NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Tales of Berseria (PS3, PS4)

They didn't release Graces in Europe? I thought they did :S

Symphonia 2 is the worst Tales. Ever.

Spoken like a man who never played Tales of Legendia.

Honestly though, I think nearly all the Tales games are pretty mundane, throwaway experiences with plots seemingly aimed at the teenage demographic.

For me, most of the Tales of... series has been about the battle system and the surrounding world.

The games which have the best characters and stories for me are Symphonia, Vesperia and Phantasia. :)

All the rest, I own but I've never really played. ::shrug:

I was never the biggest fan of Symphonia. It was a solid game but the praise it got at the time was undeserved IMO. I think it was hyped up simply because it was on a platform that had very few JRPGs. The story of the game was also a blatant ripoff of Final Fantasy X.

I really enjoyed Xillia on the PS3. I have still not picked up the sequel yet.

Also, as a person who likes trophies, these games are a nightmare to get a platinum on. They always require you to go through the game multiple times and there is always at least 1 missable trophy.

My favourites would be Symphonia, Vesperia (should have kept my 360) and Xillia, the latter had the best combat system in the franchise to date IMO, and is the only Tales game that I've platinumed, although TBF it's one of the easier ones to Plat.

Worst would have to be Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (obviously) and, as stated previously, I'm still not sold on Zestiria, largely because of the needlessly convoluted skills system.

I actually enjoyed Legendia. It was different, but fun.

As for what I think are the best ones, it's Abyss on top, followed by Vesperia and Symphonia.

Enjoyed Xillia, Phantasia and Graces f.

Worst ones are of course Symphonia 2, and in my opinion followed by Zestiria and Xillia 2.

Played it for 20 minutes just to see what kind of equipment system it had this time. Only thing I could find was that each weapon, armour and accessory has a skill that can be mastered after winning a certain amount of battles, and the skill might be permanent.

Other than that, the game is just your regular Tales of game.

My CE was sent yesterday. Don't know if it will arrive tomorrow considering the size of the thing, so perhaps Monday.

So Amazon have fucked up somewhere, I got an email saying the game would be arriving on the 14th February, also the Digimon game I ordered with it sold out before they could send me a copy. Its a good job I'm in no rush for them or I might have been miffed. I got £7 off each with prime and a voucher they sent me so not fussed.

So Amazon have fucked up somewhere, I got an email saying the game would be arriving on the 14th February, also the Digimon game I ordered with it sold out before they could send me a copy. Its a good job I'm in no rush for them or I might have been miffed. I got £7 off each with prime and a voucher they sent me so not fussed.

Wow. It happened to Tales of Beseria as well? I was on live chat complaining this morning about it as I have Digimon preordered but now I have no idea when it's going to get shipped.

I asked why preorders were still being taken when they had clearly used up all of their allocation. The guy on the other end was less than helpful and just kept saying if you preorder something it doesn't mean that you will get it on release day. Then what the hell am I preordering it for!? I don't usually preorder with them ( not going to again either ) but I had that £10 voucher that needed to be used.

Wow. It happened to Tales of Beseria as well? I was on live chat complaining this morning about it as I have Digimon preordered but now I have no idea when it's going to get shipped.

I asked why preorders were still being taken when they had clearly used up all of their allocation. The guy on the other end was less than helpful and just kept saying if you preorder something it doesn't mean that you will get it on release day. Then what the hell am I preordering it for!? I don't usually preorder with them ( not going to again either ) but I had that £10 voucher that needed to be used.

Wow, the exact same situation as me. Not gonna pre-order (Video Games) from them again from what they told you.

Wow, the exact same situation as me. Not gonna pre-order (Video Games) from them again from what they told you.

People on GAF have been kicking off about it as well.

There's clearly been a massive cock up with getting the games from Bandi Namco. It's too coincidental that both of these games are the ones that haven't been shipped.

If it's two games from the same company, might it be their fault rather than the shop?

That's nonsense from that guy as Amazon always tell you when you order it what day it should be coming. If a preorder, it should always say arrival on release day.

So it's nearly 2am as I type this, I just checked my email and about 15 minutes ago I got an email saying it's been dispatched, this is bizarre but I'll take it. No word on the other game which I take to mean that one is not available to them yet.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

So it's nearly 2am as I type this, I just checked my email and about 15 minutes ago I got an email saying it's been dispatched, this is bizarre but I'll take it. No word on the other game which I take to mean that one is not available to them yet.

If you care about getting games on launch days it is not worth ordering from Amazon.

If you care about getting games on launch days it is not worth ordering from Amazon.

Well I had a voucher I needed to use and I wasn't all that fussed about getting the games launch day since I have 2 games from last week to play.

CSac3UKl.jpg?2

They actually released Tales of Berseria on PC when they launched it in US and EUR, so you might want to update the thread on that one, @Happenstance.

Now, here's just a thought, but do you think we'll get Berseria on Switch as well? It would be awesome having a Tales of-game on the go, and they have announced that a Tales of-game is coming to the Switch. I hope we get Berseria, as I understand its one of the better Tales-games in recent times.

Bandai Entertainment America Inc. Confirms Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Working Title) Coming to Nintendo Switch in the Americas, with Tales of and Taiko Drum Master in Development

A physical version? Do they even sell those anymore..

Anyway, almost seven hours in and enjoying it a lot so far.

12 hours in and I love it, not since Vesperia have I gotten so invested in a Tales game before. I had serious reservations after Zestiria getting it day 1 (though had to wait an extra day, thanks Amazon) but I'm so glad I did.

*sigh* another game to add to the "buy it in the future/backlog"

I've not played a Tales of game since Symphonia on the GC (absolutely loved it) so if it is getting good reviews from you guys then it may be worth picking up.

I haven't been able to put as much time into this as I'd have liked so I'm only around 14hrs in but this is shaping up to be one of the better 'Tales' games in recent years.

The combat is excellent (as expected), the darker narrative tone is a nice change and it's right up my street, there's seem to be loads to do (as per usual) and I love the cast of characters so far, a particular favourite at the moment is Magilou who has me in stitches every single time.

I'm really looking forward to spending more time with this and can't wait to see how things progress, however, that may take longer as I'd like because the majority of my gaming time is currently being taken up by Yakuza 0, which is just flat-out fucking incredible.

I love the cast of characters so far, a particular favourite at the moment is Magilou who has me in stitches every single time.

Magilou is definitely my favourite character so far too, the prankster witch who certainly livens things up.

54e7c93f-s.jpg

Sign in to follow this