NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Eurovision Song Contest 2015

@Grazza Dum tek tek is brilliant, would've been a hit if it was Shakira singing it!

Second semi was quite disappointing. Too many ballads. Not a lot entertaining this year. Where's the milkmaids, grannies and transvestites?

Sweden has winner written all over it. Not even that special, but easily could be something put out by David Guetta or Avicii. The visuals are what makes it stand out.

Also quite liked Israel, even if it was a bit 90s boyband, and Latvia's was good. Haven't listened to the pre-qualified songs apart from the British one, which is awful.

Belgium sounded too much like Lorde. But not as good.

Eurovision faves, everyone?

Germany 2010, Lena, was my favourite winner of recent years.

Ukraine 2007, Verka Seduchka is definitely my favourite of the cheeses. Came second. It was robbed.

Going to spend my evening on Youtube remembering all the classics.

Double post. Oh god. This from last year. Yes Poland.

nK0WIaN.gif

Lena says "toe nates" in that video. Ine and I refer to toenails as toe nates.

"I'm going to paint my toenates today."

"Ok, Jim."

Wait-wat

Also, that Polish song...

The song is annoyingly catchy. Plus, tits. Hnnnnggggg.

I think last year was pretty good actually.

I loved this:

and this, the one that should have won last year and much better than the winning song:

Some great choices there, @Grazza :) Had forgotten El Chiki Chiki!

Looking back, 2010 was a great year.

Sweden's 2012 winner was a belter.

My favourite all-time Eurovision song. It's actually really, really good!

I love this song, too:

That Dutch one was a good song, just a bit boring for Eurovision for me. My favourites last year had to be Hungary - Running and Ukraine's hamster wheel lady. Plus Poland of course.

Poland's song this year couldn't be further from the titfest of last year :cry:

Never heard that a cappella one before!

That Dutch one was a good song, just a bit boring for Eurovision for me. My favourites last year had to be Hungary - Running and Ukraine's hamster wheel lady. Plus Poland of course.

Never heard that a cappella one before!

That band (The Common Linnets) are genuinely really good. I'm checking out some of their other stuff.

That Latvian song (a capella) brings back memories of me and my flatmates at uni watching Eurovision. We became Latvian fans overnight.

That band (The Common Linnets) are genuinely really good. I'm checking out some of their other stuff.

That Latvian song (a capella) brings back memories of me and my flatmates at uni watching Eurovision. We became Latvian fans overnight.

Latvia also gave us this classic in 2008:

That year Britain came last. THIS CAME 12TH! Love it.

@Grazza Dum tek tek is brilliant, would've been a hit if it was Shakira singing it!

Yes, it's awesome isn't it! :grin: This thread has been brilliant for reminding ourselves of some Eurovision greats. I've really enjoyed watching the 7-minute recaps on YouTube of the contests from 2008-2014 (the years I've been watching it). It's an effective way of remembering the whole night.

Same. : peace:

Ha! There's a serious point here. Whilst I don't expect every performance to be as outrageous(ly good :heh:) as We Are Slavic, I do feel the overall contest is a bit lacking in glamour this year. Doesn't necessarily need milk churning, just something for the straight men who are watching!!

Well, steady on, old chap! :laughing: I'd say Still In Love With You is not overly earnest, nor overly camp. Just a decent attempt at a good song, in my opinion, which is the best way to go about it.

:shakehead Nooooo Grazza! :laughing:

I think it is such a step back it is embarrassing.

The BBC or whoever is responsible for choosing these acts just completely need sacking.

You only have to look at the songs that have done well the last couple of years and the artists that have connected with the European audience to know that sending an act like these two is dead wrong.

The last few winners (minus Conchita) have all been very respectable artists and have had good success in a number of countries. The songs are all good and are generally on trend which I think goes a long way to getting points on the board.

Your always going to get novelty acts but it's rare that they win these days.

These 2 for the UK are not memorable in the slightest. The song is inoffensive but it is going to get completely swept away by the standard big ballads and better up tempo songs.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but part of me doesn't want to be as I don't think it's worthy of a high charting position!:heh:

If the UK wins then it will have to host the thing next year. I don't think it can with this governments plan to cut £12 billion from welfare but let's hope the UK doesn't come last place. (i.e. Jemini)

(can't link it for some reason) - Electro Velvet - Still in Love With You - Potato Waffles Mashup

Edited by sumo73

I've found the weird old men duo that won in 2000!

Fantastic. I'm sure Danny the Dane is a fan.

8PM tonight, people.

Going to get myself some cider and watch eet. Anyone else going to be online in here? Think it could be hilarious.

Ah, dank u wel. De muziek was erg mooi. Ik hou van Queen.

Wow, your Dutch is really impressive.. Especially since it's a really hard language to learn...

And: geen dank! ;)

Wow, your Dutch is really impressive.. Especially since it's a really hard language to learn...

And: geen dank! ;)

Mijn Nederlands is slecht. But eventually it'll get better. @Eenuh is still teaching me.

Did the Netherlands qualify? Think they missed out?

8PM tonight, people.

Going to get myself some cider and watch eet. Anyone else going to be online in here? Think it could be hilarious.

Got my Brakspear Triple III ready!

Will definitely be on here afterwards, but probably not during, as I'm geeky enough to concentrate on every minute!

We're having a pizza party and drinking games. Can't wait!

We're having a pizza party and drinking games. Can't wait!

'Mirin.

I would be watching it with the woman, but she's in Belgium!

Mijn Nederlands is slecht. But eventually it'll get better. @Eenuh is still teaching me.

Did the Netherlands qualify? Think they missed out?

Nah they didn't , we had ten years of total rubbish songs before turning towards more high quality artists. This was the third year in a row that we send a really good singer, first time we didn't qualify though. The song was a little forgetable and the performance really low key so meh.::shrug:

Worked last year and to a lesser extend also the year before. But those where far better songs.

I'm interested to see who we'll send in '16...

No party for me this year, watching it at home, either alone or with my bro.

Will treat myself to a beer or two, will definitely be checking KNEE for the banter. I see Sweden and Russia are the bookies favourites, wouldn't be upset if either won. Latvia or Estonia an outside bet for something a bit more edgy. Belgium will do well too, as will the Aussies because they're newbies and I've heard their song is pretty decent. I'd like Georgia to do well too.

Wouldn't be surprised if Britain come very low. We deserve it.

What happens if Australia win? That would be awkward.

What happens if Australia win? That would be awkward.

If they win they have to find a European country to host for them next year, and they get to participate again. If they don't win, they're out!

I see Sweden and Russia are the bookies favourites, wouldn't be upset if either won.

Nor me. To be fair, Russia put on an awesome show last time (in 2009). Great stage, half-time show and (in my opinion) the best collection of songs I've ever seen in the contest - Jan Jan, Dum Tek Tek, Always and the winner, Fairytale.

Blooming hell, longest opening segment ever?

GET ON WITH IT, I WANT THE MUUUSIC.

I love the unashamed happiness of it all.

Blooming hell, longest opening segment ever?

GET ON WITH IT, I WANT THE MUUUSIC.

I love the unashamed happiness of it all.

It's taken ages, aye. It's still going!

It has a feel-good factor, though.

Sign in to follow this