NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I spoke on Amazon chat who said they had the following information "Please be advised that Nintendo Switch will be available to pre-order from 06:00 GMT Friday, 13 January, 2017. Due to limited stock we are only able to offer one unit per customer per address. We will be fulfilling customer orders in the order in which they were placed."

So it does indeed seem to be a 6AM preorder time and not just a mistake. Odd choice of timezone though.

I spoke on Amazon chat who said they had the following information "Please be advised that Nintendo Switch will be available to pre-order from 06:00 GMT Friday, 13 January, 2017. Due to limited stock we are only able to offer one unit per customer per address. We will be fulfilling customer orders in the order in which they were placed."

So it does indeed seem to be a 6AM preorder time and not just a mistake. Odd choice of timezone though.

I'm very happy to see retailers just dishing out 1 per customer. This should cut down on the scalping a little bit.

I'm very happy to see retailers just dishing out 1 per customer. This should cut down on the scalping a little bit.

Yeah, 1 per customer is a good way to combat scalper scum.

I'm most interested to see if they sell out on Amazon and if so, how quick, than the presentation itself. :heh:

Hello, long term lurker and very rare poster. Hope you don't mind this quick question.

Has anyone got a pre-order with ShopTo when they put it up back in October? I did but am wondering if I should pre-order somewhere else just in case. What do you guys think? Has anyone had experience pre-ordering consoles from ShopTo before?

I also have just set my alarm for 3.55am and have been to the gym tonight so I don't have to go at 6am tomorrow :)

What's this list?

663Xk9q.jpg

WAIT? Super Mario 3D Switch World? oh boy i mean the list is fake but my god in a weird Schadenfreude way i'd absolutely love that to be the name for the absurdity of it

EDIT: and theres no way i'll be up for 6am to pre-order, i just don't have the energy

Hello, long term lurker and very rare poster. Hope you don't mind this quick question.

Has anyone got a pre-order with ShopTo when they put it up back in October? I did but am wondering if I should pre-order somewhere else just in case. What do you guys think? Has anyone had experience pre-ordering consoles from ShopTo before?

I also have just set my alarm for 3.55am and have been to the gym tonight so I don't have to go at 6am tomorrow :)

Hey there Ximikal, no trouble at all, I once was a lurker and only joined the forum when I was made a staff member, questions are welcome here.

I too have pre-ordered with ShopTo as it happens, I've had nothing but good experiences with the company, I ordered my Wii U and PS4 from there plus a PS3, probably a 3DS or two as well with no problems.

Having said that, I am looking to pre-order from another place if I get the chance, probably the Nintendo store but I think ShopTo are still a safe bet... the question is, will they be altering their pre-order listings significantly or just starting with fresh ones? That's what I'm thinking... hopefully they'll still honour exisiting pre-orders but you'd be wise to keep an eye on it just as I'm doing. : peace:

Welcome! I've never ordered a console for launch from ShopTo but their service is generally pretty fantastic. Why not preorder from two places and cancel one order ahead of launch if need be?

Thanks S.C.G, I appreciate the reply :) Never ordered hardware from ShopTo before so it's always nice to get feedback.

Very tempted now to put another pre-order in with Amazon in the morning or the Nintendo store just to be on the safe side.

Edit: Thanks Goron_3, I think I will do that to be on the safe side :)

Probably answered long time ago, but I still have to ask. Will the pro controller be supported?

Probably answered long time ago, but I still have to ask. Will the pro controller be supported?

It seems the Switch will have its own Pro Controller so possibly not but we'll find out soon enough. :)

I cant believe how nervous I feel right now :laughing:

I'm going to sleep now, planning on getting up at 3:30, watching the presentation, then continually hitting F5 on multiple sites.

Followed by a one and a half hour commute to work.

Night all.

looking at the switch pro controller I would be disappointed if the Wii U pro's didn't work, there's not that big a difference. If shoulder pads are analogue then... sure I understand to an extent, but they could have limited backwards compatibility, reward wii u owners a tiny bit. personally it would push the Switch back to a more affordable purchase, if two of my controllers would already work with it.

I like that amazon never charge until the product ships. Shopto wanted money up front for the PS4 which to me is bullshit.

I like that amazon never charge until the product ships. Shopto wanted money up front for the PS4 which to me is bullshit.

I preordered my PS4 with ShopTo and didn't get charged until shipping.

I preordered my PS4 with ShopTo and didn't get charged until shipping.

So did I. I had as Amazon order and Shopto. Shopto asked for money about 5 days before launch

I won't be staying up for the live feed but will watch it first thing when I wake.

I already have mine preordered with Game. I know that they may end up being a little more expensive going by their pricing, but at least it's guaranteed for me with them. I was 2nd to preorder.

We should be getting a release date, right?

With (potentially) just a couple of months to go until launch they'll have to give one. This isn't an iPhone so Nintendo need to give more than a weeks' notice!

They need to go all out. The casual gamer won't know about the console so they need to get that hype train rolling quickly!

iuHKBu9.png

I'm upset with myself that I can't stay up another 45 minutes. But, I plan on being at work in 8 hours. When would I sleep?

I lack dedication. :(