NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

HAAALLOWWEEEEEENNN

Propa to Captain Holt for the inspiration of the title.

So, that spooky night where parents stand at the end of driveways, giving their kids their first taste of independence, where girls dress up as anything which has suddenly been made a tighter fit and showing considerably more cleavage than the original (no complaints) approaches.

How be y'all celebrating dem hallows eves season this year? On the Sat is the end of GameCity so I'll be out for Marioke but shall also be reviving my Jareth costume. I've invested in a money belt and one of those armband things to hold my phone under my costume.

On the actual evening I'll be hiding in the spare room gamings whilst Kelly shall be giving out sweets.

GO.

Nada, zip, zilch. The big goose egg.

Never been of interest and my mother's birthday the following day often means I'm back at home anyway.

Nothing in particular, working until 7, hopefully home just after 8 and then I'll be watching this...

;)

MurderPartyBScover.jpg

Murder Party by Jeremy Saulnier as I'd recently watched his other two films, Blue Ruin and Green Room so I wanted to find out what his first film's like. :smile:

It just so happens to be set at Halloween time as well, so I figured it'd be perfect. :D

I may also play some Resident Evil or something as well, see how the evening goes. : peace:

I usually do something, but this year nobody is doing anything and my girlfriend refuses fancy dress so i can't convince her to go anywhere - had an awesome plague doctor costume idea too

I miss dressing up at Halloween. We use to get really into it, but we just don't have the time anymore.

This popped up on my Facebook this morning, possibly one of my best costumes.

978ed882eced8658fa6dc387f74e8dec.jpg

I'm going as the Joker (Heath Ledger, of course) in the nurse outfit. The official Joker costume just looks so tacky and it's easier to make it look good in the nurse costume, plus it's easier to go to the bathroom- just need to lift!

That's if it actually shows up. The first one I ordered (the better one) got sent to my old address by mistake so I need to blag it at the sorting office tomorrow. The back up, £10 one, is due today from Amazon but I'm going out for an hour soon and no doubt it will arrive then.

Got a party at work tomorrow night, will need to speak in English as well as the rest of the staff but I'm being dragged into doing a costume.

I think I've got the stuff I'll need, but it'll go horrible wrong. For reference, here's an image of what I'm going to attempt to do, it's a silicon creature from Blame

14716313_10157596448015720_8448597475784855618_n.jpg?oh=fdcf5235c5ca9d3ddbc24813d8a52d00&oe=589E1CD1

Normally don't bother with Halloween but some people at work are putting up a party and have forced me to go. I'm going dressed as Pablo Escobar ha!

I'll be working all day and the following day so no real plans. Every year I toy with the idea of being Tobias Funke, all blued and nevernude.

That is fucking awesome @Shorty... but your Data is reminding me of a different Trek character but I can't put my finger on it... I've got Suter from Voyager in my head but I don't think it's him...

My Jareth make-up artist has buckled on me. So I've had to take it upon myself to do my own eye make-up. Did a trial run last night. I think I did alright for the basic black and white design. Shall try a bit of yellow/purple blending before going out tonight. Watch Labyrinth earlier for a bit of last minute character inspiration.

My in-laws usually do a Halloween party but they're not having one this year so I don't think we'll be doing very much on Monday night!

My son is 6 months old so we took him to his first fireworks display last night, not that he had any idea what was going on :heh: I used to love fireworks when I was younger but I find it a bit boring now, if I'm honest..

That is fucking awesome @Shorty... but your Data is reminding me of a different Trek character but I can't put my finger on it... I've got Suter from Voyager in my head but I don't think it's him...

My Jareth make-up artist has buckled on me. So I've had to take it upon myself to do my own eye make-up. Did a trial run last night. I think I did alright for the basic black and white design. Shall try a bit of yellow/purple blending before going out tonight. Watch Labyrinth earlier for a bit of last minute character inspiration.

I'd say he does look like Suder from Voyager

Picture-115.png

Or Reg Barkley? (lots of trek)

shipinabottle175.jpg

I'm going to be doing the usual which is a movie marathon of Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Ghostbusters and any scary movie. My marathons last until about 3 or 4am. I enjoy them. I don't know whether my gym will be doing something during the fitness classes. I've heard they might be. If they break out in a Thriller dance, I will actually lose my shit.

Today, I dressed up at work. An associate was a cat, my manager was a witch and I dressed as a zombie (I wanted to go as Negan but couldn't find a cheap leather jacket in time) and made 4 people jump and I did sponsored walks for Children in Need. It was great fun. Basically, the idea came from a customer who asked if I would walk with her to the shops to get reactions and she said she'd donate £2 if I did it so I did. Made about a tenner.

Cv_urGcVUAA42_T.jpg

Kylo Ren. It's always fun when there are a lot of kids around. They're not big on Star Wars here though, so I got lots of 'Who the hell are you?' looks.

That's a good costume! Thought it would be recognised anywhere!

That is fucking awesome @Shorty ... but your Data is reminding me of a different Trek character but I can't put my finger on it... I've got Suter from Voyager in my head but I don't think it's him...

Yeah he wouldn't put facepaint on! Miserable git :p

Pretty proud of the rank pins made of paper fasteners, and comms badges made out of polystyrene pizza bases and gold/silver sharpies though!

Also I was the only one who had a collar and properly sewed* my tops together.

* girlfriend sewed with sewing machine

Edited by Shorty

My mother is from Ireland so Halloween was instilled into me at an early age. When I was young (showing my age) buying a pumpkin was difficult to buy so I had to carve out a turnip or swede which is a lot harder to make a lantern from.

Nowadays Halloween has lost most of it's true meaning and become something else as with most celebrations. I've got friends in Japan who know almost nothing about Halloween but are happy to celebrate it.

My Halloween this year was low key with a few decorations and watched a few horror films.

As I heard about a week ago on TV, Halloween and to a lesser extent now Bonfire night are the starting pistols for Christmas. (Unless you are a keen QVC channel view then the countdown towards Christmas started back in June.)