N-Europe

IGN Community is an absolute wreck..

demonmike04

I feel more luckier than ever comparing communities the other day, but one stuck out like a sore thumb.

I was on IGN forums, and I couldnt believe how narrow-minded and incredibly stupid the people are on the forums. The way they treat each other is absolutely pathetic.

One step out of line, and you get insulted. And by one step out of line, its the small mistakes (an argument actualy started over a spelling mistake). What makes it worse is that they even mis-use the word noob. Any one unfamiliar with the word, heres were it came from. It was a different way of spelling newb, which is a shortened version of the word newbie which describes some one new to a certain activity.

Also, its very common fanboys to argue on there, but rarely here. Some idiots decide to go start a meaningless post on a rival board just to try prove a point which is non-exsistant. So what if Halo beats Mario, in the end its all down to opinion, there is no fact.

I realy hope IGN is full of kids, if its grown people doing this crap its totally whacked and wait til the generation learns from there actions and treat the real world like this.

Please note i am not basing this on all of IGN's members, but just mentioning how it is no longer a community.

Sounds a lot like NoE forums to me. There is nothing but spam and a small group of people who all lick each others' asses (aswell as their own) aswell sa the annoying sony fanboy who sets EVERYONE off at arguing. This community however is well moderated and the people have sence.

It reminds me of another forum I used to visit. The staffmembers there all know eachother and only stick up for themselves. Every new member that arrives there will (very) soon find themselves in trouble with the staff, and in 95 % of the cases, it´s actually a staffmember that´s wrong.

A very unfriendly forum indeed.

As the IGN forum reminds me of this one, I certainly won´t visit that place.

It reminds me of another forum I used to visit. The staffmembers there all know eachother and only stick up for themselves. Every new member that arrives there will (very) soon find themselves in trouble with the staff, and in 95 % of the cases, it´s actually a staffmember that´s wrong.

A very unfriendly forum indeed.

As the IGN forum reminds me of this one, I certainly won´t visit that place.

That isn't by any chance the ASCUK forums is it?

It's cos i run a tight but pleasant ship. :)

But yes we do have a really nice community here compared to a lot of forums i have seen and i think mainly it's because a lot of us have been here together for 2,3-4 years or so and click as a group. We also are very welcoming to new members and encourage them to post unlike other forums where members rip newbie's to shreads.

We also now have a good balance of Admins and Moderators here that works really well and has made the forum community even better.

But of course we wouldnt have such a good community without all you fantastic members sticking around.

/suck up