NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

It is a red but I believe we cited reference to a few incidents (Vertonghen twice...) about reactions and no sending off. I agree there should be consistency and retrospectively after a match as well and then the players will learn soon enough!

Also quit moaning about Europa league Dazzy.

Arsenal are in deep $h1t, 2-0 now. I wouldn't mind but Monaco look really ordinary and they couldn't have got a much easier draw all things considered.

Arsenal looked like they believed they were as good as through to the last 8 after the first 5 minutes, when it went to 2-0 the heads dropped and the passing got worse. No shape, no discipline and no desire to go for it, we got what we deserved, simple as that. I think we need a second holding player because Mertesacker had no protection with Bellerin rushing forward at every opportunity and Coquelin trying to make driving runs and breaking up the play too far up the pitch.

Was playing the Mario Kart League but switched over in time to see Dejan Lovren take Liverpools 5th penalty. I knew he'd miss, not just the keeper save it but that he'd blaze it anywhere but on target. He's cost Liverpool so much this season. They have to regret that signing, even worse than Mario.

@dazzybee Your dream is over. There goes your best chance at Champions League football next season.

Poor Lovren, just when he probably thought his season couldn't get any worse.

Ah well.

Feels like the football gods deciding it would be poetic and fitting to put us out on pens after the all the fuss over the pen last week.

I was thinking during the game all these cup runs this season have been really unconvincing, bungling our way through against weaker opposition a lot, we were poor again tonight so it's hard to feel aggrieved.

Poor Lovren, just when he probably thought his season couldn't get any worse.

Ah well.

Feels like the football gods deciding it would be poetic and fitting to put us out on pens after the all the fuss over the pen last week.

I was thinking during the game all these cup runs this season have been really unconvincing, bungling our way through against weaker opposition a lot, we were poor again tonight so it's hard to feel aggrieved.

Can't win all the shoot outs in Instabul.

Was playing the Mario Kart League but switched over in time to see Dejan Lovren take Liverpools 5th penalty. I knew he'd miss, not just the keeper save it but that he'd blaze it anywhere but on target. He's cost Liverpool so much this season. They have to regret that signing, even worse than Mario.

@dazzybee Your dream is over. There goes your best chance at Champions League football next season.

I'm glad we're out of that God awful compeititon, I'm just pissed off at out shit manager he took the first team out there to screw us out of Sunday too. At least we had a dream. Liverpool got lucky once and will be back scraping for a Europa spot!

What a terrible week for English teams in Europe. Well done to Everton mind you, hope they can kick on from here.

On the plus side I have a soft spot for Serie A, so nice to see those teams doing well for a change. Really want Juve to progress now but its going to very tough to stop Dortmund at home. On a knife edge that tie.

Almost feel silly I didnt put a bet on against Arsenal. I like them but this has become so predictable now. Spurs fans must feel silly rubbing it in now considering how they got on...that said I hope they win at the weekend. They've been an enjoyable team this season.

I think everyone but Chelsea fans hope Spurs win on Sunday.

Any Arsenal fan wanting Spurs to win, can throw themselves in front of the next bus they see.

Ah Sunderland, you were doing so well up until the red card and penalty. That's ruined the game, another $h1t€ performance covered over with a plaster. Bring on the big guns.

Edit: And there you go, 2-0 now. Rooney's first goals in 8 games. Helps when you score a penalty and are playing against 10 men.

Edited by Wii

Ah Sunderland, you were doing so well up until the red card and penalty. That's ruined the game, another $h1t€ performance covered over with a plaster. Bring on the big guns.

Edit: And there you go, 2-0 now. Rooney's first goals in 8 games. Helps when you score a penalty and are playing against 10 men.

Also helps when you're playing up front instead of in midfield.

Januzaj was the man of the match for me. We suddenly had pace and somebody willing to run at people and take shots. Young did well in the first half but Di Maria...fuck me, he's testing our patience.

We were never in danger of losing the game but we need to start actually taking more shots and working the opposition keeper a bit more. That's how we inevitably scored the second.

Blind and Herrera should start every game. Falcao didn't really do an awful lot and should have scored at least two before he was subbed. I'd be tempted to just go with Rooney up top and play Mata behind him. Alternatively, we could do with a really pacey striker or somebody with good movement. The movement from the forwards this season has been poor and this is partly why we don't score enough. Falcao's movement today was awful and the moment before the penalty was pretty much all he's done well in his last few games.

Also helps when you're playing up front instead of in midfield.

He played up front last week against Swansea and fairly certain he was up front for the first half against Burnley until Blind got injured. He's had his chances this season but has been crap.

"we cannot deny that at this moment we don't have a striker who scores 20 goals in the season."
- Van Gaal speaking in the last 24 hours.

He played up front last week against Swansea and fairly certain he was up front for the first half against Burnley until Blind got injured. He's had his chances this season but has been crap.

- Van Gaal speaking in the last 24 hours.

Tbh, none of the strikers have been that good. Out of the bunch, Rooney is the better one. RvP hasn't been great and Falcao has been really poor. RvP will go through patches of good form but we're still waiting for Falcao.

I'd rather see Wilson start or at least given a run-out. That's the whole reason why we gave players like Mcnair a chance anyway. If the senior players aren't doing it, look to the youth. Januzaj was miles better than Di Maria today.

Chuffed to bits with the result and our performance today. We could have easily had a few more goals as well. Both our goals were something special but I think Hendersons was the better of the two.

I don't know how Van Gaal is still in that job... but I'm glad he is! Haha

Thank you Liverpool... I just hope we can capitalise when we play our game in hand.

@dazzybee, excited for today?

I don't know how Van Gaal is still in that job... but I'm glad he is! Haha

Thank you Liverpool... I just hope we can capitalise when we play our game in hand.

@dazzybee, excited for today?

Erm. No!! And rumours we're playing Vorm and not Lloris because he's our domestic cup keeper... I'm really disliking pochetino with each passing game...

Liverpool have done amazingly well in the league recently and yet we still haven't quite managed to sneak into the top 4. I dread to think how far we'd be off the pace if we hadn't been on such a good run :eek:

To beat Man City, Southamption, Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham and draw with Everton in our last 5 league games is pretty impressive :hehe:

I'm very happy, today :yay:

Coutinho, take a bow son.

Again.

Countinho was the man once more, but I thought Joe allen was a bit of an unsung hero for us today, I've not been overly impressed with him since he joined us but I thought he was class in an understated way today.

Van Gaal is surviving and avoiding much criticism because of his reputation. Who cares? It's in the past and he had good teams. He doesn't here. He's like the emperor with no clothes but nobody's saying anything. Swap Van Gaal with Moyes and the backlash would be huge. Their performance is very similar. Moyes was wanted out in some sections by Christmas yet this great pretender is unscathed? I hope United keep him as I hoped they kept Moyes. I need and enjoy the laughs. The wheels should come careering off in the next 2 months or so before slamming head first into a lamppost and pronounced dead at the scene.

Van Gaal is surviving and avoiding much criticism because of his reputation..

To be honest, I don't think he is avoiding criticism as everyone has been questioning Man United the whole season. His reputation is, however, giving him the opportunity to highlight his successes elsewhere and is certainly buying him more leniency because I'm sure there is a belief somewhere in the ranks that he will get them purring eventually.. though top 4 is surely a minimum requirement given the money spent and the position they have occupied for the last few months.

At this point, I'm sure nobody really cares how he does it. They just want him to deliver Champions League football for next season from which they can then kick on from. Personally, I hope they finally get found out in the coming weeks and that Liverpool batter them at Anfield :heh:

Have I missed something here? We won our game comfortably yesterday and dominated it. We just need to score more goals.