NEurope
nekunando

Your 2015 Gaming Diary

I especially enjoyed the little nods and references to the original Zelda.

The Oracles started as a Zelda I remake so it's not surprising they kept some references. Still cool nonetheless.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Finished Ultimate NES Remix last night. Took me a couple of hours to complete Bonus stage 27.

I still stand that if you played the Wii U versions then you don't need to play this, but it's still a great game. Really enjoyed it. Also found out it does have replays which I didn't think it had.

I'm not going through Famicom Remix mode. :p Maybe some day.

Not sure what I feel like playing next on the 3DS now...

Getting through a surprising amount this year. :grin:

Completed

Wind Waker HD

Axelay

Afterburner II

Streets of Rage

Playing

New Super Mario Bros U

Up Next

Super Mario 3D World

Downloaded and played through Axelay. I always thought it looked really good, with the upgradeable weapons and the way it alternated vertical- and side-scrolling stages. Plus, the spaceship just looks cool! Thing is, even Easy mode is quite difficult, and that's with Restore Points! Don't think I'd have got very far if I'd had the SNES cartridge. On Virtual Console, however, it's just right.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Then I downloaded an old favourite, Afterburner II, which I'll post more about in the Sega 3D Classics thread. Nothing stirs my nostalgia quite like a Sega game, though, and I can never play one without having a go of several others. Last night, after Afterburner II, I blasted through the entirety of Streets of Rage! This is also a cartridge I never owned at the time (just borrowed it from friends and played it round their houses). In truth, I always felt others were more fond of it than I was, but I enjoy it nowadays more than I used to. The music is great, especially Level 7, and it just makes me feel young again.

I love my Sega Nights.

Currently Playing

Alien Isolation - main story completed. DLC needs to be completed.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - currently playing

The Walking Dead Season 1 - currently playing

Grand Theft Auto V - started but not far at all

Injustice: Gods Among Us - I've done this on the WiiU (the story mode) but am going to go through it again.

FIFA 15 - can't really be completed I guess

Drive Club - played tons but have loads of stuff to do yet

Watch Dogs - think I'm very close to the end. Need to finish the story.

Yet to start

The Walking Dead Season 2

Metro 2033 Redux

Metro Last Light Redux

Dust: An Elysian Tail

FeZ

inFAMOUS First Light

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

Strider

Steamworld Dig

Transistor

Trine 2

Valiant Hearts

Velocity 2X

Think there's more.

2015 Completed Games

Nothing yet. Soon.jpeg

I've mostly been alternating between Elite Dangerous and GTA Online this weekend. To be honest its nice to feel like I am actually enjoying games again. Lately I hadnt been playing a lot and when I did they were barely holding my attention but now ive connected my consoles up to my smaller TV on my desk and it really does seem to be helping.

Also played a bit of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Twilight Princess to test them out as well but I'll probably get more into them when I've got less games in my backlog.

Elite Dangerous is just gorgeous by the way!

7F89B85BF3A509CE8971803DD52B875511DFD70D

D9F55DB41D36FD772A4405EB09EED27A302B0F3D

Toad is DONE. GREAT GREAT game. Classic Nintendo magic, pure fun and unlike anything else out there. I'm sure we'll look back in it as a classic like Luigis mansion.

Decided to continue with super Mario Land 2 (gb) which I forget about. Might finish that tonight.

Also playing teatrhythm, art of balance, pullblox, shovel knight and I'm about to start ocarina again to get ready for Majoras.

With no decent releases I'm going to finish game after game!

I'm pleased to say that I cleared Viewtiful Joe last night :yay: It was really fun getting back into the game again, even if it was a little tricky at times. Fortunately, it probably wasn't as difficult as I was led to believe over the years and I'm left debating whether to jump straight into the untouched sequel or return to something like Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow whilst the increasingly comfortable GC controller feels so good in my hands :heh:

The debate didn't last for very long as I decided to go with Pandora Tomorrow :heh:

51ZSS0XC65L.jpg

I've been chipping away at it over the last couple of evenings and, much like Viewtiful Joe, once I got to grips with everything again I've found myself having a really good time :yay:

I always liked the original Splinter Cell but could never really get into this one, partially due to too many other gaming distractions over the years. My Wavebird is getting some serious love in 2015, though, and it feels pretty good to be clearing up some of the numerous loose ends on Gamecube :red:

I actually bought Splinter Cell Trilogy HD on the PlayStation Store a few months ago for little over a fiver but only ever played a little of the way through the original before realising I didn't like it as much as the GC version. I now see that as wasted money, much like the rest of my PSN downloads over the last year or two, but it did ultimately help me get back into Pandora Tomorrow so.. that's good.. right..? ::shrug:

To copy Hero, here's some screenshots, though I don't post as I go through, maybe i should start!!

I got a bit fixated with the stamps...

Nintendo deleted this one...

15690587504_9a388418c1_o.jpg

Erm, how do you add miiverse posts?!!?

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

Erm, how do you add miiverse posts?!!?

You need to add

Edited by Hero-of-Time

You need to add
to each post.

Cheers Hero, surprisingly easy!!

Well I completed The Last of Us Remastered during the week. I had some negative thoughts of it in previous posts from about half way through it. Well not negative, but more like I couldn't see what the fuss was with it.

Having gone on to complete I have to say my opnion of it has changed considerably and I can't believe I ever thought this game was overrated.

The latter missions in the game are truly incredible and created some amazing moments. I won't write about them here although I can't imagine it'll be a spoiler as I'm probably the last person on earth to complete it.

I've not felt that attached to characters in a game in such a long time. Tidus & Yuna from FFX and Ryu Hazuki from Shenmue are the last times I can remember being so involved and attached to characters. I wanted to protect Ellie, I wanted to make sure she was okay. The final scenes were mind blowing as playing as Joel in those predicaments I felt like I was doing that. When explaining stuff to my wife who was watching me play the final few levels, she said "you're talking as if Ellie is a real girl" and when she said that I realized how attached I'd become to her. Absolutely stunning game.

Anyways the list now stands at:

Completed:

Assassins Creed Black Flag (PS4)

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)

Playing:

Thief (PS4)

Knack (PS4)

playing these 2 as they are 2 of 3 games I've not completed in my PS4 collection. All the rest I've done. Will be looking to switch to some WiiU or 3DS games next.

Glad to see the game won you over in the end @Murr. The later sections are the better ones, with most people ( myself included ) liking the Winter chapter the best.

I'm currently playing through Demon's Crest. No pictures due to not being able to post to Miiverse.

I played the first Game Boy game a while back.

This game is way better than the Game Boy one. But it's still bloody hard!

Slowly getting there.

Still haven't finished Captain Toad, that last level is constantly slapping me in the face really hard, like a jerk!

Getting closer to finishing shovel knight, that game gets better and better. Also whacked on ocarina of time to ready myself for Majoras mask. I keep pushing the c stick in the hope it magically controls the camera...

My mission is to finish 10 games this month. 6 down. Shovel knight, ocarina, art of balance and a quick virtual console game I reckon.

Finished another dungeon on Oracle of Ages yesterday. Just the two left to do now. I've brought my 3DS into work and hopefully I will make some good progress during my lunch break. I should be finish this before the week is over.

I fired up Far Cry 4 for a bit last night. Just spent some time climbing the bell towers and opening up a map. I also found my first outpost that needed liberating.

There's a trophy for clearing an outpost without being seen. There were a bunch of enemies walking around, which made wonder just how the hell I was going to do it. I then spotted an elephant that had been caged up. Sorted. I shot the lock off and watched as the elephant wiped the lot of them out for me. Trophy unlocked. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Completed Legend mode in Hyrule Warriors, such great fun I said it in the specific thread but its like a fan fiction love letter to the series, really enjoyed it especially after going in to it thinking "meh".

Now going for green stars on Mario Galaxy 2 and Smashing too, before Prime Trilogy ticks me over until Monster Hunter 4 :)

Completed Legend mode in Hyrule Warriors, such great fun I said it in the specific thread but its like a fan fiction love letter to the series, really enjoyed it especially after going in to it thinking "meh".

Now going for green stars on Mario Galaxy 2 and Smashing too, before Prime Trilogy ticks me over until Monster Hunter 4 :)

I completed Legend Mode too over the weekend but to be honest theres that much content we have basically just started it.

I completed Legend Mode too over the weekend but to be honest theres that much content we have basically just started it.

Get your Link to the Past progress posted! :)

What is legend mode? I think I went on it once... might go through on hard mode and pick up the skulltullas but was hoping to play through it co op.

Was going through the motions with the dregs of Fantasy Life(admittedly still got plenty to do) but thanks to HoT and Dazzybee I've just picked up Kirby Triple Deluxe for £22. Thinking I'll be making me way through that over the next month. Got Shovel Knight to do too, as well as some Weapon Shop de Omasse and Attack of the Friday monsters, and probably some other various backlog with Smash Bros on the side generally. Will keep you posted on progresses!

So I'm up to World 5 on Kirby now, don't foresee much more to go(could be wrong though, it is Kirby after all!). Due to discussions on the Nintendo board last night I sunk a few hours into NSMBU last night, and have now bumped it up on the list to be done next/alongside Kirby, with Shovel Knight next up. Looking at NSMBU and Kirby next to each other - there's arguably a bit of similar structure to the two(complete levels to move through world, collect 3 hidden things, get abilities).

So far enjoying Kirby - it's as easy as Kirby fare is, though I've found occasional challenge and some 'tricky' Sun Stones in that I've missed them first time round, and then maybe had a crack or two at them second time round before getting them. Music's good, visuals are vibrant, nice subtle uses of 3D(and two-plane incorporation into gameplay) - my only criticism I might level at it is that it feels there really isn't all that much variety in the copy abilities. For a game on 3DS I was expecting lots and lots(I feel like Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad had a lot more to them) but it seems that they've just gone with a select few(a couple of which are a bit boring/unremarkable).

The latter missions in the game are truly incredible and created some amazing moments. I won't write about them here although I can't imagine it'll be a spoiler as I'm probably the last person on earth to complete it.

You could say that to complete it you were...

...The Last of Us.

[sunglasses.jpg]

(though I have totes never actually played TLOU so spoiler avoidal was a good choice)

Edited by Rummy

What is legend mode? I think I went on it once... might go through on hard mode and pick up the skulltullas but was hoping to play through it co op.

Legend mode is the story mode.

@Hero\-of\-Time it is all on miiverse. Although i am tempted to put it on here also.

Haha agreed, it does seem like I've barely scratched the surface, not even got any DLC yet (but that's probably because I'm borrowing the game from a friend)

Got Shovel Knight in my 3DS on the go too, but that's for train journeys so lasting me a long time :)

Legend mode is the story mode.

@Hero\-of\-Time it is all on miiverse. Although i am tempted to put it on here also.

Ah, done that. There is another mode isn't there, challenge mode is it? Dint rewlly know what that is.

Ah, done that. There is another mode isn't there, challenge mode is it? Dint rewlly know what that is.

Challenge mode is a bit of an oddity, isn't it?

It seems so pointless.

I had a big session on Oracle of Ages ( just realised I put Seasons in my previous post :D ) last night and managed to finish it off. That's it done a lot sooner than expected.

I think I prefer Ages over Seasons. I just found changing the seasons a bit of a hassle, whereas the travelling back and forth through time wasn't overused.

The Donkey Kong level in the game was absolutely amazing. It had me in stitches having to jump up the platforms to rescue Zelda.

It was great to fight Ganon and get the true linked up ending. Although I think Twinrova, when joined, was a tougher battle than Ganon.

I enjoyed the challenge that each of these games brought. There was very little hand holding and it shows just how easy the series has now become. The story in these games were great as well. With both new and old characters creating a charming world to explore in.

I've now officially finished every Zelda game that Nintendo have made and released over here. I never finished Seasons when I was younger, no idea idea why. Not a bad going either, finishing 3 Zelda games in a few weeks. Glad its over though, as I was starting to get a little burnt out. I now have the chance to rest the series before Majora's Mask hits.

I had a big session on Oracle of Ages ( just realised I put Seasons in my previous post :D ) last night and managed to finish it off. That's it done a lot sooner than expected.

I think I prefer Ages over Seasons. I just found changing the seasons a bit of a hassle, whereas the travelling back and forth through time wasn't overused.

The Donkey Kong level in the game was absolutely amazing. It had me in stitches having to jump up the platforms to rescue Zelda.

It was great to fight Ganon and get the true linked up ending. Although I think Twinrova, when joined, was a tougher battle than Ganon.

I enjoyed the challenge that each of these games brought. There was very little hand holding and it shows just how easy the series has now become. The story in these games were great as well. With both new and old characters creating a charming world to explore in.

I've now officially finished every Zelda game that Nintendo have made and released over here. I never finished Seasons when I was younger, no idea idea why. Not a bad going either, finishing 3 Zelda games in a few weeks. Glad its over though, as I was starting to get a little burnt out. I now have the chance to rest the series before Majora's Mask hits.

Time to take your Hero's secret and do them the other way round, H-o-T! ;)

Personally I've always found Seasons preferable, I wondered if it was because I played it first originally or if it just happens to vibe with me more than Ages does. I must say reading of your adventures it's making me consider going back to them, got them both on 3DS and think I started off with Ages before I had to send my 3DS off for repair at some point then fell off of it. Maybe I'll stick it next up on the handheld list...

Kirby progress is going well, just done a few more stages since yesterday(had a quick tea break just now and whipped through a level). One more stage then the boss of world 5! Going to make me a list and try to work through it;

Current 2015 Gaming

Kirby Triple Deluxe - World 5.

NSMBU - Soda Jungle.

Smashing, generally.

To be done

Shovel Knight

Lego City Undercover

Earthbound

<consider finishing Ages then Seasons?>