N-Europe

Westworld (TV series)

The Cape

Next one is the season finale already! Episode 9 was great, but there's one thing I don't get

ok more than one, but my question is: how can the present Dolores and the other man walk into the church? Didn't we see that it's buried? Are there three timelines then?

I also don't think that Bernard shot himself. Must've been able to trick that order somehow.

Really fantastic show. Unfortunately, someone passed on to me a theory about the story that they had read weeks ago, and it turned out to be right. They weren't intentionally spoiling it, but it was clearly unfolding that they were probably right so there was no surprise for me :/

I had a feeling

That Ford would program the hosts to have complete free will, seeing that he was being forced to stand down. My theory behind Dolores shooting Ford, he was the only one whom could control them so kill him and they can't be stopped. And Bernard was modeled on Arnold, interesting again. And the Man in Black was William all along, i'd have never thought that. But i started putting 2 and 2 together when the Man in Black started telling Dolores about what happened to William's story, and then it kicked in.

Overall, what a cracking season. It's a shame it's over, but hey ho.

Wow what a fantastic show!

Only just ventured into this thread, as i've been one or two episodes behind the whole time, and spoiler tags don't work, so i didn't want to ruin it.

Just amazing the whole time. Going through reading some of the cooler theories on Reddit now - people guessed a lot of them!

I actually worked out that someone human was going to be revealed as a host, but didn't guess it to be Bernard until it happened. I read on Reddit that Bernard Lowe is actually an anagram of Arnold Weber, which is awesome.

I worked out that Delores was possibly Wyatt quite early on as well, but wasn't sure why, or how.

Really want to go and watch the whole series again now, knowing what happened etc, try and spot some hints and clues. I kind of don't want there to be a season 2 though, even though i loved it, as i don't actually care what happens next, i'd rather just have it as a one season wonder.

Does anyone know what Felix meant when they saw the Samurai hosts and says 'it's complicated'. Was that something that was explained and i missed? Or was it just a future storyline or something?

Does anyone know what Felix meant when they saw the Samurai hosts and says 'it's complicated'. Was that something that was explained and i missed? Or was it just a future storyline or something?

What he means is that there is more than one "world", Westworld just being one of them. You may notice that when they walk through the doors, the logo is different from the Westworld one. This one seems to say SW, which I assume means something like Samurai World.

Also, Felix gives her the location of her "daughter", which says Park 1 Sector 13 or something, so this implies that there are multiple parks with different themes, not just this one.

Well that doesn't sound very complicated...he could have just said that.

It wasn't really an appropriate moment and it was pretty obvious to the audience :P

They've already plotted out a five-season story so there's plenty more to come.

Next one is the season finale already! Episode 9 was great, but there's one thing I don't get

ok more than one, but my question is: how can the present Dolores and the other man walk into the church? Didn't we see that it's buried? Are there three timelines then?

I also don't think that Bernard shot himself. Must've been able to trick that order somehow.

Do you remember Ford excavating the old site for his new narrative? That was the town where the hosts were first introduced (first timeframe) The time frame with the younger William where the church was buried was the second, and the present timeframe with the excavated old town and the Man in Black/old William is the third.

Just finished the season as well, that was a good finale!

Do you remember Ford excavating the old site for his new narrative? That was the town where the hosts were first introduced (first timeframe) The time frame with the younger William where the church was buried was the second, and the present timeframe with the excavated old town and the Man in Black/old William is the third.

Thanks! I got things mixed up a bit in episode 9

Well that doesn't sound very complicated...he could have just said that.

Which might be the case if he wasn't speaking to three people who didn't really understand their own existence at that point, nevermind probably having never heard of or seen Samurais before.

Which might be the case if he wasn't speaking to three people who didn't really understand their own existence at that point, nevermind probably having never heard of or seen Samurais before.

I suppose, but they seemed to take everything else in their stride.

I just thought those two lines of dialogue seemed a bit clumsy and unnecessary. They could have just stumbled into Samurai World, and the audience could have worked out that it was another park.

Edited by Shorty
spoiler tags

I did not see that William twist coming! That left me shocked and I now want to rewatch the season again knowing what I know now.

I'm hopeful for season 2. The first season was clearly about establishing the lore of this world and I'm excited to see where it goes from here.

I have to say that the usage of music in this is fantastic. I knew this would be fantastic after hearing Black Hole Sun so early on in the series.

Yeah, it's great viewing. I didn't feel that there were any or many standout episodes. It's strange. There's not one episode where I think back and say to myself, "that was a MAJOR episode" or stuff. But, the quality is consistently high. I wouldn't say that there's a meh episode, either.

Curious to see where they go from here.

Just watched Episode 7...

Usually, I'm quite good at figuring out plot twists before they happen, but with this series I had/have soooo many ideas and soooo many theories that I completely missed this.

As soon as Bernard asked "What door?" I almost slapped myself for not seeing this earlier... :laughing:

Incredible show. Will watch the remaining episodes today. It's so gripping.

Edit: Episode 8...

Ok, now I'm pretty sure I'm one step ahead. My theory: the older guy who's been travelling with Teddy for quite some time now is William. The older guy's reaction to the blond lady in the end may have given it away ("I thought you might have been retired"; she's the one who introduced William when he first arrived)...wouldn't be surprised that we're seeing two timelines:

1) Young William and Dolores

2) Old William and his journey

Now it's time for the Christmas dinner with my mom but after that it'll be right back to the remaining two episodes :D

Edit: I knew it! :D Ha, there's only so much the show could hide from me :laughing:

What an incredible series. Perfect pacing, great story, impeccable acting, audiovisually captivating...

Can't wait to see what's next.

Edited by drahkon
Automerged Doublepost

I finished watching this series a couple of nights ago and i absolutely loved it!

My friends and family are still watching it and its killing me not being able to talk about it to them!

So for people who have seen all of season 1...

Contains HUGE spoilers for season 1, so don't click if you are still watching!

In the room where Bernard killed Theresa - there was a host in the process of being printed and in later scenes nothing was their. As Bernard is a young version of Arnold, my guess is that the host being printed was a young version of Dr Ford.