NEurope
Dog-amoto

Dishonored 2

Was gonna make a thread yesterday when news of it leaked early but knowing my luck...

Wish they'd showed some gameplay footage but I enjoyed the first one so will probably get this.

Uhhhhh, really looking forward to Dishonored 2.

I loved the first game :)

It seems like Bethesda had a great presentation. : peace:

November 11th release date, with more to come at E3.

Need to play the definitive edition of the first game I've got sitting on my shelf.

Sweet, this will be my Christmas game (usually it's Assassin's Creed, but no main game coming this year). Looking forward to finding out more at E3.

You can pre-order the special limited edition from GAME*

*Seriously

So...this is out today. Anybody picked it up? Early reviews seem positive but the PC build appears to be broken and buggy from early impressions.

I'm looking to pick this up next week.

I was looking forward to this one but after barely scratching Deus Ex or Tomb Raider, I know I need to ease off until I get some other games out of the way!

I was looking forward to this one but after barely scratching Deus Ex or Tomb Raider, I know I need to ease off until I get some other games out of the way!

All about dat FFXV goodness coming up anyway.

That'll just be in the list too. The only single player game I know I will play beginning to end is out Feb 14 ;)

That'll just be in the list too. The only single player game I know I will play beginning to end is out Feb 14 ;)

For Honor?

For Honor?

There's nothing honourable about the 'single player game' he'll be engaging in on Feb 14th.

Persona games are the epitome of honor. It's all about sacrificing your friends and school work to save the world right?

Persona games are the epitome of honor. It's all about sacrificing your friends and school work to save the world right?

Oh right yeah Persona. Not masturbation.

Amazon dispatched my copy today but says it will be here on Monday...why? I don't know, normally it only takes a day.

Anyway, looking forward to it. It comes with a code for the Dishonored Difinitive Edition. Will play through that one first, of course :)

Oh that's pretty cool, I never played the DLC for the first but heard it was excellent.

I'll be asking this for Christmas probably. I need to install the first and play the dlc before that, I've never met the antagonist.

Keen to get this on sale. Too many games to play at the mo! Also keen to read the reviews once they start dropping. No doubt this will be excellent.

I should have grabbed this in the bundle. Did not think it would be so well received.

Been giving this a bash over the weekend, had a code for the 1st which i gave to a friend. I'm really enjoying it, chose to play as Corvo for my first play. Much the same as the previous in terms of what Corvo can do, but i feel it's right to finish his story. Arcane certainly made the enemies much smarter than before, which is a great challenge for those doing a stealth run.

The safe combinations are back, however the codes are different per-game so no searching Google for the right code this time.

Started playing the Dishonored Definitive Edition yesterday. It's a bit of a lazy port. 30fps, no big graphical upgrades, long load times (nothing too annoying, though)...

I got it free with Dishonored 2 so I won't complain too much :D It's still great fun. Gameplay is absolutely top-notch. I don't remember much from when I played the PS3 version 4 years ago which is great as it's mostly a new experience for me now. There's also all the DLC which I never played. : peace:

I have only played the tutorial and started the first real mission yesterday. Enjoyed it a lot :) Can't wait to get back to it when I'm done with work.

Played this as my Easter game. Loved it. Excellent world and level design.

Played through the first time as the young empress with powers and stealth run. Took me 24 hours and a couple hundred reloads. Not sure if time played carried over when I reloaded a game, if not it was way more than 24 hours. Played Corvo next with high caos with powers. It was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. You can explore and find more stuff more easily and combat was fun. Killed every characters except Hypatia because I needed that one collectible.

Even killed my allies on the boat and took the throne for myself at the end leaving Emily forever trapped in stone

Did the above for Emily too on my third run for the no powers trophy. Platinum #97.

So did anyone pick up Death of the Outsider? I didn't complete the first Dishonored but loved the second one so when I saw that Death of the Outsider was a budget price release, I immediately picked it up on release and promptly played through it. And much like Dishonored 2, I really enjoyed it. I've enjoyed seeing more of these "bite sized" AAA titles being released this year and this is probably one of my favourites, only beaten by Hellblade (I wasn't too keen on Uncharted Lost Legacy's "best bits" feel for the franchise).

It's only 5 levels but as with previous games, the levels are a good size, quite large though not as big as previous games obviously, open and given you ample opportunity to experiment with ideas and choose whether you go full on assault or stealth. I ended up doing a mixture of the two as there's no trophy for a full stealth play through of it (from what I remember anyway) and because you have fewer powers this time around so you are a bit more limited in how you approach things. The ability to assume the identity of an enemy was a nice power and allowed me to breeze passed guards easily (though dogs still manage to sniff you out) as was the displace power (especially if you put your exit point on the location of an enemy, sure you took damage but a nice easy way to take out guards :heh:).

And though there wasn't a huge amount of variation in the levels, I still found them all interesting and loved the bank heist one. There was some tight moments getting through that on my play through as at one point I hadn't figured out where to go so was displacing all over the place to dodge Clockwork soldiers and enemies sleeping (who would wake up if you got too close). Similar situation with the final level and some of the enemies taking on a new form, made for quite a tense experience.

Took about 8 or so hours to do, as I delved into some of the side objectives as well, but a really nice end to what will probably be the last outing for the franchise. It doesn't seem to have done all too well sales wise which is a shame as both the second game and this smaller experience were fantastic and it's made me want to go back and play through the first one to completion now. I just really enjoyed the world they managed to create and the attention to detail with everything. And more than anything, I loved the freedom of being able to play how I want to achieve the end goal of each level.

Definitely recommend  people pick it up at some point if you enjoyed any of the previous entries, especially as it's already been on sale on the PS Store for a tenner.

Bought it at launch, loved it. Had a great time getting the platinum it.

I ended up doing a mixture of the two as there's no trophy for a full stealth play through of it (from what I remember anyway)

There is a trophy for not being detected the whole game, but not one for no kills. There's one trophy for not killing anyone in any single chapter.

I ended up doing a full stealth/no kill playthrough anyway, didn't check the trophy list, I just assumed it was business as usual.