NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

FIFA 15

Sounds good but all I saw in your post was the bolded part.

Thank god I'm crap at organising leagues, otherwise I could end up with the job.

I was thinking we could do monthly tournaments as well if the player numbers are good.

Haha, I actually think a league would be easy to do. We wouldn't need to have separate leagues or tables because there wouldn't be more than 20 or so players.

Here's what I propose:

• One league.
  • I don't mind organising the fixture list. Unless somebody else desperately wants to do it.
  • We play one match a week. (we can expand it to 2 if we really want to)
  • Player A and player B organise it amongst themselves when they meet up to play the match. Let's say that the matches must be played before a certain day, e.g. before 23:59 on Sunday. So, that means that A and B have all week (from Monday to Sunday) to organise their match. That way, we're not relying on everybody to come online at the same time to do their games if it's not possible. Unless we do go for that...which would also be fine, but a lot less flexible.

What do you think? The key I think would be to make it fairly flexible, which we can do with this seeing as we only really need two people online (A and B in this case) at a time.

Although, we'll need to do that once we get a big N-Europe team going. But, for the league, maybe make it flexible?

Edit: LOL, lostmario, were you suggesting you could organise the league or did I get that wrong? I think I missed that subtext entirely there. Haha. If you want to do it/help it/we do it together, that could be an option. Either way, whether you do it or I do it or somebody else is, I'm determined to get us all playing FIFA. :D

Edit: LOL, lostmario, were you suggesting you could organise the league or did I get that wrong? I think I missed that subtext entirely there. Haha. If you want to do it/help it/we do it together, that could be an option. Either way, whether you do it or I do it or somebody else is, I'm determined to get us all playing FIFA. :D

With me organising the mario kart league for so many years, whenever someone mentions a league, I'm usually nominated to organise it.

But yeah, I'l be happy to help out.

well I've got my preorder in for the PS4 version (not got the console yet!)

definitely up for a league and that MOTD idea sounds really fun @Fierce_LiNk I'll definitely be sharing my games (despite the likelihood that I'll suck)

With me organising the mario kart league for so many years, whenever someone mentions a league, I'm usually nominated to organise it.

But yeah, I'l be happy to help out.

Sounds great, brah. You've already run a successful league, so to have you on board with that side of things is amazing. This could be something really special! :D

What did you think of my league proposal? No doubt that there will be things that we change to it to make it better, but what did you think about making it flexible with having a week to organise the matches? Anybody else got anything to add with that one?

well I've got my preorder in for the PS4 version (not got the console yet!)

definitely up for a league and that MOTD idea sounds really fun @Fierce_LiNk I'll definitely be sharing my games (despite the likelihood that I'll suck)

Fucking awesome! :D

That's another one, then! Excellent. Welcoooooome.

I've added you to the first page. That brings us to about 7 people (I think) who have the game on pre-order. 11 people down for this already.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Sounds great, brah. You've already run a successful league, so to have you on board with that side of things is amazing. This could be something really special! :D

What did you think of my league proposal? No doubt that there will be things that we change to it to make it better, but what did you think about making it flexible with having a week to organise the matches?

Yeah, I like the idea that the 2 players have a week to organise their game.

Some might need a push to get their games played in those 7 days though.

First, have to find out how many are definitely taking part then put together a fixture list.

What if someone wants to join mid way though, could complicate things a bit.

Yeah, I like the idea that the 2 players have a week to organise their game.

Some might need a push to get their games played in those 7 days though.

First, have to find out how many are definitely taking part then put together a fixture list.

What if someone wants to join mid way though, could complicate things a bit.

That last part is what I was thinking about earlier. I used to play Xpert11 with the guys on here and the tricky thing with that is that you can't join midway through. Mainly because it isn't possible, just like it wouldn't be possible for a team to get promoted or relegated half way through the season.

I've worked through a number of scenarios in my head to try and figure out what all of the options are.

1. We go with one league and say no to newcomers until the league is completed.

2. We go with two leagues, a higher and a lower (Like Premiership and Championship) The theory behind that is that it'll mean the fixture list will be shorter, since the players will be banded into two groups. It would be more newcomer friendly and might even add a bit more competition between being promoted and being relegated, etc. The downside for this is that we will need quite a few players to make this enjoyable.

3. We allow newcomers at any stage but add in extra fixtures to the fixture list (so each player will have an additional game to play in order for the newbie to catch up)

In theory, it's not something that is going to crop up all that often because it relies on three factors: them owning a PS4, them picking up FIFA and then them wanting to join a league. Given we're still a mostly Nintendo demographic, it shouldn't be likely that this will happen often. But, just in case it does, it's good to have a contingency.

Playing Mario Kart 8 online yesterday gave me a bit of a taste for online combat so I decided to borrow FIFA 14 for PS3 off my brother to give it another chance to draw me in :heh:

I'm determined to give myself time to get used to the way it plays and, like I expected, it's starting to feel a little less alien to me after a few games. Hopefully it will somehow win me over in the end as I miss the days of having a new football game to sink my teeth into every Autumn and I'd be encouraged to get FIFA 15 to play online if I feel I'll enjoy it enough. Obviously I wouldn't be able to compete with you PS4 owners, which is a shame, but I played one game of FIFA 14 online earlier and came away with a 3-0 win versus Inter Milan.. so I kinda came away feeling good about myself :indeed:

Yeah might take a little bit of getting used to on PS4 for me as I've had Xbox & 360 for quite a few years now! But that isn't an excuse.

I agree with having one league and no joinsies. How will we go about selecting teams? I'd obviously want to claim Chelsea but they'll be AWESOME unlike Man Poo. Will you have to stick to one side etc?

His win-% is way too high. It'll be like 10% by the end of the season.

:p

Looks cool : peace:

Yeah might take a little bit of getting used to on PS4 for me as I've had Xbox & 360 for quite a few years now! But that isn't an excuse.

I agree with having one league and no joinsies. How will we go about selecting teams? I'd obviously want to claim Chelsea but they'll be AWESOME unlike Man Poo. Will you have to stick to one side etc?

Nothing to stop people choosing the same team.

They would have stick with that team throughout the league season though.

Playing Mario Kart 8 online yesterday gave me a bit of a taste for online combat so I decided to borrow FIFA 14 for PS3 off my brother to give it another chance to draw me in :heh:

I'm determined to give myself time to get used to the way it plays and, like I expected, it's starting to feel a little less alien to me after a few games. Hopefully it will somehow win me over in the end as I miss the days of having a new football game to sink my teeth into every Autumn and I'd be encouraged to get FIFA 15 to play online if I feel I'll enjoy it enough. Obviously I wouldn't be able to compete with you PS4 owners, which is a shame, but I played one game of FIFA 14 online earlier and came away with a 3-0 win versus Inter Milan.. so I kinda came away feeling good about myself :indeed:

Seriously, the more you'll play Fifa 14, the more you'll love it. I really like it as a football game and have got tons of mileage out of only using the demo. Maybe the PS4 version is better, I don't know, but I really like it. It just feels like the way football should be seen and played.

Although, PES2011 on the Wii was brilliant and is probably my all-time favourite. However, you really need to put the hours into that to see any sort of enjoyment or to develop your skill. For that reason, for a quick go against your mates who have never played it, it's inherently useless. Fifa is much easier to pick up and play.

Could always just pick teams with the same star rating?

Aha, I was thinking about this earlier today, too. (I do a lot of thinking)

We have a number of options available to us, so it's all about just going with the one that we feel will allow us to have a bit of fun but also keep it competitive.

Here's what I've come up with. They're not in order of preference, just possibilities.

1. We register players in the league through their username. Every week, they are allowed to choose whatever team that they want.

2. We register players in the league through their username, however they choose one team and must stick to that team throughout the league. E.g, Ell, you must always be Chelsea, I must always be Man United (obviously, loooool)

3. We register players in the league through the team that they have chosen and can only have one person choosing each team. E.g, Ell, you are the ONLY person able to choose Chelsea, MadDog is the ONLY one allowed to be Liverpool, etc.

4. We select a list of teams that are of a similar ability and select a team at random for each player. So, I could end up with Arsenal (not likely, cause they have 1star rating, looooool), Lostmario may end up with Borussia Dortmund, etc.

5. Idon'tknowlooool

@Fierce_LiNk, what you think?

N-EFifatable_zpsbbc7a65b.jpg

Thanks to @RedShell for creating the Logo

Looks juicy as fuck, brah. I'm liking it. That logo is sweet.

Can we fiddle with the columns so it was something like the Premier League table that the BBC have? Would that be an idea worth looking into?

So, Played, Win, Draw, Loss, Goals for, goals against, goal difference, Points. Not sure if we'd need win%.

His win-% is way too high. It'll be like 10% by the end of the season.

:p

Looks cool : peace:

U r 1 cheeky fukin cunt m8 i swer on me mums lyf i wil hook u in da gabba brah

U r 1 cheeky fukin cunt m8 i swer on me mums lyf i wil hook u in da gabba brah

tumblr_lnhst0zFKc1qftrux.gif

I've played in a Fifa League a couple of years ago. Everyone had to choose one team and had to stick with it. However, four star rating only.

I'd vote for this :p

Edit: And every team only once in the league

Edited by drahkon

I'm more interested in PES this year. I've been reading/hearing good things about it. I look forward to trying demos for both games.

tumblr_lnhst0zFKc1qftrux.gif

I've played in a Fifa League a couple of years ago. Everyone had to choose one team and had to stick with it. However, four star rating only.

I'd vote for this :p

Edit: And every team only once in the league

What if we had three players who wanted to go Barcelona? How would we decide who gets that team? Each option brings up problems, so we need to think carefully about how we do it. If somebody gets a team that they don't like, they're more likely to stop playing and drop out of the league.

What if we had three players who wanted to go Barcelona? How would we decide who gets that team? Each option brings up problems, so we need to think carefully about how we do it. If somebody gets a team that they don't like, they're more likely to stop playing and drop out of the league.

Then the only possible option is to allow each player to choose whichever team he/she wants.

Then the only possible option is to allow each player to choose whichever team he/she wants.

There's solutions to each of those problems. An option with having one Barcelona for example would be to maybe group/find all of these similar rated teams and maybe ask users one by one to choose their team of preference. We could start alphabetically, or draw names out of a hat for that. There are ways of doing it.

We could just allow users to choose whatever team they wanted each week, or choose one and stick to it, etc. There's different options and each of those have their own problems and solutions. The most important part though is that everyone has a good time and we keep it fun yet competitive. So, if that means going for one option over another, then we do that.

Well, in the end I don't really care as I'll probably get my ass kicked when everybody plays with full assists while I have everything set to manual because that's the only way to play :p

Drawing names out of a hat would be ideal.

Seriously, the more you'll play Fifa 14, the more you'll love it. I really like it as a football game and have got tons of mileage out of only using the demo. Maybe the PS4 version is better, I don't know, but I really like it. It just feels like the way football should be seen and played.

Although, PES2011 on the Wii was brilliant and is probably my all-time favourite. However, you really need to put the hours into that to see any sort of enjoyment or to develop your skill. For that reason, for a quick go against your mates who have never played it, it's inherently useless. Fifa is much easier to pick up and play.

I've been playing FIFA 14 online over the weekend and whilst I still feel like I'm fighting against the game itself a lot of the time, I'm starting to feel the thrill of the combat :heh:

I'm not really sure what modes there are, but I've been playing 'Seasons' and have comfortably moved up 2 divisions having won all but 2 of my matches, which included a 3-3 draw and a 2-0 defeat where, in fairness, I felt pretty hard done by!

It feels like a compelling set up as striving for promotion is genuinely exciting and the matches really feel like they mean something.. hence my real life celebrations when I score :yay:

I think I'm right in saying that you joked previously that going online with a console other than a Nintendo must feel like stepping into the future. That's difficult to argue at this point :indeed:

Well, in the end I don't really care as I'll probably get my ass kicked when everybody plays with full assists while I have everything set to manual because that's the only way to play :p

Drawing names out of a hat would be ideal.

We'll see what others say firstly about which option they would prefer, then we'll look at how to go about doing that. So, if we go with only one Barcelona, we'll then look at how that can be done. (drawing names from a hat, for example)

What would people prefer out of those options? I'll post them here again in this spoiler tag:

1. We register players in the league through their username. Every week, they are allowed to choose whatever team that they want.

2. We register players in the league through their username, however they choose one team and must stick to that team throughout the league. E.g, Ell, you must always be Chelsea, I must always be Man United (obviously, loooool)

3. We register players in the league through the team that they have chosen and can only have one person choosing each team. E.g, Ell, you are the ONLY person able to choose Chelsea, MadDog is the ONLY one allowed to be Liverpool, etc.

4. We select a list of teams that are of a similar ability and select a team at random for each player. So, I could end up with Arsenal (not likely, cause they have 1star rating, looooool), Lostmario may end up with Borussia Dortmund, etc.

5. Idon'tknowlooool

I'll give my preference later on, so as not to sway anyone right now. :D

I've been playing FIFA 14 online over the weekend and whilst I still feel like I'm fighting against the game itself a lot of the time, I'm starting to feel the thrill of the combat :heh:

I'm not really sure what modes there are, but I've been playing 'Seasons' and have comfortably moved up 2 divisions having won all but 2 of my matches, which included a 3-3 draw and a 2-0 defeat where, in fairness, I felt pretty hard done by!

It feels like a compelling set up as striving for promotion is genuinely exciting and the matches really feel like they mean something.. hence my real life celebrations when I score :yay:

I think I'm right in saying that you joked previously that going online with a console other than a Nintendo must feel like stepping into the future. That's difficult to argue at this point :indeed:

Haha, that could have been me...I'm not sure really! I'd agree though, it does feel like stepping into the future.

There's a certain feeling that I get with Fifa that I don't get with Pro Evo. The visuals, seeing the teams, players, etc...I think it all comes together as a package and just makes the game come alive. Each game feels like a Saturday 3:00pm Premier League kick-off. I love that.

Keep at it, maybe you'll grow to love it even more.

Keep at it, maybe you'll grow to love it even more.

I'm already feeling more interested in FIFA 15 as local multiplayer is becoming increasingly more restricted and I'm getting a buzz from competing online that I haven't felt for years :eek:

If the new FIFA can improve the gamplay in a few key areas on the PS3 version, I'd be happy with that. I fear there'll be too much focus on the 'next-gen' :heh:

I've preordered too. Looking forward to it. Pretty confident I'll demolish everyone in here though... Can I be spurs?

Looks juicy as fuck, brah. I'm liking it. That logo is sweet.

Can we fiddle with the columns so it was something like the Premier League table that the BBC have? Would that be an idea worth looking into?

So, Played, Win, Draw, Loss, Goals for, goals against, goal difference, Points. Not sure if we'd need win%.

Not a problem

FifaLeague_zpscc0c7b86.jpg

Pretty confident I'll demolish everyone in here though...

God I hope I get you in my first game.

Sign in to follow this