NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek02.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 02)

The second week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

Check the article for the full roundup.

- - - - -

Thanks to @Josh64 for the recently posted articles, which include...

See you next week! :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Saw that Eastward is the latest game trial on the NSO app earlier. Got it downloaded and plan to give it a go at the weekend. I've no idea what to expect.

1 minute ago, darksnowman said:

Saw that Eastward is the latest game trial on the NSO app earlier. Got it downloaded and plan to give it a go at the weekend. I've no idea what to expect.

Apparently it starts off very strong but eventually the game starts to drag and overstays its welcome. 

12 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Apparently it starts off very strong but eventually the game starts to drag and overstays its welcome. 

Seems there was some interest in it here but no discussion once it came out so perhaps it didn't end up being so great like you're alluding to. 

Just now, darksnowman said:

Seems there was some interest in it here but no discussion once it came out so perhaps it didn't end up being so great like you're alluding to. 

Sounds like a lot of indie games. Always look great/interesting in the trailers and then fall short when they are released.

Did not think Eastward was going to be an action RPG with a turnbased Dragon Quest game inside it. Seems like a good game, even if it's a bit slow going, at least to begin with. Interesting style, atmosphere and music. Not looking for this sort of thing right now but will be keeping it in mind so that's somewhat job done as far as the game trial goes. Reminded me there's a few other eShop games like Jack Move and ANNO: Mutationem I'd like to get, too. 

Just wish it had d-pad movement.

• Like 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek05.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 05)

The fifth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

D4 Enterprise has announced that the Nihon Falcom action RPG EGGCONSOLE Ys I PC-8801mkIISR will be released digitally on Nintendo Switch on February 15, 2024. This is a port of the first version of the title, which was launched in 1987. It will also feature Japanese and English language support.

Ys I has seen numerous ports over the years, including the X1, PC-98, FM-7, MSX2, Famicom, Master System, MS-DOS, Apple IIGS, and X68000. Further, the entry has been remade for PSP alongside Ys II, which has since been ported to PC. Ys I is, at least in the current chronology, the first adventure of franchise protagonist Adol Christin, in which he finds himself collecting the six books of Ys throughout the land of Esteria, which chronicles the history of the titular land it’s named for.

The first Ys game and many of the other earlier ones feature Bump combat, which quite literally involves bumping into enemies to damage them. Of course, being leveled adequately, having strong enough equipment, and understanding enemy telegraphs are necessary to overcome battles.

You can view the game’s [JP] Switch eShop page for additional details. An English store page will likely surface by launch, given the following release the company previously did.

https://noisypixel.net/ys-i-pc-8801-switch-february-2024-english-support/

EGG Console Ys PC-8801mkIISR

EGG Console Ys PC-8801mkIISR

My first foray into Ys was the TurboGrafx-16 Book I & II on the Wii VC but that doesn't stop me wanting to check this older version out. Don't remember anything specific about it other than bumping!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek06.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 06)

The sixth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

• Like 2

I've embedded the Zelda orchestra now that it has gone live!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/02/2024 at 10:24 AM, Josh64 said:

I've embedded the Zelda orchestra now that it has gone live!

No mention of the Splatoon concert though? :( 

I've never heard of that God of Light game you posted—nice find. It looks pretty nice. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

No mention of the Splatoon concert though? :(

It went online a few days ago:

• Like 1

Oops, I hadn't even heard of the splatoon one till now! A bit late now but I will try to sneak it in later today! 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, MindFreak said:

It went online a few days ago:

Oh yeah, I made sure to give it a listen. I was just joshing that it merits a mention on the main site here as much as Zelda. 

• Haha 1

Ah, misunderstood then! 

But apart from that I think the Zelda music is much, much better than Splatoon and as such it needs to be highlighted much more. :D

11 hours ago, Ike said:

That article is misleading, the game is in Japanese only.

Oh no. Since it's out now, I've been able to find this on the website:

*The main game and gallery screen (*Gallery) are in Japanese version.
*Other menu screens and ""How to play"" screens are in English.

Sounds like English doesn't extend to everything. A bit of a letdown but why let something like that stop us! Sure it'd skip our region entirely if they didn't think we're up to the task.

The 3DS Picross titles are all getting ported to Switch as part of one package, where each 3DS title is downloadable as DLC (including the previously JPN-only Picross e9!) :)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Here's a long overdue Wii U port for you...

Surprised it took so long TBH.