Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

lostmario

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 levels sounds a bit limp....

And the worst amiibo support yet :(

28 levels and 40 Challenge Mode stages is significantly longer than the original Canvas Curse/Power Paintbrush (which had 21 levels, 3 minigames and 3 boss battles; not counting the final boss battle. That's it!)

The stages in the DS game were also longer than your typical Kirby level as well, so I'd assume that the same applies here.

The aesthetics of this game are just stunning. It's such a shame that most of gameplay will be spent looking at the GamePad

Unless you're playing multiplayer, then the 3 Waddle Dee players get to play on the TV ;)

Edited by Dcubed

The aesthetics of this game are just stunning. It's such a shame that most of gameplay will be spent looking at the GamePad

Looks gorgeous in vids. Shame it won't look anything like that on the gamepad.

Gives me another reason to moan at Nintendo for not going with 720p screen resolution on the pad.

To be honest if I had a choice over playing this game on the current low res gamepad or 3DS I would rather it was released on the 3DS.

Gamepad hurts my hands, hate the rubbish battery life and playing this game on my travels would be perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

• Kirby and the Rainbow Curse will take up 3.5GB, Nintendo’s website confirms.
  • Save files are another 1.5 MB.
  • There are three save files, by the way.
  • The GamePad is mandatory for single-player in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.
  • Those who join in for co-op (up to three additional players) can use the Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, or Classic Controller Pro.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/axyj/detail/

• Kirby and the Rainbow Curse will take up 3.5GB, Nintendo’s website confirms.
  • Save files are another 1.5 MB.
  • There are three save files, by the way.
  • The GamePad is mandatory for single-player in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.
  • Those who join in for co-op (up to three additional players) can use the Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, or Classic Controller Pro.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/axyj/detail/

Well that's a nice touch :) (no motion controls though? A shame. Could've been some potential there, but I suppose they have already done that three times now with Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return to Dreamland/Kirby's Adventure Wii and Triple Deluxe, so eh :p )

Also, no GCN controller support? Don't see why not? Why not give it another use for those who have them lying around?