NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Bananagrabber

What magazines do you read?

I get Computer Buyer for weird legacy reasons, it's got thinner and more expensive in recent years, which blows. It's on subscription.

That's the only thing I have on subscription; if I want to read magazines I'll stand in WHSmiths blocking the isles.

i used to buy NOM every month but only buy it now and again...and sometimes i get gamestm or EDGE if they have something inside them i wanna read about but i dont get them monthly.

i try to get NME every week but sometimes dont manage to but i guess thats the one magazine i always like to read.

and on the odd occasion i get the old nuts/zoo and sometimes loaded or FHM for a perv, especially if the hollyoaks girls are featuring.

I usually read Nintendo Power, even though it's full of a bunch of bias, repetitive nerds who don't know anything about gaming.

I occassionally read other mags like EGM when I can.

I subscribe to Neo, dnt read any other magazines at the moment

My girlfriend is the deputy editor of that. :)

Anyway, apart frmo Neo, the other other magaznies I read are NOM and NGC.

I don't buy any anymore.

I used to subscribe to N64/NGC about 2 or so years ago but realised that every issue I was rereading what I had read on the internet.

I religiously buy Hyper, and i used to buy Cube, EGM, Nintendo Gamer and a heap of other game magazines. I also get PC mags every now and then.

I used to buy Hyper, but now I buy EDGE. I think the articles are a much higher quality :D Costs me $15 Australian a month to import it though.

GamesTM and sometimes Edge, but mainly only in the shop, because i wouldnt waste my money on it. Ever again.

For print-based magazines I only buy 'EDGE', but online I also read 'The Escapist'.

I used to buy loads of magazines, but now I siphon off that extra cash in to buying actual games rather than just reading about them.

I've got a pretty single-track mind.

I don't buy any anymore.

I used to subscribe to N64/NGC about 2 or so years ago but realised that every issue I was rereading what I had read on the internet.

This is so true, and why i just read the mags in store nowadays!

I tend to buy magazines when im bored. They tend to be focused upon TV and such (not like listings but stuff like SFX etc). Bought two copies of Entertainment Weekly over in America and it was good, wish it came out here.

GamesTM is simply a must on subscription as it levels out at 2 quid per magazine which is a truely fantastic price and with GamesTM just reeks of highend class and articles/features that are unavailable on teh Internet.

Oh and NGC but that is simply a habit as I have bene buying since the glory N64 days.

Used to get NOM anymore, but stopped when saving for a trip to america, which got cancelled due to 9/11, after that I just never bothered getting them anymore. And now I don't really get any mags to read. I did get 1 issue of Cube, but that was just for the Splinter Cell demo really.

I used to read pretentious bollocks like EDGE and The Escapist, but then I realised that they were bollocks and stopped.

[EDIT] Forgot GamesTM, which is similarly bollocks, except more bollocks than the rest.

I tend to buy magazines when im bored. They tend to be focused upon TV and such (not like listings but stuff like SFX etc). Bought two copies of Entertainment Weekly over in America and it was good, wish it came out here.

If you've got a "Borders" bookshop nearby (locations here "http://www.bordersstores.co.uk/LctnDrct.html") they stock "Entertainment Weekly", they tend to be a few weeks behind though, went into one last week and they had the one I'd bought in the US 3 weeks before.

Humo (quality belgian mag, hilarious and has some very creative and good writers who can pen down some of the best word-plays and witty lines in the world) and NGC (good, then i discovered the internet, but i only trust them for reviews for some reason, must be a habit. Kinda stopped reading them lately, dunno if i'm gonna quiet 'em for good )

If you've got a "Borders" bookshop nearby (locations here "http://www.bordersstores.co.uk/LctnDrct.html") they stock "Entertainment Weekly", they tend to be a few weeks behind though, went into one last week and they had the one I'd bought in the US 3 weeks before.

Nearest Borders to me is Birmingham though, which is 20ish miles. Good to know there, as I smell a Birmingham shopping trip in the new year.

I have to say, I tried to get into NGC and CUBE, but i just couldnt, whereas, NOM i can, and so thats the only one for me! (except kererang! but even then i just read my friends copy...)

if any of you read those "women! don't expect any help on a tuesday you skanky bitches!" magazines you should instead be appreciating your beautiful girlfriend fixing your radiator rather than reading smut! and have a wash too, you greasy fiends!

Sign in to follow this