NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Regarding the whole digital/physical games debate.

While I understand the nature of the machine, having easy access to games in seconds, personally when I get a new console there's nothing better than building up that physical library of games, especially if the boxes for Switch titles turn out to be red cases, somewhere inbetween 3DS and Vita size and generally space-saving; perhaps similar to GameCube game boxes but more like the Japanese versions, always with the logo on the spine though along with coloured spines which continue the artwork or at the very least have full colour logos. :grin:

Not that I'm specific about how I like my game boxes to be or anything though... :blush:

Oh I'm very similar. I have a huge collection of physical games and I like having them physically (in case servers ever die etc.), but with those titles I feel it may be best to go digital.

Maybe I'll get Physical too for the lols :p

I still tend to go physical with my console purchases but I do love my Steam library.

If the digital prices were sorted out and storage wasn't an issue I would happily switch over to exclusively digital. I guess the only other problem I have though is download speeds. It's always a shame when I buy a game on Steam that I'm excited to play and then have to wait days for the 50 gigs to download.

I imagine the adapter is for the handset itself, which probably isn't even thick enough to have an ethernet port, in case you don't have wifi where you are. I'm sure the base unit will have ethernet.

I thought the dock did nothing (expect provide power). If you have ethernet connected to the dock, what happens when you undock it, switch to wifi?

Question, why with more media, isn't their a free digital download code with a physical copy? Purely in the hope that you'll the same product twice at some point? I always appreciate Albums, or DVD/Blu-Rays that do give you a free digital download.

Have any games done it?... I think that Mario vs Donkey Kong game did right?

Also with Switch I think it depends whether your stance will be more home console or handheld.

Having a Mario Kart 8 that you can take anywhere out and about with you without having to have a separate games case that could potentially get lost, is certainly a nicer idea.

I prefer physical copies. Like I said a while ago, there's an awesome PS4 sale on atm, but outside of games that are digital only, I won't really be exploiting it.

Question, why with more media, isn't their a free digital download code with a physical copy? Purely in the hope that you'll the same product twice at some point? I always appreciate Albums, or DVD/Blu-Rays that do give you a free digital download.

Also with Switch I think it depends whether your stance will be more home console or handheld.

Having a Mario Kart 8 that you can take anywhere out and about with you without having to have a separate games case that could potentially get lost, is certainly a nicer idea.

I prefer physical copies. Like I said a while ago, there's an awesome PS4 sale on atm, but outside of games that are digital only, I won't really be exploiting it.

It's because games are more expensive and there's always the "I'll buy it, and give the other version away" issue

They wouldn't want you to buy the game, download it digitally and sell on the physical copy.

I'm on the final bet now and its been fantastic.

The burning of the clothes was hilarious and then I completely lost it with Punished Huber.

Is Ben just doing that voice as part of his character or is his voice still knackered?

Is it just being silly or a genuine discussion?

Is it just being silly or a genuine discussion?

Its the EA crew acting like they normally do and doing what they do best.

I feel if you have to ask you won't enjoy it :p

So it's just silly then...?

Its the EA crew acting like they normally do and doing what they do best.

Never seen their betting show, are the genuine bets but thembeing silly. Or are they just stupid bets?

So it's just silly then...?

Never seen their betting show, are the genuine bets but thembeing silly. Or are they just stupid bets?

They look for fun bets, and yeah it's more of a sketch with EZA betting special law behind it.

EDIT: Just watch it if you've got time. If it's not for you it's not for you.

Edited by Retro_Link

It's both. The bets are genuine and there are always consequences if a person loses/wins but they go about it in a daft way. They keep things light, much like their podcast, and it's what the guys do best.

Looking forward to the portability of this.

Was a real disappointment in the first couple of days of my experience with the WiiU when I realised I could only go around 4 feet away from the console before losing the portability.

All this off-tv play never happened for me. :cry:

Man I'm so hyped for Friday :D Just hope I can get my hands on a console for launch day...

Nintendo Japan will be streaming the live hands-on all weekend

Saturday

Sunday

Begins at 1:30am our time unfortunately

I remember Amazon sold out of their Wii preorder allocation in 7 minutes, and that was before it became a thing. Given the rumoured small amount of stock, do you think the same thing could happen here?

I remember Amazon sold out of their Wii preorder allocation in 7 minutes, and that was before it became a thing. Given the rumoured small amount of stock, do you think the same thing could happen here?

I just wish we knew when pre-orders were going live. If the presentation is Friday, will websites like Amazon and Shopto wait until the weekend/following week or will pre-orders go live immediately?

I just wish we knew when pre-orders were going live. If the presentation is Friday, will websites like Amazon and Shopto wait until the weekend/following week or will pre-orders go live immediately?

ShopTo and GAME have pre-orders already

I'm tempted to just go to GAME and drop £20 on it and do it brick & mortar style...ordering all the games online

I can always cancel and get the £20 deposit as a gift card to spend at GAME. Simple enough

ShopTo and GAME have pre-orders already

I'm tempted to just go to GAME and drop £20 on it and do it brick & mortar style...ordering all the games online

I can always cancel and get the £20 deposit as a gift card to spend at GAME. Simple enough

Hmm, I didn't know about ShopTo. Might have to investigate..

FWIW legally you should be able to get the money back in the tender you paid but obviously if you just what a gift card carry on my wayward son.

I thought Game were asking for £50, is it only 20?

Game took £50 off me, but that was back when it was still the NX.

I'm not going to help by muddying the waters, am I? I've seen/been part of cases where the pre-order goes live a few hours ahead of schedule, goes live at the "right" time (at most 30 minutes after reveal) and occasions where they've been days off.

My plan is to pre-order pretty much everything Switch on Amazon, and as release beckons I'll cull anything I (or my friends or family) am not interested in. I still think Amazon has the best pre-order price guarantee considering some of the savings I've made myself.. :heh: