N-Europe

PS4 Pro

Happenstance

Wow mine is still being prepared...

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_ratchet_clank_on_ps4_pro-18526_en.html

Video of Ratchet and Clank on the Pro in 1080p. It is downscaled.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_rise_of_the_tomb_raider_ps4_pro_tech_video-18523_en.html

Tomb Raider in 4K. Comes with several modes. Apparently hard to tell difference from native 4K on PC.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish someone with a PSVR and a Pro could talk through the improvements. I sort of hope it isn't too big....

One person on Gaf said everything was a lot clearer. Waiting to hear more impressions. I'm also kinda hoping the improvements aren't very noticeable.

Which VR games have received a Pro profile?

If it's any of the games that I have, I can give it a try and see what's changed.

Quite a few of them have Pro patches. Ones I can remember are:

Thumper

VR Worlds

Batman

Bound

Rigs

Robinson

Not sure if all the Pro patches are out yet (I know people have said Thumper and VR Worlds are) But most games are meant to have a Pro patch.

Quite a few of them have Pro patches. Ones I can remember are:

Thumper

VR Worlds

Batman

Bound

Rigs

Robinson

Not sure if all the Pro patches are out yet (I know people have said Thumper and VR Worlds are) But most games are meant to have a Pro patch.

I have Batman, so I'll give that a whirl now... Well once the PS4 transfer has finished.

I have Batman, so I'll give that a whirl now... Well once the PS4 transfer has finished.

Stolen from Gaf...

Confirmed VR titles getting updates so far:

DRIVECLUB VR

PlayStation VR Worlds

RIGS Mechanized Combat League

The Playroom VR

Thumper

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

Bound

Rez Infinite

Battlezone

Trackmania Turbo VR

Robinson: The Journey (On disc)

Eve Valkyrie

Tumble

Eagle Flight (On disc)

The Assembly (Compatible since launch)

Tethered

Stolen from Gaf...

Ah so Batman VR hasn't been updated. Well I gave it a go anyway, must be the placebo effect because the edges of the screen didn't seem as blurry.

DriveClub VR will have to wait until the weekend now :(

Tracking is still terrible. I wonder if it's because I'm using Gen 1 camera.

Ah so Batman VR hasn't been updated. Well I gave it a go anyway, must be the placebo effect because the edges of the screen didn't seem as blurry.

DriveClub VR will have to wait until the weekend now :(

Tracking is still terrible. I wonder if it's because I'm using Gen 1 camera.

I'm using an older camera as well and my tracking is fine - I've had next to no issues. On the first day I did though, I didn't realised direct sunlight would interfere with the tracking. Shut the blinds and I was fine.

Not sure Driveclub VR has that big of a difference. Apparently others do though. I haven't got PS4Pro, so can't corroborate.

Yeah no delivery from Amazon. Big fail.

Still says it is coming today...

edit: Now Tomorrow. 'Delay due to external factors'. The worst thing you can do is over promise and under deliver. I can see their gaming section still has horrific delivery.

edit2: How the hell do you contact them when they mess up? Everything points to please dont complain about late delivery.

edit3: Left message and cancelled all my pre orders with them.

Edited by Choze

Tomb Raider in the upscaled 4K looks...

Really bloody superb. The 'Enriched' graphics mode doesn't seem to make that big a difference but since I don't really know what the game is meant to look like I'm not sure what is added or missing. The 60fps option is nice too, but I'm one of the three people in the world that thinks it makes the characters feel a little weightless in third-person games.

Trackmania Turbo looks super crisp too, in 4K.

The new 4K screenshots are nice too. Haven't tried video capture yet.

I've just installed Deus Ex and The Last of Us so I'll give those a whirl tomorrow.

Now I just need Overwatch to get a 4K patch. Plz Blizzard.

Tomb Raider in the upscaled 4K looks...

Really bloody superb. The 'Enriched' graphics mode doesn't seem to make that big a difference but since I don't really know what the game is meant to look like I'm not sure what is added or missing. The 60fps option is nice too, but I'm one of the three people in the world that thinks it makes the characters feel a little weightless in third-person games.

Trackmania Turbo looks super crisp too, in 4K.

The new 4K screenshots are nice too. Haven't tried video capture yet.

I've just installed Deus Ex and The Last of Us so I'll give those a whirl tomorrow.

Now I just need Overwatch to get a 4K patch. Plz Blizzard.

Sounds good. I can give impressions for several games once it arrives... There screens now popping up elsewhere. Kind of amazing how reviewers could not be arsed to do pictures. But were happy making compressed youtube vids and asking for donations.

Not sure if Blizzard will? Certainly not hard i imagine give that its 1080p 60fps on PS4 and it runs well on pc's. COD is amazing looking as it is on PS4 right now too and that has one of the best 4K modes.

Amazon gave a £7.99 refund. As if that helps. If it does not arrive by 6pm the order will be cancelled. I can live without Prime anyhow if they do not deliver items as promised.

Edited by Choze

Sounds like an unlucky break for you Choze. But if Amazon habitually do it to you makes sense to drop Prime.

My Pro arrived well before I got home. I unboxed real quick and after reading Dafts post of transferring taking hours I decided to put it off until today. My console said 60 minutes, and the actual transfer screen says 371GB- 120minutes remaining.

So just how much were you transferring @Daft ?

Also I think I'm really going to need to delve into my TVs settings to make sure I'm getting the best possible picture. HDR and 4K and such all. I already got a notification that I might not have the best color settings and may need to adjust my TV to see if supported resolutions change. (Currently YUV420)

Annnd just read up on it. No passthrough support so I need to plug it into my TV directly. Easy enough fix.