NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Now

Anyone else get in the Beta? I'm trying it now.

Pants. I didn't even know there was a beta. Can you still sign up?

I got an email, shall be trying it tomorrow. Wonder if you can play the PS3 PS+ games through this service?

Edited by Jimbob

Pants. I didn't even know there was a beta. Can you still sign up?

I'm not sure if you can sign up and I did it so long ago I can't even remember where. (Edit: Oh right, the link is on the previous page.)

It works perfectly, though. Just tried out Homefront - which is awful - and Saints Row 3 and it works perfectly. No lag at all, from what I could tell.

My mind is kind of blown.

I'm not sure if you can sign up and I did it so long ago I can't even remember where. (Edit: Oh right, the link is on the previous page.)

It works perfectly, though. Just tried out Homefront - which is awful - and Saints Row 3 and it works perfectly. No lag at all, from what I could tell.

My mind is kind of blown.

How is it in terms of pricing model?

What games do you currently have access to?

What's the visual quality like?

You can still sign up it seems, will see how it goes, the games on offer seem a bit poor choices - i would have thought they'd have at least a few bigger names to test the system with

How is it in terms of pricing model?

What games do you currently have access to?

What's the visual quality like?

Visual quality; it's like my PS3 is plugged in.

The list of games is bad, but they were bad when the US Beta went up and that improved over time so I don't think it's worth commenting on too much at the moment.

Pricing model is 2 or 30 day rental. Both a free options at the moment.

You can still sign up it seems, will see how it goes, the games on offer seem a bit poor choices - i would have thought they'd have at least a few bigger names to test the system with

Yeah, they're mostly dross but I wouldn't really expect Sony to drop money on big titles for testing. Batman, Saints Row and Blood Dragon ain't bad, though.

Visual quality; it's like my PS3 is plugged in.

The list of games is bad, but they were bad when the US Beta went up and that improved over time so I don't think it's worth commenting on too much at the moment.

Pricing model is 2 or 30 day rental. Both a free options at the moment.

Yeah, they're mostly dross but I wouldn't really expect Sony to drop money on big titles for testing. Batman, Saints Row and Blood Dragon ain't bad, though.

Really? Is the visual quality that good then? I'm impressed. On first impressions, would you say it's impressive?

I know that they mentioned a subscription service in the future, so I'd be up for that. They'll add in more games, so I guess I'm not concerned about that yet, just curious about what's up there.

Have any issues cropped up for you so far? Is it easy to navigate through the menus to stream the game? Cheers for answering my questions. :D

From what I remember when Giant Bomb were testing it they were impressed with the quality and streaming, it was only really fighting and racing games where you started to notice latency.

Of course this will mostly depend on the quality of your Internet connection. I'm pretty sure my 3 meg line wont be able to handle it.

Really? Is the visual quality that good then? I'm impressed. On first impressions, would you say it's impressive?

I know that they mentioned a subscription service in the future, so I'd be up for that. They'll add in more games, so I guess I'm not concerned about that yet, just curious about what's up there.

Have any issues cropped up for you so far? Is it easy to navigate through the menus to stream the game? Cheers for answering my questions. :D

It's literally exactly like emulating a PS3 on your PS4. The game gets a tile on the PS4 menu like any PS4 or PSN game. You start it up, it takes about ten seconds - if that - to start and then you're away. It has trophies, you can access your friends list. You can import PS3 saves off the cloud, too.

Visual quality is as impressive as the PS3's. Maybe someone who isn't a layman might take issue but it looked nothing but it looks great and I have a 48" TV (I think it is anyway) so I got a good look. Ha!

@Happenstance mentioned racing games might have an issue, I've not tired it out. Motorstorm Apocalypse is on there - which I love - so I'll be testing that out and get back to you. From the driving I did in Saints Row though, it ran perfectly. Maybe I should scrutinize it more. I kind of got swept up in the fact it was working at all.

EDIT: Just played 2-player local Motorstorm Apocalypse. Ran just as well as it did on PS3. This is definitely revolutionary. It's damn impressive.

Edited by Daft

Playing some dirt 3. One of my fave games. Slight delay but its something you can get used to. Very impressive!

I've read people's impressions on Reddit, some people seem to have a fair amount of lag. I'm literally down the road from the internet exchange so I think I've got a bit of an advantage.

Has anyone tested a fighter yet from here? That'll be interesting to see, not sure if it'll work.

I'm just impressed that this works at all. What a world we live in! The good thing is that this technology is just going to get better. :D

Yeah i played blaze blue or whatever, seemed fine. I didn't know what was going on didn't have much trouble with the game itself though. Possibly cause it was on easy 😊

Edited by James

I tried getting on yesterday, but kept getting one of them maintenance messages so couldn't even download the app.

I got into the beta! :D

Currently playing Batman Arkham City, it runs flawlessly... I still suck at the game but it's running without stuttering.

This is glorious. : peace:

Yeah well impressed by the quality of gameplay so far, played Beyond: Two Souls which I missed last generation. Ran so smoothly, really felt like I was just playing the game natively. I did have the audio stream mess up once but a restart fixed it. I have 100MB fibre so can't fault latency so far.

The selection would need to be a fair bit better for me to spend much on the final product.

Edited by Shorty

There was a raft of new games added yesterday, I tried out street fighter 4 and got to say it plays very smoothly. Can't remember the full list but Uncharted 2 was on there.

it plays very smoothly.

But this is supposed to be impossible...what about the laws of physics? :p

Great to hear that it runs just fine :)

I've no idea why I never got an invite for this, pretty sure I filled it in. Done it again anyhow.

Is anyone else having problems starting this up? Keeps saying I need to buy the game from the store.

There was a raft of new games added yesterday, I tried out street fighter 4 and got to say it plays very smoothly. Can't remember the full list but Uncharted 2 was on there.

That's awesome. I'm keen to hear how stuff like SFIV plays on this and racing games. They're the two types of games that I think would possibly be difficult to play via streaming.

Is it possible to get into the beta still?

Got my invite to the beta today so I'll finally be able to test it out. With my 3 meg connection though I'm not expecting much!