NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Eurovision Song Contest 2015

Well deserved. The top half is pretty fair, even if I'd move some of the positions around.

Still dumbstruck by Italy though. My mum liked it. Bloody mums.

Wonder if Australia will be tempted to come back next year. They did really well.

Also, how the fuck did Montenegro do so well? By well I mean top half, but they were awful!

Also wondered how on earth Britain gave Poland any points, but then I realised we have a lot of Polish immigrants :p

Hey, you guys did better than France :grin:

As well as Germany and Austria (seriously, 43 countries voting and they didn't get shit)

I liked the winner. More than in previous years, I'd say.

I'm glad we got 5 points. It's what we deserved. Exactly the percentage of effort we put in.

So the full voting splits are out.

We actually voted Lithuania as our favourite song, which I'm pleased about (I voted for them!). The gay kiss obviously went down well.

Poland were second though. And we know that's not because the song is good! - Just checked and Ireland's top two were exactly the same!

Everything else looks quite sensible, although Italy are too high and Georgia too low! I do think though that the way they combine the votes is wrong though. The judges should only give their top ten, which is then combined with the public's top ten. Last year Poland were our favourite act, but the judges ranked them something like 22nd, so they got no points.

Edited by Mr-Paul

I didn't even notice the gay kiss! It seemed like they kind of cropped it out...

I didn't even notice the gay kiss! It seemed like they kind of cropped it out...

Funnily enough, I thought they cropped it out too. I noticed it in the semi-final and in the recap yesterday, but didn't notice it during the actual song (just a close-up of the two lead singers kissing).

During the recap it went: 1) Wide shot of the backing singers kissing. 2) Close-up of the lead singers kissing. But to be honest, I probably just wasn't paying attention during the actual song.

Anyone else reminded of Mario Kart every time points are awarded?

I certainly do, in the sense that the people who deserve the points don't necessarily get them :heh:

I certainly do, in the sense that the people who deserve the points don't necessarily get them :heh:

Haha, well said.

The noise though was exactly like that of the Mario Kart starting lights. Or how I remember them anyway :p

@Animal what are you doing performing for Australia!

I just watched their song and this was my first thought. Uncanny.

I caught up on it all today because stuff was going on all week. I had a few people text me saying there's a dude who did well who looked a lot like me. It made me laugh when I saw it though. He does look like me a bit. He could be my evil twin...or my good twin! Either way, I'm the better looking one! ;P

No wonder UK lost. I'm surprised they even got points. They were so shit. What was with the impression of King Louie from Jungle Book halfway through? It didn't suit the song at all. The best song won, really. I hoped they'd win after hearing it.

Sign in to follow this