NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek50.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 50)

The fiftieth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

Check the article for the full roundup.

- - - - -

Thanks to @Josh64 for the recently posted articles, which include...

Another Code: Recollection is for sure a special thing, a resurrection of two great games which came from Cing. :peace:

• Thanks 1

I want to get my brother an eshop game for his birthday - is there anywhere that sells actual game codes?

1 hour ago, killthenet said:

I want to get my brother an eshop game for his birthday - is there anywhere that sells actual game codes?

Maybe not a code for a game, which I've seen sparingly. But you can get eShop vouchers from supermarkets

3 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Maybe not a code for a game, which I've seen sparingly. But you can get eShop vouchers from supermarkets

Yeah, I think that's what I'll have to do. Don't know why they ever got rid of the gifting feature they had on the Wii 

Edited by killthenet

@S.C.G This week FLEW by, I'm surprised I posted anything at all 😂

@killthenet I don't think so these days. What game is it you're after? There are quite a few 'code in box' games out there

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

@killthenet I don't think so these days. What game is it you're after? There are quite a few 'code in box' games out there

Yeah that is what I was going to say. You might be able to grab that, but if not you'll just have to get a gift voucher.

10 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

I see those online and it baffles me why they think I'd want a 50% physical product

10 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I see those online and it baffles me why they think I'd want a 50% physical product

They're not really for you, they're for grandparents buying gifts. And to improve visibility on store shelves without having to pay for a cartridge. 

1 hour ago, killthenet said:

I did have a look but it isn't even available as a code in a box 

Oh no, now I have this in my head.

• Haha 1

Just been looking at Arcade Archives and there's some cracking games on there now. Sunset Riders, Rod Land, Splatter House, Pole Position, Rolling Thunder, New Zealand Story...the list goes on. Kinda wish I hadn't looked at it now as it may become a problem for my wallet. :D

Well, this happened.

GB0FS1EW4AAJHUo?format=jpg&name=medium

I had some credit in both my eShop and PSN accounts and so snapped it up. I was gonna buy it on the Switch but each of these games cost an extra £1 on the eShop. Switch tax strikes again.

It was a short but sweet experience and gave me a break from Final Fantasy XVI. Playing it again took me back to my youth, playing it in the arcades at Blackpool whilst on holiday. If I do purchase anymore of these titles I image I'll get the same rush of nostalgia.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just been looking at Arcade Archives and there's some cracking games on there now. Sunset Riders, Rod Land, Splatter House, Pole Position, Rolling Thunder, New Zealand Story...the list goes on. Kinda wish I hadn't looked at it now as it may become a problem for my wallet. :D

Yeah, Hamster have really ramped up their efforts with Namco and Konami titles in particular over the past few months.  They have the arcade version of Gradius 3 as well!

If you like bollock hard Tetris as well? I highly recommend Tetris: The Grandmaster 1 & 2! :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek51.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 51)

The fifty-first week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Updates galore, new worlds to explore, removal of a game featuring gore, and some time-limited events, for everyone to ignore. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was released today.

It's got good reviews on Steam and the reviewer over on NintendoLife liked it a lot. For the sake of £4, I'm tempted to give it a whirl.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When talking about the history of RPGs, you can’t leave this one out - it’s a must-play!

A side-view action RPG released by Nihon Falcom in 1985, the player takes on the role of an adventurer to explore a total of 10 stages and ultimately defeat the King Dragon. Stores are placed on the map and monsters roam the streets, but monsters are finite and cease to appear once they are hunted down.

Combat uses a symbol-encounting system. When you come in contact with an enemy, the battle scene switches to the battlefield, where you fight using weapon attacks (body blows) and magic. Treasure chests appear when enemies are defeated, and items and money can be acquired.

In this game, the player character does not have a profession, but has two types of experience and levels: warrior and wizard, and can grow into either a warrior or wizard type depending on which type of character is used to defeat enemies. Weapons, armor, and magic also have experience values, and using the same items can result in increased effectiveness.

With domestic sales of 400,000 units (Japan), this PC game from the 1980s still holds a record that remains unbroken. It's difficult to find another title that truly embodies the term 'epoch-making' as well as this one!

*The main game and gallery screen (*Gallery) are in Japanese version.

*Other menu screens and ""How to play"" screens are in English.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/EGGCONSOLE-XANADU-PC-8801-PC-8801mkIISR-2498066.html

Absolutely blown away. :bowdown: 

• Thanks 3

That's super cool.  Great to see the original Xanadu make its way to Switch!

What I really want to see though is a Switch port of Super Mario Bros Special.  I've always wanted to play it, even though... no, especially because it's total garbo!

It's entierly possible! Project EGG consists of games from the PC8801, and that's the computer where SMBS originates from.  And Nintendo have licensed out their games before to Hamster for inclusion in the Arcade Archives series... so there IS precedent in place!

Edited by Dcubed

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek52.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 52)

The fifty-second week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Sonic's feeling trapped, Pokémon fans are getting zapped, icon choices have been capped, and a brand new game remains untapped. :D

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, S.C.G said:

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek52.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 52)

The fifty-second week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Sonic's feeling trapped, Pokémon fans are getting zapped, icon choices have been capped, and a brand new game remains untapped. :D

God, I didn't even realise it's Monday 😅 Christmas and New Year make things so confusing lol. Gathering news this week was like gathering the remaining Bounty chocolates out of a Celebrations tin, not great but just enough to fill the void. 

And oh my GOSH! Sammy, I loved your New Year article, it was so sweet (but also totally radical) 

I hope your 2024 is just as magical and eventful as this past one has been! 

Edited by Josh64
  • Thanks 1

Xanadu!? Bought!

Also picked up Ghost Trick in the New Years sale.

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek01.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 01)

The first week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

"Everybody's speakin', yet nobody talks, And everybody's shakin' and awalkin' that walk
Unspeakable treasures begin to unfold, From stayin' in the moment"
:peace:

• Like 1