NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart League 2016

I figured it was just me, but my net connection test showed a pretty good connection! :)

Ok. Everyone join RedShell

he's still not showing up as being online for me...

Seems like it may have been my wiiu. I can't get back on and it says it can't find my wireless network. I'll rejoin when I can.

Damn, this is today.

That was fun. It took me few races to get used to the procontroller, but I love playing on it.

@RedShell, about Dragon Driftway. Not even remotely sorry.

I don't know what it is about SNES Rainbow Road, but I always do so well on 200cc compared to 150cc. Maybe it's the bike I use, but I take ridiculous lines and it almost always works out. I manage to actually look professional there.

Tough night for me with my poor connection and the wiiu not wanting to play. I'll have to take a look at why it might be doing that.

As for the races, got a few good ones in but mainly got stuck in the pack.

I don't have the results for GP2 as I didn't make the last race. And GP1 I missed the second.

@RedShell, about Dragon Driftway. Not even remotely sorry.
Nor should you be, you know I wouldn't hesitate to do the same (or worse :heh:) to you.

Having said that, I did totally let you off the hook on one race, where I had triple red shells on the final lap in 2nd place and you were in 1st. A very rare occurrence of me playing Mario Kart defensively. :hehe:

I don't know what it is about SNES Rainbow Road, but I always do so well on 200cc compared to 150cc. Maybe it's the bike I use, but I take ridiculous lines and it almost always works out. I manage to actually look professional there.
Yeah, not to take anything away from your skillz, but it's definitely the bike you use. ;) In the right hands that setup is pretty much MKWii levels of unbalanced against a kart. :laughing:

I don't have the results for GP2 as I didn't make the last race. And GP1 I missed the second.
Oh. :hmm:

I'll see if I can grab the results from MKTV at some point then.

So, who's IN for more Player's Choice shenanigans this week? :hehe:

The IN! list:

= always IN!

1. punio75
  2. Brian58
  3. BowserBasher
  4. RedShell
  5. Wii
  6. S.C.G
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
  12. ?

@BowserBasher, you OK to host again?

: peace:

Edited by RedShell

So, who's IN for more Player's Choice shenanigans this week? :hehe:

The IN! list:

= always IN!

1. punio75
  2. Brian58
  3. BowserBasher
  4. RedShell
  5. Wii
  6. ?
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
  12. ?

@BowserBasher, you OK to host again?

Yep. I'll have a go. I'll reset the router and modem before I start too.

There's a chance I might not be able to make it tonight now, so yeah, don't bother waiting for me if I'm not online by 8.

Either way, hope it all goes smoothly this week.

Finally having a good GP and in the last race I stop for 2-3 seconds after the 2nd lap, because thought it was over......

Was some fun races. Great night for me. Some one had the greatest throw of the night by hitting me on the head with a banana on Royal Raceway.

Was some fun races. Great night for me. Some one had the greatest throw of the night by hitting me on the head with a banana on Royal Raceway.

Now that you mention it, I have a feeling that might have been me. :blush:

Just after that first sweeping left corner? I ended up chucking one into the sign which rebounded, while the other two went quite far into the distance, someone would need to check the replay data to be sure though. :smile:

I can't believe I went from second to practically last on Baby Park after chucking a Bob-omb at the finishing line, hits the sign... Boom! Absolute carnage. :p

It was a good night though for such a low turnout. :)

Glad to hear it was a fun session last week. :)

I'm back for tonight's races! :bouncy:

I guess there's not much point in me posting the IN! list anymore though, seeing as we're currently doing Player's Choice and never get anywhere near to 12 players these days anyway. :hehe:

So yeah, see you at 8pm!

Room is open.

Do people still want the results posted? Is anyone actually calculating the scored.

I could have played tonight but comepletely forgot... :/

Hi guys, might not be back from London in time on Thursday, will try my best

Opening the room as normal for tonight's games. Let's see if we can get as many people as last week.

Oh well, might as well enjoy this as much as I can before Mario Kart Switch goes backwards with it's two item slots and completely ruin the best thing Mario Kart 8 bought to the series...

I know I said it before but I HATE that they're bringing that back. Races are gonna be as one-sided as the Wii version again...

Oh well, might as well enjoy this as much as I can before Mario Kart Switch goes backwards with it's two item slots and completely ruin the best thing Mario Kart 8 bought to the series...

I know I said it before but I HATE that they're bringing that back. Races are gonna be as one-sided as the Wii version again...

Well, not quite... If you can't hold items behind you, then it'll be more like Double Dash than MKWii. DD wasn't so bad for that... certainly nowhere near as bad as MKWii.

Everyone was really positive about the change with MK8, so I reckon that they'll put some effort into balancing it.

Mostly I'm just hoping that we finally get a proper battle mode like in MK64/MKDS!