NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

So, Squid Sisters are coming to Europe, Paris on July 8th. They'll be at the Japan Expo there.

Cj2r2aZWYAAQnf5.jpg

Museum level? Am I missing something or was it the wrong thread?

Museum d'Alfonsino...

Museum d'Alfonsino takes place in an open art museum with many rotating platforms.

think I just had my best splatoon match in a looooong time.. not so much in turf covered but in squids taken down :D they must have hated me, I was just swimming all around their spawn zone and coming from all sorts of angles, they didn't know where I was coming from :D felt awesome :D and they didn't manage to get me once :D

odvgq1O.jpg

Just wondering.. I asked a while back and everything fizzled out... anyone up for a few games of splatoon??

New splatfest... Travel the world or outer space

If it was possible I would probably go to space (in a sci-fi fast travelling vessel... not a decade to reach a planet type of thing :|) But I have a feeling the world option will win.

The Sheldon's Picks Vol. 2 update is live. 9 remodeled weapons and some new gear. Online feels great right now because everyone is trying out the new stuff. Reminds me of the first week this game came out.

[tweet]740475090597478400[/tweet]

I went on to try the new stuff out and ended up sticking with the Bamboozler mk ||. So much fun.

Aerospray with special charge up will be a nightmare. Unlimited Kraken.

Gonna see lots of the new charger about as wall and locator is perfect.

N-Zap looks pretty good too.

Aerospray with special charge up will be a nightmare. Unlimited Kraken.

Yeah, I've always used the Aerospray and its been fun holding onto a Kraken and unleashing it when someone thinks that they've cornered me.

I choose team world, attempted to play probably 10 games, won the two that actually completed, the rest were dcs. Given up.

Nobody ever choose plusnet for your isp. Absolute shite is being kind.

7lfA4m3.jpg

I went with Team Space, won almost all matches too. Congrats Team World

I got an email from Nintendo this morning saying it was time to vote for the final ever Splatfest. I guess that's it for these events then?

The Splatfest itself is Callie vs Marie and you also get to vote on what stage you want the Splatfest to be played on.

That sucks a bit, but I guess the buzz has faded a bit and numbers have probably dropped down to critical. Would be nice if they add a new mode, splatfest, where you can play against people on your friends list..even if the choice is permanently Callie or Marie. I would be very surprised if they don't pretty much soft retire splatoon now though :( It's a shame seeing as they have nearly stopped supporting the Wii U, having splatfest kinda kept the console feeling a bit alive, for me at least.

I'm not sure which stage to vote for...Piranha pit, Mahi Mahi, Museum d'Alfonso, Flounder Heights, Moray Towers, Black belly skatepark, Saltspray rig, Urchin underpass and Walleye Warehouse are my "short" list stages... even if that is over half the stages.

Mahi-Mahi resort, Flounder Heights and Piranha pit are probably my picks but I guess there are a few days to decide.

I never thought I'd write "If you can't get enough of musical squids"...

Posted up details about the final event and a few more bits and pieces here: http://n-europe.com/news/last-ever-splatfest-event-on-july-22nd

• Last event on 22nd July 10am (UK) until 24th July 10am (UK) between N.America and Europe. Callie vs Marie.
  • Five new amiibos July 8th - Callie and Maries offer concerts
  • Callie and Marie concert at the Japan Expo in Paris but will be on YouTube later that night
  • Three songs to be added to Wii Karaoke U
  • Currently on discount on eShop
  • Miiverse Art Academy community is asking for "splatfest memories" and best will put on Facebook

Shame to see it go. Nintendo only ever seem to keep these kinds of things going for about a year or so after launch (Smash Service in Brawl, Weapon Gem deliveries in KIU etc), so it's not unexpected really, but still a shame.

Yeah looks like the next Splatfest is the final one. I'm actually a little surprised, I assumed they would keep those running a little longer.

tumblr_o9k8orXvmN1u3akyno1_1280.png

We’ve had 15 inkredible Splatfests so far! While the good times in Inkopolis will continue to roll on, the next Splatfest will be… drumroll, please… the final Splatfest.

Time and time again, we’ve heard you pledge allegiance not to your favorite team choice, but to your favorite Squid Sister. Now, it’s time to show your support in the Squid Sisters Showdown! The theme is: Are you Team Callie or Team Marie?

The showdown begins at 2 AM PT on Friday, July 22, until 2 AM PT on Sunday, July 24. This will be the last Splatfest extravaganza, and we’d like everyone to have a blast!

The last Splatfest will be taking place (almost) at the same time in all regions. However the matchups will be different – the players in Japan will be matched up with those in Japan, and the players in North America and Europe will be matched up with each other. The Top 100 Players will also be tallied and announced separately for Japan region and for North America and Europe regions. Though the results will be collected from all regions, they will be combined together and announced at the same time.

In-game announcement and voting will start at 7 PM PT on Monday, July 4. Until then, please prepare yourself for the hardest decision you’ll make in your lifetime by doing some soul searching, going on a walkabout, meditating or just reading Squid Sisters fan fiction.

http://nintendo.tumblr.com/post/146709910839/splatoonus-weve-had-15-inkredible-splatfests

Edited by Helmsly

I must try to take part in this last one. I've missed so many and probably have a ton of new weapons and levels I've never played.

A 25% discount on splatoon leading up to this final splatfest. Guess they're trying to bolster numbers for the splatfest?

A 25% discount on splatoon leading up to this final splatfest. Guess they're trying to bolster numbers for the splatfest?

http://www.gfinity.net/splatoon/tournaments/

Looks like there's some tournaments here in the UK.

The Summer of Splat will bring kids and squids together over the course of four weekends (from the 16th July to the 7th August) to take part in The Great British Splat-Off, a series of online tournaments where they can show off their style, seek to cover the most territory and ultimately prove what they are made of.

Open to Inklings of all levels to come together in teams of four, players can sign up to join one of three different leagues:

Squid Kid League: For younger players – Turf War game mode only

Inkling League: Beginner/casual players – Turf War game mode only

Octo League: Open to all ages and levels – More challenging featuring all game modes

The winning teams from each league will be given the chance to take their skills to the next level, earning themselves tickets to compete in a special event - The Splatoon Fan Fest, a live day of challenges, held at London’s Gfinity Arena & Studios on 27th August.

http://www.gfinity.net/splatoon/tournaments/

Looks like there's some tournaments here in the UK.

The Summer of Splat will bring kids and squids together over the course of four weekends (from the 16th July to the 7th August) to take part in The Great British Splat-Off, a series of online tournaments where they can show off their style, seek to cover the most territory and ultimately prove what they are made of.

Open to Inklings of all levels to come together in teams of four, players can sign up to join one of three different leagues:

Squid Kid League: For younger players – Turf War game mode only

Inkling League: Beginner/casual players – Turf War game mode only

Octo League: Open to all ages and levels – More challenging featuring all game modes

The winning teams from each league will be given the chance to take their skills to the next level, earning themselves tickets to compete in a special event - The Splatoon Fan Fest, a live day of challenges, held at London’s Gfinity Arena & Studios on 27th August.