NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

Semi-related but Square Enix have now delayed their conference to be an hour after Nintendo's, so there will be no need to have to watch both.

Good stuff! I was gonna struggle to decide which one to watch live and which one to watch later.

Good stuff! I was gonna struggle to decide which one to watch live and which one to watch later.
Yeah right. :heh:

Is that what they call sarcasm?

Is that what they call sarcasm?
Deus Ex

Kingdom Hearts

Just Cause 3

Final Fantasy XV

Tomb Raider...

vs

StarFox

Wooly World

Mario Maker...

You decide :p

Deus Ex

Kingdom Hearts

Just Cause 3

Final Fantasy XV

Tomb Raider...

vs

StarFox

Wooly World

Mario Maker...

You decide :p

Nintendo also have a load of unannounced Wii U titles due for release before April 2016

Not at all. With Zelda MIA, Nintendo has very little else that I'm excited for. S-E will hopefully have Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts goodness on show. Seeing the Versus turn to XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 was such a hype inducing moment for me.

Nintendo also have a load of unannounced Wii U titles due for release before April 2016
Oh I'm sure, I can only go off what we currently can expect to see in both press conferences. S-E could have a surprise or two aswell.

There was never a need to watch both at once, just a desire :p

Ya I suppose you're right. Xenoblade Chronicles X will be there, while that's great we know so much about it that it's not going to wow people perhaps at this point. They really have nothing of interest besides that for me. They need new games and big games to catch my eye. I know @david\.dakota means (http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1753751&postcount=1175) and I agree they're just going through the motions. I don't want to see another platformer or SNES Remix, Captain Toad 2, Super Mario 3D World 2 or Nintendo Land 2. You get the picture. Unless there's a Pikmin 4, that would be alright.

Edited by Wii

Not at all. With Zelda MIA, Nintendo has very little else that I'm excited for. S-E will hopefully have Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts goodness on show. Seeing the Versus turn to XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 was such a hype inducing moment for me.
Oh yeah! I forgot about your love for the Final Fantasy franchise. :woops:

Anyway, 'tis great that they're not going to clash now, not that I was bothered. :hehe:

Will still check out the SE conference for Just Cause 3 though. :awesome:

(Does anyone else read SE as Sony Europe and think we should refer to Square-Enix as Squenix so as not to confuse me?)

(Does anyone else read SE as Sony Europe and think we should refer to Square-Enix as Squenix so as not to confuse me?)
Not really, no. :heh:

Plus, Squenix takes longer to type, and I be lazy. :grin:

LOL @ Square Enix moving their conference. Should have never have taken that time in the first place.

They really have nothing of interest besides that for me.

Last year Splatoon, Yoshi, Kirby, Starfox, Mario Maker, Captain Toad, Devil's Third and Zelda were announced. The year before we had Smash, 3D World, DK, Mario Kart, X and prob more revealed for the first time. There are going to be new games ffs, open your mind and stop dismissing everything.

I don't want to see another platformer or SNES Remix, Captain Toad 2, Super Mario 3D World 2 or Nintendo Land 2. You get the picture. Unless there's a Pikmin 4, that would be alright.

"They're going through the motions, I don't want samey sequels" except for a game you've actually played and liked, then it's ok? Personally i'd love to see SNES Remix, Captain Toad 2, Mario 3D World 2 and Nintendo Land 2. Different strokes....

Edited by Ronnie
Automerged Doublepost

Ya I suppose you're right. Xenoblade Chronicles X will be there, while that's great we know so much about it that it's not going to wow people perhaps at this point. They really have nothing of interest besides that for me. They need new games and big games to catch my eye. I know @david\.dakota means (http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1753751&postcount=1175) and I agree they're just going through the motions. I don't want to see another platformer or SNES Remix, Captain Toad 2, Super Mario 3D World 2 or Nintendo Land 2. You get the picture. Unless there's a Pikmin 4, that would be alright.

So you're making an assumption that all they're going to do is rehash? Really?

Are you actually serious or are you just trolling?

So you're making an assumption that all they're going to do is rehash? Really?

Are you actually serious or are you just trolling?

I am serious. Nintendo tried last year with Smash, MK8 and the others and it didn't work. Nothing has worked, sure MK8 has a phenomenal attach rate but it's amongst the already established user base. They've given up on the Wii U and with the NX coming out next year I can't see them breaking their back for not much return in the meantime. I hope to God I'm wrong of course.

They also says E3 will focus only on games releasing in 2015. Did they say that in previous years?

Nintendo tried last year with Smash, MK8 and the others and it didn't work. Nothing has worked

Um, Smash and MK8 have been critically acclaimed success stories. What's your point here?

They've given up on the Wii U

No they haven't. The endless DLC and long list of releases this year (as well as many unannounced games) put that lie to rest.

and with the NX coming out next year

You have no idea what it is nor when it is coming out. For all you know it could be a new handheld for the 4 year old 3DS.

They also says E3 will focus only on games releasing in 2015.

No they didn't.

"highlighting games launching in 2015" =/= 2015 games only

Nintendo is hosting a Business Presentation at the same time as their Digital Event.

CFFJo8JVIAA_pQb.jpg

Nintendo is hosting a Business Presentation at the same time as their Digital Event.

CFFJo8JVIAA_pQb.jpg

And oh look, it says a sneak preview at what's coming in 2016, indicating your last few posts are rendered completely moot and proven wrong.

Also:

1. NX is not coming next year. They're talking about it next year, that doesn't mean that it's coming next year.

2. Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8 are both critical and commercial successes

3. There is no evidence that they have given up on the Wii U. There is evidence to the contrary what with games like Project Treasure announced already this year and there being multiple unannounced Wii U titles by April 2016.

4. Yes, they always say that their Digital Events and Directs focus on a certain time period but always have content from beyond that period. You should know that by now.

5. Your prior statement about all Nintendo doing is rehashes is quite erroneous. Look at the Top 4 games currently featured here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/

All of them are from franchises that have been created the last five years and are the main focus of Nintendo's marketing at the moment:

-Codename STEAM (2015)

-Fullblox (2011)

-Splatoon (2015)

-Xenoblade Chronicles X (2011)

It's rather erroneous and very discourteous to claim Nintendo will just rehash old titles.

Edited by Serebii

Nobody knows when NX is coming. You're both equally as good as being wrong or right.

Can you two please stop trying to out do each other. It's very tiresome.

It's a business presentation, not for the general public. Did you read what it says?

I honestly didn't read all your points because once again you've gone off on one.

It's a business presentation, not for the general public. Did you read what it says?

I honestly didn't read all your points because once again you've gone off on one.

It's the same thing they've done the past couple of years.

If you honestly believe they're not going to show anything from 2016 in this, you are ridiculously deluded and biased.

Edited by Serebii

I thought Nintendo had the best E3 last year. But if they make this E3 about Mario Maker and Yoshi, I will be disappointed.

Nintendo have the following franchises and I would love to see them:

Metroid

F-Zero

Excite Bike

Battalion Wars

Pokemon

Kid Icarus

Advance Wars

I would love to see these IPs on the Wii U and would love E3 to have as many surprises as last year. But this 'focus on 2015' is worrisome.

I thought Nintendo had the best E3 last year. But if they make this E3 about Mario Maker and Yoshi, I will be disappointed.

We had the following franchises and I would love to see them:

Metroid

F-Zero

Excite Bike

Battalion Wars

Pokemon

Kid Icarus

Advance Wars

I would love to see these IPs on the Wii U and would love E3 to have as many surprises as last year. But this 'focus on 2015' is worrisome.

They always state these focuses and go beyond them. Don't worry :)