_Map.pdf

According to Google its a 20 minute walk from the station to the club: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Arcade+Club,+Cork+Street,+Bury/Bury+Interchange,+Bury+BL9+0AF/@53.5940325,-2.2948594,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x487ba4d1c844a42d:0x2b9d56952d7947e2!2m2!1d-2.2838052!2d53.5951067!1m5!1m1!1s0x487ba4ddcd64975d:0x5c599dd6e4920f0a!2m2!1d-2.2973348!2d53.5910778!3e2

Ah, it still says £10 on their website and Facebook, but we'll see if that changes then. Didn't know they opened an extra floor. Looking forward to seeing what machines they have. :)

I don't think they've updated their website etc yet, but I did find a comment on a post that said it's an extra £5 for floor 2 (the new floor), so £15 for both floors. Still pretty amazing value IMO.

Can't comment on whether the second floor is worth the extra £5, but from what we saw of it during the marathon, it's just as big as the main floor (possibly a better layout too) and definitely had the potential to be just as amazing as upstairs. I'd give it a go.

Yo dawg, I heard you like videos (of the new floor, not to step on @Goafer's manly feet):

Some corrections (from someone that works at AC):

xboxes are Xbox ones not 360's :) and Tempest is now fixed (shown off in video) - a pokey chip died

Contains all this joy apparently:

Classic cabs Space Invaders, Tempest, Asteroids, Video Pinball, Donkey Kong, Outrun, Outrun 2, Crazy Taxi, Phoenix, Burgertime, Defender, Robotron, Track n Field, R-Type, Point Blank 2, Joust, Galaxian, Ms Pacman, Galaga, Pacman, Mr. Do! (all these games are doubles so nothing is lost from upstairs - apart from video pinball which is on suicide watch :D)

12 X PC's (i7 4.2Ghz /GTX1080SC 8GB /16GB DDR4 RAM/27" Benq 2730 1440p 144hz/ m2 400 /Corsair Keyboards and mice) also we have bought 12 copies of battlefield one/Doom/CS:GO etc - so you don't need to own the games to play on top hardware ;)

The PC's are not hourly you can use them as much as you like (all we ask is that you be 'fair' if people are waiting)

Oculus rift & VIVE both on separate PC's (both i7 GTX1080SC based as above)

3 x PS4 VR setups

10 x xbox one

10 x PS4

Nintendo Switch

classic consoles (with all the best games)

including : SNES,Megadrive, NES, PC Engine, NEO GEO AES, XBOX, Playstation etc. (changes weekly) and all that is available from my personal collection ;)

Exclusive Japanese games - Taiko no tatsujin, Groove coaster 2, Pop n Music, DDR Extreme etc..

Sega vs cabs with CPS2 fighting games etc.. and SF3 3S

Shooters (currently installed are : Cosmo Gang the video, Macross & Truxton)

HOTD 4 DLX - With new modern monitor replacing the horrible rear projection screen :D

A free to play Pool table