NEurope
Kav

Playtonic Games (ex Rare employees)

I'd much rather see them go multiplatform. Would be the greatest thing for gamers.

I'd much rather see them go multiplatform. Would be the greatest thing for gamers.

Actually, I agree. Nintendo would only hinder the company with online restrictions etc going forward.

http://news.playtonicgames.com/and-then-there-were-seven/

They've hired a non-Rare writer/social media guy. Not significant news, but I wanted to quote this

He’s been a massive fan of our past work and he’s now a fan on the inside who’ll be the first to scream at us should we step out of line with any bad ideas all you other fans wouldn’t like…he’s already vetoed 5 ideas today based upon a magic wrench and the buidling of vehicles…

Actually, I agree. Nintendo would only hinder the company with online restrictions etc going forward.

That wasn't really my point, though :D

The potential this studio has should not go to waste on one platform. History shows that these people are capable of creating some of the finest video games and I'd love to see their next installment on every possible platform. :)

For us gamers' sake.

he’s already vetoed 5 ideas today based upon a magic wrench and the building of vehicles…

I already love them :laughing:

Nintendo should just buy/fund/invest in these guys right now!

I'm still waiting to hear that A Hat in Time is coming to WiiU, so I think it'll be a long while until we hear of the new Nintendo getting on board with these guys despite their history.

Great tweet from Playtonic...

BDC48CD4-B25E-4D35-B1A8-96E7F207F942_zpsthz6r5ch.jpg

What's the pic on the right from?

...What's the pic on the right from?

It's a little teaser for the main characters of their first project, it's on their website.

Don't get your hopes up too much.

From their website:

[...] we’re preparing to show a tiny tease of our first game at EGX Rezzed on Saturday.

You’ll be able to watch the whole talk streamed live from 4pm GMT, but to be absolutely clear, you speculative scamps, our presentation *won’t* be a bombastic, E3-style unveiling, but we will have *some* cool stuff to show you.

I expect the characters being reveiled. That's basically it.

2gpMWwL.jpg

NWbMEoK.jpg

Edit: There was an alternate picture on the stream

zYolfxH.jpg

Look in the bottom left.

Probably Wii U version, potential amiibo support, classic Rare developers. I'm so in

Edited by Serebii

Video for those who missed it.

I loved what I heard about the game and world they are trying to create. I did have a laugh at their pop at Nuts and Bolts, as well as the industry in general.

I've never helped fund any kickstarter project but this project is something I can really get behind.

Any idea when the kickstarter is going up? I've never donated to one either, extremely tempted here though.

More details are in! The game is called Yooka-Laylee, starring a chameleon called Yooka and a bat called Laylee. More details tomorrow when the kickstarter...kicks off.

Looks fantastic! This may well be the first Kickstarter that I actually back!

I LOVE the look! It's so charmingly 90s! :D (and the name is very clever as well!)

Gameplay looks very ambitious; looks great so far... Hope they're not biting off more than they can chew though...

Gameplay looks very ambitious; looks great so far... Hope they're not biting off more than they can chew though...

Keep in mind that they have already planned and budgeted the game without Kickstarter. This isn't an "indie" team, it's a group of professionals.

They're using Kickstarter to help them make the game even better.

Keep in mind that they have already planned and budgeted the game without Kickstarter. This isn't an "indie" team, it's a group of professionals.

They're using Kickstarter to help them make the game even better.

Of course, I know that these guys know their stuff. It's just that a 3D platformer of this kind of scale is a huge undertaking for a small team like this...

I gotta say.. I'm not feeling it :hmm:

To me, it initially looks like a lot of the generic 3D platform games of the time and the design of Yooka and Laylee doesn't really make me feel any differently. Hopefully it will all improve with time, though, as it's obviously in it's infancy right now :heh: