Switch flaws... Problem or not?

So, I've had my Switch for a couple of weeks now so time to sum up the results:

• Controller desync problem
  • Poor Wifi connections
  • Straps getting stuck if put on the wrong joycon
  • Docks stratching screens
  • Dead pixels
  • Completely ruined screens

Luckily no problems with controller desyncing, dead pixels or ruined screens yet!

Poor wifi is an issue; I cannot play online or watch movies from the News section because it is not getting enough signal. My wifi signal is not the best but the Switch is worse than my smartphone for example. But even my phone often has trouble with streaming videos. So I ordered an access point; should fix it (also for my other devices)!

Dock scratching I don't see yet (only some stains where he rests in the dock). I did put on one of those god-awful screen protectors just in case (I hate applying these; mine has 2 small air bubbles which I can't get out. Luckily you don't notice them when the screen is on.

What I am missing most is software though. A good firmware update would be lovely, adding:

- Themes

- Background audio in the home menu

- Achievements

- Some general apps such as browser/Youtube/Netflix

- Never gonna happen but: Miiverse!

And maybe wifi can also be improved a little bit with a good firmware update.

No Dpad.

I've tried to play the neo Geo games but end up getting frustrated with no Dpad. Makes playing them much more difficult.

Release a joycon with a Dpad please Nintendo!!!

Release a joycon with a Dpad please Nintendo!!!

I'd gladly buy a Joy-Con with a proper d-pad but I think it'd cause too much confusion. It would pretty much stop the ability to use it as it's own controller.

Poor WiFi is by far my biggest issue with it. It's in the same room as my Xbox One which has nailed on 5 bars and will download stuff at around 40mb per second. When I use the Switch is struggles to stream a video!

Poor WiFi is by far my biggest issue with it. It's in the same room as my Xbox One which has nailed on 5 bars and will download stuff at around 40mb per second. When I use the Switch is struggles to stream a video!

Clearly this is why there are no video streaming services available for it. :D

Seriously though, the wifi is atrocious on the thing. I wonder if it's something that can be sorted via a patch or if it's a shoddy component they've used in the actually device?

Clearly this is why there are no video streaming services available for it. :D

Seriously though, the wifi is atrocious on the thing. I wonder if it's something that can be sorted via a patch or if it's a shoddy component they've used in the actually device?

I think some of the wifi issues can be fixed with software. It seems to have very aggressive wifi power saving going on, which is why sometimes it won't connect after it wakes up. But the range not being very good, that's likely hardware.

Got the left joycon back.... it's blue. They couldn't repair my red left joycon so they replaced it with a blue left one. Another phone call I have another package to send back to them to replace it with a red one. And they have me £15 E-shop code aswell.

Got the left joycon back.... it's blue. They couldn't repair my red left joycon so they replaced it with a blue left one. Another phone call I have another package to send back to them to replace it with a red one. And they have me £15 E-shop code aswell.

Without even asking/discussing? Pretty spectacular fuck-up for Nintendo imo, their customer service has always seemed so on point when I've dealt with them! Admittedly not for about 3/4 years now.

Does anyone know who it was here that got a Switch repair done and lost their entire Zelda save?

Without even asking/discussing? Pretty spectacular fuck-up for Nintendo imo, their customer service has always seemed so on point when I've dealt with them! Admittedly not for about 3/4 years now.

Does anyone know who it was here that got a Switch repair done and lost their entire Zelda save?

I think it was @ArtMediocre

So full story; rang them loads since I sent it off asking for updates. First they said it hadn't been received by them, I provided the tracking number proving it had been signed for on the 3rd April. This was the last week of April btw.

So weekly phone calls until last week when I was promised a manager would call me back, after no call back I phoned Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week with absolutely zero answers.

Thursday I get a text saying the item had been received and was being looked at. Then a text saying the Wii U was broken and it was £88.50 to repair and to contact them. Then a text again asking me to contact them.

Friday, my wife phones me saying that the blue joycon was back. I was like you sure it's blue? Because it used to be red.

So I ring nintendo on Friday afternoon. They're all like good news your controller will be sent out to you and you'll get it Monday. First I asked about the whole £88.50 wii U repair and he says that it's a standard message b cause the repairs aren't updated for the switch?!?

Then I inform him I have the controller and it should be red not blue, this is after they claimed that it had been repaired?

So done with Nintendo customer service. It's horrid.

Yeah @Hero\-of\-Time, i lost 105 hours of Zelda playtime. Didn't even get a notice from Nintendo. They told me the reason for not letting me know was that there was nothing they could do with the save anyway, so why tell me? This was the Scandinavian distributor though. Bergsala Sweden. I've heard they're not the best at customer service.

What is more odd is that after probably spending an additional 50 hours on my new Zelda save, the play time on. My profile page is still clocked at 105 hours. And my DLC-chests are nowhere to be found in the new save. I've contacted Nintendo of Europe directly about this, but have yet to recieve any reply.

Yeah @Hero\-of\-Time, i lost 105 hours of Zelda playtime. Didn't even get a notice from Nintendo. They told me the reason for not letting me know was that there was nothing they could do with the save anyway, so why tell me? This was the Scandinavian distributor though. Bergsala Sweden. I've heard they're not the best at customer service.

What is more odd is that after probably spending an additional 50 hours on my new Zelda save, the play time on. My profile page is still clocked at 105 hours. And my DLC-chests are nowhere to be found in the new save. I've contacted Nintendo of Europe directly about this, but have yet to recieve any reply.

Thought it was you mate. Didn't know about the latest stuff with it all - i was wondering cos I just wanted to ask if they offered anything like compo in shop credit etc?

Thought it was you mate. Didn't know about the latest stuff with it all - i was wondering cos I just wanted to ask if they offered anything like compo in shop credit etc?

Nah, nothing. Some compensation would've been nice, so I hope I get something now that I've contacted NoE directly.

On 12-5-2017 at 10:52 AM, Vileplume2000 said:

Poor wifi is an issue; I cannot play online or watch movies from the News section because it is not getting enough signal. My wifi signal is not the best but the Switch is worse than my smartphone for example. But even my phone often has trouble with streaming videos. So I ordered an access point; should fix it (also for my other devices)!

Dock scratching I don't see yet (only some stains where he rests in the dock). I did put on one of those god-awful screen protectors just in case (I hate applying these; mine has 2 small air bubbles which I can't get out. Luckily you don't notice them when the screen is on.

Since getting an access point I don't have any connection issues anymore. Shouldn't be since I can use 5Ghz channel and the dock is 0,5m from the access point, in handheld about 2 meters!

Dock scratching however gets worse. First I only saw some stains but now on the right side I see scratches. Luckily on the screenprotector so I'm thinking about upgrading that to a glass one (now it is a plastic one).

Anyone have any experience with sending back the dock only for warranty? I can go for a week or 2 in only handheld mode, but don't want to send in the full unit.