N-Europe

Switch eShop Thread

Londragon

6 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Worth saying as I wouldn't have known otherwise. :p Is it necessary to have played the first? It looks good and the "magnetic gameplay" puzzles could be fun but it has metroidvania as a bullet point which gives me pause.

The first Teslagrad is a Metroidvania, yes, but mostly devoid of combat. It's very much a puzzle game first and foremost, just one where the puzzles are tucked away in traversable rooms, instead of separated by levels. The main character gains new moves/skills as the game goes on, too.

I admittedly do not remember how often you're meant to go back to previous locked doors, but I do remember the game being quite light on exploration, for something so structured like a Metroidvania.

Mind, I haven't played the sequel yet. And I will not take advantage of the discount, either, because I already bought it some time ago

• Like 1

I like how the modern version of Flashback does rewind. Depending on the difficulty, you get a certain amount of total rewind time to fall back on (on easy and normal it is per level, on hard it is for the entire game), and when you die it puts you straight into rewind mode with the option to go back to your last save. Very handy as it provides a way to keep going through clumsy deaths. 

54 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I like how the modern version of Flashback does rewind. Depending on the difficulty, you get a certain amount of total rewind time to fall back on (on easy and normal it is per level, on hard it is for the entire game), and when you die it puts you straight into rewind mode with the option to go back to your last save. Very handy as it provides a way to keep going through clumsy deaths. 

I could have done with that feature when I was a kid. I had it on the Amiga but I never got that far due to the difficulty. Still enjoyed playing it though.

On 9/10/2024 at 8:02 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

I see Tinykin is currently a little over a fiver on the eShop. It's the lowest price it has ever been. Well worth picking up, @darksnowman.

On 9/10/2024 at 8:53 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, although it's more of a platformer than a Pikmin clone. It's about 8-10 hours long if going for everything, otherwise you can finish it in about 5-6 hours.

Was going to get Tinykin and saw there's a demo so I've played it first. Thanks for putting it back on my radar—it's good fun. See what you mean about it being a platformer. The demo let's you play the first level. I've two questions:

- Can you do a manual save?
- Do you get the ability to "scan" for nectar (gold)? I got almost all of it in the first level and could do with some in-game help to sniff out the last 20ish pieces.

On 9/15/2024 at 1:15 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Can't remember if you can save manually. As for the gold, unfortunately you have to look for it yourself. Some of them are hidden very well. My first playthrough the game took a while due to trying to track them all down.

At the mercy of the autosave then. I think I skipped a few things when I ran out of red critters, but I surfed around the room again when it was time to leave and didn't spot anything. Is there a bonus for getting everything in each level?

10 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Here's a recently posted article...

See you next week! :peace:

End of summer drought. :blank: