NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Pretty sure it's Friday 4AM UK time. It's Thursday in Japan.

Hang on when is this? Japan is ahead of us so it can't be Thursday in Japan and Friday in UK. I always thought it was Thursday morning. Can anybody clarify I don't want to get up to 4am twice in a row.

Hang on when is this? Japan is ahead of us so it can't be Thursday in Japan and Friday in UK. I always thought it was Thursday morning. Can anybody clarify I don't want to get up to 4am twice in a row.

Yes they are, by 9 hours. Meaning that 4am here = 1pm there, the time that the presentation starts in Japan. So, the presentation starts at 4am here in the U.K. :)

EDIT: so yeah, it's Friday in Japan (think Dcubed may have accidentally been referring to the US times!)

@Ashley could you please bring a gun with you and threathen to kill them if Wart isn't making a return in 2017? (Preferably in Smash and Kart)

It's west london, I won't need to bring one there will be some lying around.

Yeah, sorry, had my globe set up backwards. It's Friday 1PM in Japan and Friday 4AM here in the UK.

So don't worry, you only need to lose sleep the once.

LAN adapter?! It's not going to have an Ethernet port? Deary me.

Where would they put it?

I imagine the adapter is for the handset itself, which probably isn't even thick enough to have an ethernet port, in case you don't have wifi where you are. I'm sure the base unit will have ethernet.

I imagine the adapter is for the handset itself, which probably isn't even thick enough to have an ethernet port, in case you don't have wifi where you are. I'm sure the base unit will have ethernet.

I'd be very surprised if it did. Both the Wii and Wii U didn't have an ethernet port and you were forced to buy the LAN adapter if you wanted a wired connection.

Where would they put it?

I'd have thought the dock.

Good point, but Hero knows my worry...

I'd be very surprised if it did. Both the Wii and Wii U didn't have an ethernet port and you were forced to buy the LAN adapter if you wanted a wired connection.

Yeah, this thing most definitely won't have an ethernet port. I don't care. I detest wires.

Its a shame that Switch dock probably doesn't have an Ethernet port, but it's not exactly surprising. It's one of those nonsensical, quirky decisions only Nintendo can make. Thankfully i'm sure we'll soon forget about that particular oversight.

It's interesting that the joy con dock charges 4 joy cons, does that mean we'll be able to buy separate sets at launch? Or are they expecting the console to be so cheap that people with kids will be able to buy multiple units?

Edited by killthenet

It's a shame that the dock doesn't have ethernet, given that it will just sit near the TV where wires going behind the unit are to be expected and of no detriment to the room. WiFi can be pretty unreliable for online gaming.

Given this system is rumoured to be releasing with Mario and Zelda and is a handheld with low stock numbers to begin with, I can see scalpers getting hold of these.

Really :/ I guess I forgot that the Wii U didn't have one.... The Switch feels like a more "grown up" console to me though so it wouldn't be that crazy to buck the trend. Well as long as there's a solution for those that need it, it's not a big deal to me. Not having an ethernet port should save production costs.

Yeah, this thing most definitely won't have an ethernet port. I don't care. I detest wires.

Not keen on wires myself but all my console ethernet cables are hidden away behind my TV stand... don't see them at all. Wired connections are much more reliable than wireless, especially for fast paced competitive gaming where latency is so important, so I go wired wherever possible.

I'll leave my LAN Adapter plugged into my Switch dock I guess. Depends how many USB it has.

I've also decided that I'll get Mario Kart, Smash and Splatoon as download titles. It seems more logical to do that for these games so I can slip in and out of them a lot easier on a whim. I know it's ridiculous but the mental block of having to change discs makes me and my friends less inclined to play them

I know it's ridiculous but the mental block of having to change discs makes me and my friends less inclined to play them

Not that ridiculous :p it's funny how often I don't want to switch disks, even though it's no more effort than say... getting up to get a drink or other biological necessities. I'm far more likely to dip in and out of a game if I have it digital. It's just a shame that none of the consoles have embraced sensible digital pricing for full price titles the way Steam has yet. Xbox One could've probably made an industry-wide change for the better if people hadn't lost their shit at the idea of not being able to resell their games.

Amazon currently have 128GB MicroSDs from SanDisk for £35 so may be worth an investment. Holding off til Friday though

There's potential to go higher too

[tweet]818985523897307136[/tweet]

Not planning on watching the Switch presentation, trying to stay spoiler free for my hands-on demo Saturday afternoon. Of course, i'll give a full run-down of my opinion once i return.

Luckily, there is a pick-up point in Cardiff for the group i'm travelling with at 9:30am.

I'll give it watch on my dinner break.
It's a lot of fun :grin: Looking forward to these betting characters progressing.

Love how Bosman and Huber are now Unrepentant Bosman and Punished Huber :D

That Benzilla.

It's a lot of fun :grin: Looking forward to these betting characters progressing.

Love how Bosman and Huber are now Unrepentant Bosman and Punished Huber :D

That Benzilla.

I'm on the final bet now and its been fantastic.

The burning of the clothes was hilarious and then I completely lost it with Punished Huber.

Is Ben just doing that voice as part of his character or is his voice still knackered?

I'm on the final bet now and its been fantastic.

The burning of the clothes was hilarious and then I completely lost it with Punished Huber.

Is Ben just doing that voice as part of his character or is his voice still knackered?

Hah yeah I don't know - I assumed it was his Benzilla voice, but that was before I heard his knackered voice (currently watching Frame Trap).

I loved it when Bosman called out Damiani for not giving Jones a flag :D

That Rupee clarification.

Will Wario... REVEAL... himself.

Not that ridiculous :p it's funny how often I don't want to switch disks, even though it's no more effort than say... getting up to get a drink or other biological necessities. I'm far more likely to dip in and out of a game if I have it digital. It's just a shame that none of the consoles have embraced sensible digital pricing for full price titles the way Steam has yet. Xbox One could've probably made an industry-wide change for the better if people hadn't lost their shit at the idea of not being able to resell their games.

Plus the whole concept

At an event, say EGX or something, and stuck in a line with friends.

Simply get our Switches out and play some Smash Bros., Mario Kart and Splatoon without having to carry the cartridges with you.

Easy Allies betting special is up.

Absolutely loved every moment of the latest Easy Allies betting special, I watched it over breakfast this morning. :D

Them dirty bets! The names! Those moments of confrontation! And of course, the greasiest of palms! :p

R.I.P. Huber's Giants merch. ;)

--------------------------

Regarding the whole digital/physical games debate.

While I understand the nature of the machine, having easy access to games in seconds, personally when I get a new console there's nothing better than building up that physical library of games, especially if the boxes for Switch titles turn out to be red cases, somewhere inbetween 3DS and Vita size and generally space-saving; perhaps similar to GameCube game boxes but more like the Japanese versions, always with the logo on the spine though along with coloured spines which continue the artwork or at the very least have full colour logos. :grin:

Not that I'm specific about how I like my game boxes to be or anything though... :blush: