NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I have to say that the single player potential of Splatoon is massive. It felt like playing Sunshine back on the Gamecube - hope we see them explore the potential of the campaign a bit more.

It felt exactly the same for me, except this had a better camera. :D

I also hope that the sequel fleshes out the campaign a bit more. While I enjoyed the multiplayer modes, the single player felt soooooooo good to play.

If the Splatoon game does turn out to be a sequel and is at launch then Switch is going to do CRAZY numbers in Japan.

It felt exactly the same for me, except this had a better camera. :D

I also hope that the sequel fleshes out the campaign a bit more. While I enjoyed the multiplayer modes, the single player felt soooooooo good to play.

If the Splatoon game does turn out to be a sequel and is at launch then Switch is going to do CRAZY numbers in Japan.

Splatoon, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest and Pokémon basically guarantee that this thing will do great numbers in Japan. Hopefully it does 3DS+ numbers over there.

The movement mechanics in Splatoon are just so fluid and the level design was ace. After playing Splatoon and having seen how big and ambitious Zelda is, I'm VERY excited for the new Mario.

Splatoon, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest and Pokémon basically guarantee that this thing will do great numbers in Japan. Hopefully it does 3DS+ numbers over there.

The movement mechanics in Splatoon are just so fluid and the level design was ace. After playing Splatoon and having seen how big and ambitious Zelda is, I'm VERY excited for the new Mario.

Throw in Yo-kai Watch as well and Nintendo are guaranteed a success, despite Yo-kai Watch now doing a lot worse than it was a couple of years ago

Throw in Yo-kai Watch as well

giphy.gif

Just realised in 24 hours time I shall be there!

There's a leak going around of the games people will be able to play at the event. Just a heads up that now would be the time to dig into a hole if you want to remain unspoiled in case it's legit

Thanks for the heads up Serebii, I think I'm going to try and switch off from any news until 4am. Such a pointless exercise to leak something that's going to be announced I'm a matter of hours.

Will there be a chat room going on here? I'll see you guys at 4am!

Game are limiting pre orders to 1 per person. I prefer ordered 3 Wii U's so they must be thinking there will be stock issues

Monster Hunter Community Manager for Capcom UK.

[TWEET]819485352566132737[/TWEET]

There's a leak going around of the games people will be able to play at the event. Just a heads up that now would be the time to dig into a hole if you want to remain unspoiled in case it's legit

Bit hard to avoid it when Neogaf have plastered it at the top of their Switch topic. :D

Game are limiting pre orders to 1 per person. I prefer ordered 3 Wii U's so they must be thinking there will be stock issues

Or after the Amiibo problems, maybe Nintendo is putting the foot down to try and stop as many scalpers as possible

There are rumours suggesting that a certain CAPCOM fighting game will be heading to Switch. Would absolutely love that - hoping it's true.

There are rumours suggesting that a certain CAPCOM fighting game will be heading to Switch. Would absolutely love that - hoping it's true.

Yeah, but the version they are choosing is a little weird.

Is it a full 2D remake of SFII or just added characters into the base game?

Seems barmy that the first SF game Nintendo get on a home console in years is a game that came out in the 90s.

Yeah I just had a gander at the list, pretty underwhelming to be honest... And that fighting game, great series, but THAT version?! (Saying that it was the version I played and loved the most)

Yeah I just had a gander at the list, pretty underwhelming to be honest... And that fighting game, great series, but THAT version?!

I'm hoping that the list ain't true. As you said, it's a little underwhelming. Although...

Bomberman making a return kinda makes sense given the nature of the Switch local multiplayer setup. If it's true, they should stick him in Smash, as well.

:D

Yeah, but the version they are choosing is a little weird.

Is it a full 2D remake of SFII or just added characters into the base game?

Seems barmy that the first SF game Nintendo get on a home console in years is a game that came out in the 90s.

It's certainly an interesting choice. Assuming it's a launch title I'm guessing we'll find out about it tomorrow.

I do hope we get a decent mini-game collection (albeit something closer to Nintendo Land than say, Wii Play). Something like the Pikmin mini game in Nintendo Land would definitely go down well in my flat!

I do hope we get a decent mini-game collection (albeit something closer to Nintendo Land than say, Wii Play). Something like the Pikmin mini game in Nintendo Land would definitely go down well in my flat!

I'm all for mini game collections, providing that they also cater to those who can't play locally and have to rely on playing up with people online. Nintendo Land was such a missed opportunity in this sense.

I'm all for mini game collections, providing that they also cater to those who can't play locally and have to rely on playing up with people online. Nintendo Land was such a missed opportunity in this sense.

Yeah I do agree with that. My girlfriend wasn't a fan of the Zelda game so it was quite hard for me to get an opportunity to actually play it.

I'm sure that local multiplayer will be great on Switch but I just hope that they nail the online. Inviting a friend to join your party and voice chat are so important and I say that as someone that doesn't do much online multiplayer at the moment. I loved playing Splatoon but getting everyone to hop onto Skype and then using WhatsApp to coordinate a session was literally the worst.

On another note, I've just realised how perfect Wave Race multiplayer would be on the Switch! If we see new entries to Wave Race, 1080 and Excitetruck/bike/whatever I will be very happy.

The rumour list is the first thing to turn down my excitement levels to be honest. There's nothing there to grab my interest beyond what I was expecting anyway.

I guess I really just constantly hope for one particular series to return and am always disappointed....

I'd give you a THANKS @Goron_3 but i'm all out...

Same here!

So who is watching it live... and will anybody be up for a Party Chat group during the presentation on PS4?

I'm hoping that the list ain't true. As you said, it's a little underwhelming. Although...

Bomberman making a return kinda makes sense given the nature of the Switch local multiplayer setup. If it's true, they should stick him in Smash, as well.

:D

Haha, that was literally the game I thought would be amazing too!

I guess I really just constantly hope for one particular series to return and am always disappointed....

Yo-Kai Watch?

Same here!

So who is watching it live... and will anybody be up for a Party Chat group during the presentation on PS4?

I definitely will; don't know about chat though, may just want to watch it and engage with it and chat about it afterward. Plus the whole chat will probably just be you saying "Where's party chat? I'm not buying it without party chat? Where's part chat? WHERE'S PARTY CHAT!!?!??!" :D

I'll be watching it live but won't be in party chat. I just wanna concentrate and take it all in.

I haven't looked at the list, but launching with (I assume) 3D Mario and openworld Zelda already beats any console launch probably ever. Anything on top of that is a bonus.

I definitely will; don't know about chat though, may just want to watch it and engage with it and chat about it afterward. Plus the whole chat will probably just be you saying "Where's party chat? I'm not buying it without party chat? Where's part chat? WHERE'S PARTY CHAT!!?!??!" :D

This console needs voice chat!