NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Just rewatched the Direct since I had to do site stuff during parts and missed things...

LOCAL MULTIPLAYER EXISTS :yay:

It existed in the E3 build last year...

It was talked about but it was never shown before the Direct.

That was actually online multiplayer, just in a local set-up. Can't tell if you're joking though

Yes they've put more up of all of those at various points in the last few months. This is a game that isn't even out for another month and a half. Of course they wouldn't stop selling these after half an hour of sales.

Not once has Little Mac or Shulk been restocked. Rosalina did but that lasted about 5 mins.

I just know I played it with others in the same room. Assumed it was local multiplayer LAN, but I guess online makes more sense.

I'll go back to bed.

I just know I played it with others in the same room. Assumed it was local multiplayer LAN, but I guess online makes more sense.

I'll go back to bed.

Local multiplayer LAN is not local multiplayer.

Local multiplayer LAN is not local multiplayer.

LAN shouldn't have been in there.

Not been keeping up to date with this... so it's out next month on May 29th yeah?

So the only that could stop me from putting in a Pre-Order is this..... where does the game stand on voice chat?

Not been keeping up to date with this... so it's out next month on May 29th yeah?

So the only that could stop me from putting in a Pre-Order is this..... where does the game stand on voice chat?

Uh-oh! Someone doesn't know!

There's none.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

There's been three threads on it and a million posts.

I've put a pre-order in on the official Nintendo store for the girl Inkling amiibo bundle so that's happening and you're all just going to have to deal with it.

I can't fathom why stock is always so limited in the Nintendo store.

Should anyone want my disk copy, let me know - ill knock a few quid off. I've only bought the special edition for the Inkling Squid, getting the game digitally.

I've also pre-ordered this now. The last Direct pushed me over into wanting it. I really hope there is a fully fledged single player and it's not just there to tick a box like I was worried it was.

Uh-oh! Someone doesn't know!

There's none.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

There's been three threads on it and a million posts.

As I said not been keeping up to date very well.

Well if no voice chat is confirmed that's me not needing to make a pre-order.

Did Nintendo even say why?

Ah feck it anyway, I was looking for a way to save some money anyway :(

Yes they've put more up of all of those at various points in the last few months. This is a game that isn't even out for another month and a half. Of course they wouldn't stop selling these after half an hour of sales.

No they haven't. They have Wii fit trainer, marth but not the others. Not yet. Hopefully though.

splatoon_edge_cover.png

"How Nintendo is reinventing the multiplayer shooter." I call the lack of voice chat a regression not a reinvention. Something that's been around since the original XBOX and is a standard feature on every other modern online shooter. I guess you could technically call it a "reinvention".

So Dr. Mario is supposedly compatible with this game. What's he going to do? Diagnose and cure a bad case of laryngitis?

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/aTkh7avfSbKaitAxdGQAen_mmE8vDspA

Edited by Wii

Did Nintendo even say why?

There was some very weak excuse about it being a design choice. The guys at GameXplain weren't convinced and neither was I.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

"How Nintendo is reinventing the multiplayer shooter." I call the lack of voice chat a regression not a reinvention.

You're running the risk of sounding a bit petty minded about this. We do get it, you're passionately disappointed and you are laser-focussed on expressing that disappointment to anyone who'll react but I do think it's time to move your argument on. Is there something new you'd like to say about Splatoon?

You're running the risk of sounding a bit petty minded about this. We do get it, you're passionately disappointed and you are laser-focussed on expressing that disappointment to anyone who'll react but I do think it's time to move your argument on. Is there something new you'd like to say about Splatoon?

I've said plenty of positive things about this game, I've paid for it already. But when there's a caption like that it's begging for a retort and it's got it elsewhere on the internet. H-O-T made the same point immediately following my post but edited it out perhaps because he seen I'd already commented on it just a minute before him.

I've said plenty of positive things about this game, I've paid for it already. But when there's a caption like that it's begging for a retort and it's got it elsewhere on the internet. H-O-T made the same point immediately following my post but edited it out perhaps because he seen I'd already commented on it just a minute before him.

Indeed. I figured you had already pointed it out ( pretty much word for word :D ) so I just deleted that part of my post.

Maybe because they intentionally left out voice chat it actually makes the game(play) better, thus reinventing the genre?

Just joking guys, just joking : peace:

Dude, you have an unhealthy obsession with cats. Much like the obession with voice chat on here. :D