NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Bioshock: The Collection (PS4/One/PC)

September 13 :)

If you missed these games last generation, oh wow. You are in for the biggest treat I can imagine (perhaps just short of a Mass Effect remake). @Fierce_LiNk did you play Bioshock?

Edited by Shorty

Always wanted to reply Bioshock, now i can without digging out the 360.

If you missed these games last generation, oh wow. You are in for the biggest treat I can imagine (perhaps just short of a Mass Effect remake). @Fierce_LiNk did you play Bioshock?

He didn't. He was going to have a crack at them via PS Now but I advised against it as this has been heavily rumoured to be coming this year for a while now.

I have never finished Bioshock...Think I started it 5 or 6 times and stopped for no particular reason.

I own it on PC and PS3...think I'll get this collection somewhere down the line when it's cheap.

Absolutely loved Bioshock: Infinite and can't want to play it again. This time including the DLC :)

The Infinite DLC was astounding, but I'd advise you to finish the first game before you play it!

I've never heard of it. What's the deal with it? Any good?

Don't look anything up. Just trust us and play it.

Sounds like if you already own Bioshock 1 or 2 on PC then you'll get the remastered version/s for free.

Bloody hell Blade!!! To echo Daft, just get it!

I third Daft's message @Blade, don't look it up, pre-order this collection now :D

Although never having heard of Bioshock, that's... a huge surprise :p To me you might as well say you've never heard of Metal Gear Solid or Diablo or something.

He didn't. He was going to have a crack at them via PS Now but I advised against it as this has been heavily rumoured to be coming this year for a while now.

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f37766a4f326d462e676966

I envy you Flink.

Hero is right. I was going to play this on NOW, but I decided to wait for this collection.

It better be worth eeet. *shakes fist*

I have never finished Bioshock...Think I started it 5 or 6 times and stopped for no particular reason.

Yeah, me too, for some reason (though for me 3-4 times). Also for no particular reason, though the floaty mouse didn't help.

I may be interested in this. I never finished 1, never bothered with 2 (for some reason expected it not to be canon at the time, and definitely not at the same level), and haven't gotten around to Infinity yet. Plus it may fix the few technical problem of Bioschock 1, because I believe it doesn't work on Windows 7 anymore? I'm pretty sure I've already tried to re-install and play it, but it didn't work, though I'd also swear I've gotten it to work on Windows 7 before. Visually I think the game still looks fine, sure it's outdated, but not in a way that detracts from the gameplay experience.

That said, I think I'd prefer to try to find a retail copy of Infinity, and get Bioshock 2 digitally.. Though I don't know if I'll be able to get the updates to Bioshock 1 that way, it's a retail copy.

Think I'll try to re-install it tonight to check whether it works or not.

Edited by Sméagol

Ehhhhh. I still think System Shock 2 was a much stronger game than Bioshock. Bioshock felt like a reimagined SS2 honestly, still good fun though I've played through it twice.

Never saw a point to the sequel and never had any desire to play it (though I heard the multiplayer was actually quite well done even if relatively ignored). I wonder if the MP portion will make it into this collection since that would mean setting up netcode and all that jazz.

Infinite was the cream of the crop and one of my GotYs for that year. 2012 right? It, Dishonored, and Sleeping Dogs dominated my fall that year. It has some issues people complain about but I honestly find the issues to be such niggling points to whine over.

I'm so fucking excited for this. One of the few games I've completed three or four times.

I bought Bioshock 1 on 360 but never played it. I remember both games were very highly reviewed, so I'll have a bit of this. Starting to get tired of Last of Us after 2 years.

Looks like they've put in some decent effort to spruce things up, it's certainly enough for me to have taken notice and be considering plonking for this. Only completed the first one bit missed out bits of it here and there because my brother and I would take it in turns, even then I loved it but at least this time I'll get to see it all myself.

Played bits of the second and Infinite but I wasn't too keen on the former and didn't spend enough time with the latter to really get a gist of things. At least I'm eager to play Infinite properly, not too sure about 2 but maybe it'll click a bit better a second time around.

This came along quickly :D Anyone picked it up? @Blade !

I want it but right now can't justify it, might put it on my Christmas list!

Launch trailer

Edited by Shorty

The Steam updates for my copies should be ready to download tonight when I get home so I'm gonna update then. Quite looking forward to playing them.