Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Twilight Princess HD (4th March)

Hogge

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One slight issue I have with Nintendo's price model is that their games can go from "full price" to "out of print and expensive" without any stage in between. It's usually best to buy at launch. However, in the case of games like Pikmin 3, it's easy to see how many people weren't ready to buy it at launch (because they didn't have a Wii U), and so I can't help but think gradual price reductions like most games would be a good idea.

Back to Twilight Princess HD, how many will be purchasing it on release providing it's £30 - £40 and who will be waiting or not purchasing it at all?

Yeah, I'll get it at that price. I really want it.

On the other hand, if it's going to be full price, it's even harder to see why it isn't as extensive a remake as OOT, MM and WW. Personally, I'd much rather pay £40 for a great remake than £20 for a minimal up-rez.

If we're talking value for money - I think a good comparison is with FFX HD remaster. Two games in one package with a remixed soundtrack - IIRC it retailed at about £29.99(?).

I'll probably not get this if it's full priced. Can't understand how this can be the same price as WW HD.

It's a shame, they had a Wii U TP inspired HD demo as far back as 2011 - why not use that as a base for a full HD remake?

Interesting discussion on NVC this week, with Jose pointing out that Zelda seems to be Nintendo's franchise of choice for remakes/remasters. How about giving some of that love to Mario Sunshine or F-Zero GX?

For once, Greg had me in stitches on RFN. They were discussing the game game and Greg said how he was disappointed that the boxart doesn't have 'From the creators of Funky Barn' on the front. :D

Nice new box-art

22960804372_e2e753577d_o.jpg

Nice spoilers on the front of the box for those who haven't played it. :heh:

Nice spoilers on the front of the box for those who haven't played it. :heh:

Ganondorf being there is definitely spoileriffic.

But at least if you've kept an eye on Hyrule Warriors, Twili Midna shouldn't be a big surprise.

Still not a great choice of box art. Spoilers should always be avoided.

Reminds me of this little fiasco...

DSC00420+%5B800x600%5D.JPG

That was the cover for the limited edition version of Wind Waker in the UK for the Gamecube.

Now bear in mind that before the game launched, we had absolutely no idea that Ganondorf was in the game in any way shape or form, nor Zelda herself for that matter...

... yeah... that one was even worse :laughing:

The Japanese boxart is better, although still spoilery, but this is probably the box art we'll get.

81PiPyFiYmL._SL1131_.jpg

That's much nicer. Still not as good as the original though, because spoilers. I hope we get that one.

And lol at the Wind Waker case, I didn't even know that existed!

Good thing too! Because that fight was awesome! Still is.

Well, the final WW battle had much more to it than that... It was only the final blow where you have to use the Parry Attack; the rest was pretty damn engaging! Dodging, blocking, getting the angle right for the light arrows etc...

Oh, whoops. Spoilers! ;)

Yeah the Wind Waker final boss is my favourite of the whole series, just brilliant.

An issue I have with Twilight Princess is that you never actually see or speak to Ganondorf until the very end, when you're about to fight him, so the drama is far less than in say OOT, MM or WW where you build a relationship as the game goes on. Skyward Sword managed it well with Ghirahim, but the final, final fight lacks any kind of meaningful drama for the same reason. It makes me wonder whether Ganon was thrown into the game at the last minute, certainly seems that way.

Yeah the Wind Waker final boss is my favourite of the whole series, just brilliant.

An issue I have with Twilight Princess is that you never actually see or speak to Ganondorf until the very end, when you're about to fight him, so the drama is far less than in say OOT, MM or WW where you build a relationship as the game goes on. Skyward Sword managed it well with Ghirahim, but the final, final fight lacks any kind of meaningful drama for the same reason. It makes me wonder whether Ganon was thrown into the game at the last minute, certainly seems that way.

It definitely does remind me of Starfox Adventures final "twist appearence", but nowhere near as bad.

That game's ending is so horrifically unsatisfying, it's kinda comical in it's own weird, deluded way.

I always thought that was the case. While I enjoyed the various forms and stages of the final fight ( something that was lacking in WW ), it certainly lacked that meaningful relationship.

Despite my not really liking the game, I actually did enjoy the final battle in Skyward Sword. The whole thing very very epic.

I always thought that was the case. While I enjoyed the various forms and stages of the final fight ( something that was lacking in WW ),

Surely you jest, Wind Waker had some great forms of Ganon! Puppet, Spider and Snake Ganon are some of my favourites in the whole series.

Despite my not really liking the game, I actually did enjoy the final battle in Skyward Sword. The whole thing very very epic.

Very epic but not much meaning behind it all IMO. Not a battle that will stick with me in years to come, unlike the ones from the other four 3D games.

I never really classed that as part of the same battle. For me, Puppet Ganon is a different boss altogether.

So what forms does Twilight Princess have then? If you don't count puppet, spider and snake Ganon as part of the same thing then you can't count possessed Zelda and beast Ganon from TP.

So what forms does Twilight Princess have then? If you don't count puppet, spider and snake Ganon as part of the same thing then you can't count possessed Zelda and beast Ganon from TP.

I can and I do. Beast Ganon is the same Ganon that you fight all throughout the various stages, just like Ganondorf and Ganon are the same in OOT but Phantom Ganon isn't.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!