NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Mario Kart 8 definitely does use analogue controls. You can totally adjust the amount you turn by when using the stick or motion controls, whereas with the D-Pad it just flicks straight to the maximum levels.

Emily Rogers she's asked a few sources and confirmed the second stickies BELOW the buttons. A few people including @Hero\-of\-Time will be happy

Fantastic news, if true. :bouncy:

If the second stick is below the buttons, and the primary stick is above the d-pad... plus those rumoured shoulder buttons with varying sensitivity...

Then there had better be GameCube VC games this time! :p

This is surely the only acceptable form of "compensation" for not having the D-Pad alligned with the face buttons. ;)

It's probably ok though, we'll likely get different swappable control schemes or extra controllers by the bucketload, so it's all good... probably. :indeed:

What you mean now all 3 major companies have put the right stick below the buttons? Almost like it's the most sensible place to have it...

;)

What you mean now all 3 major companies have put the right stick below the buttons? Almost like it's the most sensible place to have it...

;)

It's the worst place to have it IMO :p

I definitely prefer the Xbox stick layout over the Playstation one but I can't say it's ever bothered me with the Gamepad or Pro Controller.

What if nintendo made the detachable controllers like the Moga iphone controllers?

41RKWHlUdRL.jpg

The information from the leaks indicates that's exactly what they are doing. We'll just never know?!

my thinking being that most of the mock ups assume separate detachable controllers, that way it doesn't need a linking unit to be a 'console' controller when not attached as it closes up

I'm assuming that the controllers the developers got are purely functional, and the consumer versions will be more ergonomic and designed...?

I'm assuming that the controllers the developers got are purely functional, and the consumer versions will be more ergonomic and designed...?

I imagine that the basics of input are all there; but subject to change and not the finalised thing. So stuff might still move or change etc. but the actual input/control methods that were there stay exactly the same.

There is no way that the NX is coming out in March. No way in hell. Mii Plaza getting such a big update at THIS point in the 3DS' life speaks volumes...

I've said for a long time now that i'm dubious whether it will hit in March. Alarm bells were ringing for a lot of people when they announced it as March in the first place. It's the only date they could say to keep investors happy, what with it still being in the fiscal year and all. Their silence about the thing hasn't helped either.

I think there is still time enough to get the thing announced and released for March but time is really starting to tick away. I think if we haven't heard anything by mid October then it ain't happening.

Maybe they will finally show it off at the Sony event next week? Both NX and Neo were expected at E3, both got pushed back, both rumoured to be shown in September. It's happening! :D

It'd be depressing if t was delayed until next christmas. But I am expecting it. Even more time for the backlog I guess as it isn't decreasing as much as I wanted.

What does it mean for BotW if the NX doesn't launch in March? I can't see it being good for them either way. A lot of people already have this March date in their head - will a delay put people off?

What does it mean for BotW if the NX doesn't launch in March? I can't see it being good for them either way. A lot of people already have this March date in their head - will a delay put people off?

BOTW was never announced for March to begin with. It wasn't even announced as an NX launch title, just that it would be coming to the NX at some point.

The Wii U version could launch first for all we know.

Wait whaaaaaaaat :o BotW hasn't actually been given even a month it's released in yet? Why have I had March 2017 in my head?! How can they still not even have dated it?!

The Wii U version could launch first for all we know.

They said in the past that they would both arrive at the same time. Plans do change, though.

We’ve announced that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be coming out on both Wii U and the NX. Released at the same time for both.

Wait whaaaaaaaat :o BotW hasn't actually been given even a month it's released in yet? Why have I had March 2017 in my head?! How can they still not even have dated it?!

Probably because the assumption is that it will launch with the NX.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

My money is still on both of them releasing on March though. They insisted that E3 was for games that were coming out soon, and they mainly showed Zelda, so I remain hopeful. Also, releasing BotW for Wii U first and then for NX at launch after a few months would be a really weird move imo. Depending on what the other launch games are, that might delay some Wii U owners NX's purchase. And they need a strong NX release.

To be fair, the official site listed it for March, then altered that listing quickly when they realised they hadn't actually announced it for March

From Gaf, who got it from the WSJ.

TOKYO— Nintendo Co. plans to adopt cartridges for its next-generation videogame console, people familiar with the matter said, a step that might prompt a reassessment of the old-school format.

However, chip-based cartridges are garnering renewed attention thanks to fierce competition among semiconductor makers including Samsung Electronics Co. and Toshiba Corp. to develop flash memory that can pack more data onto small chips at a lower cost.

Industry watchers said cartridges were a reasonable choice for Nintendo’s next-generation system, code-named NX, because the company targets a wider range of consumers than Sony or Microsoft.

They are “no doubt today’s best format to physically distribute games,” said Atsushi Osanai, a former Sony employee who is now a visiting fellow at Harvard University.

Analysts have said an announcement could come ahead of the Tokyo Game Show, which begins Sept. 15.

Please let this happen!

We can only hope that these brave analysts have forsoothen correctly.

Nintendo did only announce the 3DS direct 2 days before it happened so it's certainly possible it'll be a quick turn around and they'll announce it in the next week or so. They showed off the Wii controller for the first time the day before TGS started in 2005 so they definitely have previous.

Edited by killthenet

More stuff from Emily Rogers.

I don’t expect many things to dramatically change between the prototype and the final product. Furthermore, I believe NX will hit its March launch without any delays because it is ahead of schedule.

Disclaimer: Everything in this blog post is rumor until proven otherwise. Please take everything with a grain of salt.

Here is what you can expect from the final retail product:

• Custom Nvidia GPU chip
  • Region Free (No region lock) <– Confirmed this.
  • Six inch (6.2 inch?) multi-touch screen (Heard nothing about a stylus)
  • The touchscreen has 720p resolution. <— 100% Confirmed.
  • 32GB of built-in internal storage
  • SD card support
  • Supports USB 2.0 and 3.0
  • The dock has two 2.0 usb ports and one 3.0 usb port.
  • The device is around 14 – 15 mm in thickness.
  • The right analogue stick will be below the face buttons.
  • Camera and microphone are not built into the NX portable device.
  • Cooling is still a little noisy
  • Detachable controllers (motion controls and next-gen vibration technology) <– Everything Laura Kate Dale said in her article was correct.
  • Share / Social button that Laura Kate Dale posted is true.
  • There are at least two shoulder buttons. I haven’t heard anything yet about triggers.
  • Battery Life — Ehhh not great. I haven’t heard an exact number of hours, but it doesn’t sound great.
  • Below PS4 and XB1 in raw power.
  • Supports Unreal Engine 4 and Unity Engine.
  • I’ve heard that this is close to the final retail product. Take with a grain of salt because this is just a rumor.

Region Free (No region lock) <– Confirmed this. :smile:

The device is around 14 – 15 mm in thickness. :smile:

Cooling is still a little noisy :hmm:

I haven’t heard anything yet about triggers. :hmm:

Battery Life — Ehhh not great. :sad:

Hopefully the cooling in place in the dev kits is to overclock the X1 to comparable speed of the X2 and that the final product features thd X2 with no active cooling. Could also be something that effects the battery life significantly, fans do use a lot of power, so hopefully without a fan and with a new, more efficient APU the battery life will be reasonable.

Don't we need triggers for GC VC games?

No way this is delayed. This is defiantly coming out in March. No doubt about it.

In regards to battery life, if it isn't that great then it's vital

that there is very low power consumption in sleep mode.

Edited by liger05